Championship 2016: G A M E T H R E A D... Go Huskies! | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Championship 2016: G A M E T H R E A D... Go Huskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Can't believe no one has mentioned Shaugnessey's tweet which is ten times more obnoxious than the one he got hammered for.

Reaction Score
Except for a period in the third quarter when they were unfocused (think of the dog in the movie "Up"), that may have been one of the best games of basketball execution I have seen.

My son always asks me how I can watch such lopsided games. My answer is that I watch for the elegant execution of basketball played the way it was meant to be. He is only 16 so he doesn't get it yet.

The last four years have been a joy to behold. I don't think we will see the likes of these three for a long time. On the other hand, WCBB overall may be more interesting with a lot of uncertainty as to who will stand at the top of the mountain at the end of the season for the next few years. That will be fun too.

Reaction Score
Watching it on sports center or somewhere, I think I saw Polly run over to the bench, give Geno a hug, and then run back onto the court to play defense. Did anyone else catch that?
That was a great moment. When it happened live I said to my wife "Look, Geno just said "great shot kid, now go play defense." :)
One of my favorite moments from the entire evening.

Reaction Score
Shaughnessy just likes to bash all things Connecticut. Whatever. Next year there will be more parity, including between UConn and other schools. Games should be closer.

Last year's game was the only 'close' game during the run- not that I ever thought we would lose, but it was a different feel from the other games. Maybe just seeing Muffet on the other side gets my attention!

Reaction Score
Can't believe no one has mentioned Shaugnessey's tweet which is ten times more obnoxious than the one he got hammered for.

He's just looking for attention. If Geno took the starters out with 5 or 10 minutes left, he still would have had a moronic response.

Reaction Score
There's a saying in basketball that a team that presses typically doesn't like to get pressed itself. With that being said congratulations to another Uconn national title.

Reaction Score

The video thumbnail picture seemed nice enough (and I didn't know where it originally came from), so I grabbed it out of Youtube:

kV2jJ6O.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline