Champions League Draw | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Champions League Draw

Reaction Score
Steve Nash has been doing a good job I think.

Weston McKennie also had an assist in addition to CP’s goal.

Reaction Score
Only saw part of the Real v. Roma game today, Roma looked to have no interest and for trashed. Man City surprisingly look the same way and my OL tea shocked them in Manchester 2-1 to give them a real boost ij their chance to advance. Juventus took care of Valencia; but, lost Ronaldo to a straight Red, which I believe means he will also miss the next match, too. I watched the replay a few times and it looks like he may have been booked not for the initial foul; but flow slapping the opponent on the head/face after.

Reaction Score
Should be Sancho and CP mainly starting on the wings for Dortmund, both are super creative.

It will be tough with Marco Reus healthy. With Alcacer, Reus, Pulisic and Sancho to pick from among others, things are getting crowded in the front three.

Reaction Score
Lloris is good for .5 howler goals in big games. WTF is he thinking. Tough for Spurs to content with Dele and key pieces on the sidelines. They're likely out.

Atleti cruises. Dortmund might be dangerous in this tournament

Reaction Score
And back to McKennie - he makes some impressive/dangerous runs into the box to trail counterattacks. If they can get him the ball at the 12-18 yard line he can clean up a few goals this year

Reaction Score
My Lyon team rallied from 2 down to tie Shakhtar Donetsk an now sit atop Group F with 4 points and win against pointless TSG Hoffenheim will put them throw and a draw should as I expect man City to come out gunning for SD in their final match. My other team, Club Brugge has no points after 2 matches and is likely going home.

Reaction Score
Lloris is good for .5 howler goals in big games. WTF is he thinking. Tough for Spurs to content with Dele and key pieces on the sidelines. They're likely out.

Atleti cruises. Dortmund might be dangerous in this tournament

This is why they should have spent more.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The bar was not set high by fox but TNT did not raise it. Will give them a pass for match day 1..
Give me NBC coverage or ESPN any day. Fox was awful and TNT isn't any better. I was really bummed when Fox won the rights to the World Cup. I really enjoy ESPN's coverage and I can't say that about many of the sports they cover!

To me, NBC has been a home run for the Prem. Their coverage is great. Wish they'd get the WC or other bigger tournaments.

Reaction Score
Give me NBC coverage or ESPN any day. Fox was awful and TNT isn't any better. I was really bummed when Fox won the rights to the World Cup. I really enjoy ESPN's coverage and I can't say that about many of the sports they cover!

To me, NBC has been a home run for the Prem. Their coverage is great. Wish they'd get the WC or other bigger tournaments.

I am hoping to catch more games on NBC in the future with Comcast, NBC's owner, winning the auction for Sky over Disney.

Reaction Score
Dortmund have as good a chance as any. Pulisic was invisible today, though

Reaction Score
With a draw against Monaco, Club Brugge is on life support in Group A. Lyon let a golden opportunity to go up 3 points over City in Group F slip by with a draw against Hoffenheim and will need to continue to work it to advance.

Champions League: How teams can qualify

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dortmund have as good a chance as any. Pulisic was invisible today, though

He had some good dribbles and created the first real scoring opportunity but his passing looked poor compared to what he normally does.

Reaction Score
Good :). Last thing I need is a consecutive Atleti group stage fail.

Outside of Arsenal, I don't root for the 'big' teams. Even if they fall out, I do hope that Horvath (USMNT) gets a chance to start in net for one game. Bruges is actually one of my favorite cities in Europe, sort of a mini-Venice with better beer. Even caught a soccer match there; but, it was a Euro Cup game.

Reaction Score
That was by far the worst I have seen from Liverpool so far this year. They are in real danger of not getting through now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom