OT: - CFP Thoughts | The Boneyard

OT: CFP Thoughts

Reaction Score
ND suxs, Alabama as usual looks so damn formidable. All Bama didn't need to watch the 2nd half.

Clemson Coach is stupid, saying OSU should be ranked 11 before the game. In other words he's saying they don't belong. Combine that with last years game where Clemson won on an end zone interception by Fields due to miscommunication with his receiver.

Fields is a baller! He couldn't run after that hit but that kid Sermon had his back. Jets should take him.

Trevor Lawrence only had two losses his career BOTH in New Orleans. Saints should never hire him. LOL

Bama vs OSU should be a good one, especially if Fields is healed.

Ouch!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ND suxs, Alabama as usual looks so damn formidable. All Bama didn't need to watch the 2nd half.

Clemson Coach is stupid, saying OSU should be ranked 11 before the game. In other words he's saying they don't belong. Combine that with last years game where Clemson won on an end zone interception by Fields due to miscommunication with his receiver.

Fields is a baller! He couldn't run after that hit but that kid Sermon had his back. Jets should take him.

Trevor Lawrence only had two losses his career BOTH in New Orleans. Saints should never hire him. LOL

Ouch!

Kelly needs to go his teams are never prepared in big games and he’s consistently out coached. It’s embarrassing. Book looked like he was crapping his pants pretty much the whole game while Rees the OC’s game plan was an absolute joke. Bama’s real good and while I can’t see OSU making it a game either their coach will have them better prepared and their team speed is impressive.

Football sucks when you throw a guy out of the game for a great hit. I get the helmet down “rule” but that was a shot ridiculous he has to be eliminated, stupid!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kelly needs to go his teams are never prepared in big games and he’s consistently out coached. It’s embarrassing. Book looked like he was crapping his pants pretty much the whole game while Rees the OC’s game plan was an absolute joke. Bama’s real good and while I can’t see OSU making it a game either their coach will have them better prepared and their team speed is impressive.

Football sucks when you throw a guy out of the game for a great hit. I get the helmet down “rule” but that was a shot ridiculous he has to be eliminated, stupid!

Are you talking about Skalski's hit? It was absolutely the right call and it was a very stupide play by him. I mentioned on the football board, that he was a bit unlucky with Fields spinning in to where Skalski was already leaning in for the hit but he definitely lowered his helmet- and did so unnecessarily. He easily should have had his mask forward and made the hit legally. This is especially true when you already have a reputation for targeting and have been ejected from games for it. You need to learn and learn how to adapt and that hit showed me a kid who relies on previously learned bad habits when things get tight.

As to Notre Dame, they had no chance. Think everyone knew that. It comes down to most deserving vs. best team. Only other option out there for a top 4 was maybe A&M. Unfortunately, Notre Dame had beaten Clemson earlier in the season and no other team forced the issue. Their record put them in place for a top 4 team in the country.

I like Bama by a lot in the championship game. No way Fields gets a half dozen 50 yard bombs where the OSU WR just runs past Bama DB's. Clemson's secondary looked FCS like in their speed and technique. Venebles got completed outcoached throughout the game.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about Skalski's hit? It was absolutely the right call and it was a very stupide play by him. I mentioned on the football board, that he was a bit unlucky with Fields spinning in to where Skalski was already leaning in for the hit but he definitely lowered his helmet- and did so unnecessarily. He easily should have had his mask forward and made the hit legally. This is especially true when you already have a reputation for targeting and have been ejected from games for it. You need to learn and learn how to adapt and that hit showed me a kid who relies on previously learned bad habits when things get tight.

As to Notre Dame, they had no chance. Think everyone knew that. It comes down to most deserving vs. best team. Only other option out there for a top 4 was maybe A&M. Unfortunately, Notre Dame had beaten Clemson earlier in the season and no other team forced the issue. Their record put them in place for a top 4 team in the country.

I like Bama by a lot in the championship game. No way Fields gets a half dozen 50 yard bombs where the OSU WR just runs past Bama DB's. Clemson's secondary looked FCS like in their speed and technique. Venebles got completed outcoached throughout the game.

By no means did I say it was the wrong call I just said it was a good hit. And by no means should the flag which results from the rule, also put him out of the game. He had to based on he rule but that needs to be changed its wrong in some cases, this was one.

ND most definitely deserved the 4 seed now one else was close enough to argue including A & M.

I think Bama wins fairly easy again but as much as I don’t like OSU I hope they keep it close.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
By no means did I say it was the wrong call I just said it was a good hit. And by no means should the flag which results from the rule, also put him out of the game. He had to based on he rule but that needs to be changed its wrong in some cases, this was one.

ND most definitely deserved the 4 seed now one else was close enough to argue including A & M.

I think Bama wins fairly easy again but as much as I don’t like OSU I hope they keep it close.

No. It wasn't a good hit and hasn't been considered a good hit for his entire college career. Targeting, in different forms, has been around for a while. Inexcusable for a senior LB to think lowering the crown and leading with the helmet is a legitimate football play.

Reaction Score
No. It wasn't a good hit and hasn't been considered a good hit for his entire college career. Targeting, in different forms, has been around for a while. Inexcusable for a senior LB to think lowering the crown and leading with the helmet is a legitimate football play.

Shoulder was by far the main impact of the hit, helmet shouldn't have been down shame on him but other than that it's a good hit and foot ball sucks because it's not. It could injure him because he lowered his head no doubt but football players can get hurt all the time on every play helmet, knee or otherwise. Next it will be tackling too low on the legs. It's football let them play.

Right call because of the rules but otherwise agree to disagree!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Invalid premise. Mississippi State won their bowl vs. Tulsa, but in no way deserved to be playing at 3-7.

Reaction Score
I don’t really understand why nobody is giving OSU a shot vs Alabama. Clemson was 5th in total defense before yesterday’s game and Alabama was 31st. Ohio State is 34th in that category however they just made Clemson and Trevor Lawrence look like a high school team.

Alabama definitely has the best offense in College Football and one of the best ever for that fact, but Justin fields is back. And if the 5th ranked defense with all that talent couldn’t slow him down then I don’t see how a team that just gave up 46 to Florida 2 weeks ago can either.

Reaction Score

Ouch!

Troy Smith, Terelle Pryor, Braxton Miller, Cordale Jones, JT Barrett and Haskins were all Heisman winners/finalists, played on loaded teams/NC teams, all put up ridiculous numbers and they all sucked in the league. Stay away from Ohio St QBs. Now, Fields started at GA and couldn't beat out Fromm, that's kind of concerning.....I'm just saying

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I don’t really understand why nobody is giving OSU a shot vs Alabama. Clemson was 5th in total defense before yesterday’s game and Alabama was 31st. Ohio State is 34th in that category however they just made Clemson and Trevor Lawrence look like a high school team.

Alabama definitely has the best offense in College Football and one of the best ever for that fact, but Justin fields is back. And if the 5th ranked defense with all that talent couldn’t slow him down then I don’t see how a team that just gave up 46 to Florida 2 weeks ago can either.

Agreed. I think OSU has a good shot to defeat Bama . It will be a high scoring game which I am excited about.

Reaction Score
Troy Smith, Terelle Pryor, Braxton Miller, Cordale Jones, JT Barrett and Haskins were all Heisman winners/finalists, played on loaded teams/NC teams, all put up ridiculous numbers and they all sucked in the league. Stay away from Ohio St QBs. Now, Fields started at GA and couldn't beat out Fromm, that's kind of concerning.....I'm just saying
You realize that Fields was a true freshman and Fromm was a year removed from leading them to OT in the championship game right?

Reaction Score
I watched both games on ESPNU from the sky cam. It was so much better almost felt like you were at the game giving you a much better appreciation for the game seeing the speed of the game not having to hear the announcers was nice too.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Invalid premise. Mississippi State won their bowl vs. Tulsa, but in no way deserved to be playing at 3-7.

Yes. No one questioned Ohio State’s talent.

But smart people questioned the validity and integrity of changing a rule mid season because it didn’t fit your selfish narrative as a conference.

The rule was working 100% exactly like it was supposed to, but Because it was Ohio state they changed it.

The rest of the b10 grabbed their ankles for Ohio st. That’s it. That’s the post

Reaction Score

Absolutly, Bama will get all the hype with the upcoming heisman trophy and OSU will have that chip on their shoulder. Should be a great game.

Reaction Score
You realize that Fields was a freshman and Fromm was a year removed from leading them to OT in the championship game right?
Should not matter, though I think GA favored Fromm and we're probably scare to turn it over to Fields. Fields was the number #1 recruit(you play the best guy) Fromm didn't get back to the NC and was mediocre after that NC season. Fields set Ohio St up for success the day he was named the starter and they having missed a beat. Imagine fields on GA.

Reaction Score
Should not matter, though I think GA favored Fromm and we're probably scare to turn it over to Fields. Fields was the number #1 recruit(you play the best guy) Fromm didn't get back to the NC and was mediocre after that NC season. Fields set Ohio St up for success the day he was named the starter and they having missed a beat. Imagine fields on GA.
So they're supposed to bench a guy who threw 24 touchdowns and 7 interceptions as a true freshman for an unproven freshman? There was absolutely no indication at that time that Fields was better than Fromm, especially on the big stage against Alabama where Fromm proved he could compete.

Ohio State didn't even know what they were getting until Fields played his first game with them. Justin said himself that he was shocked by the success he found his first year at Ohio State.

Also with your previous post, the only one of those Ohio State Quarterbacks with a first or second round grade was Haskins. The rest of them were just really good college players.

Braxton Miller didn't even play quarterback his last year at OSU.

Reaction Score
I think the CFP should be 25 teams btw have teams ranked 16-25 have a playin

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think the CFP should be 25 teams btw have teams ranked 16-25 have a playin
There is no reason for FBS to not have an NCAA tournament like FCS, D2, and D3. With regular season games throughout December, the Finals blackout was proven to be moot.

There being college football at all during COVID proves that academics are an afterthought.

Reaction Score
Excellent point. They are great at auditioning, but always fail to perform. In fact Fields looked no better than the ones you mentioned. And again, last night's audition was perfect (against the top pick), and like clockwork he will get drafted very high.

Regardless though that kid is tough as hell, and I respect what I saw in his performance considering the opponent, the occasion, and his obvious injury/pain. He's definitely a quarterback worth 'gambling' on preferably with an 'old' mentor (think Tampa Bay/Brady, New Orleans/Brees). Just saying break him in slow.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yesterday again showed you don’t need to expand the playoffs beyond 4 teams

Quite the opposite. ND didn't belong, and a case could be made that some schools were more worthy than OSU.

I think they said pre game that like 75% of the cfp semi finals were decided by double digits.

That’s a sign it’s probably not wrong. Most bcs years you really only needed 4 teams to solve most disputes anyway

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think they said pre game that like 75% of the cfp semi finals were decided by double digits.

That’s a sign it’s probably not wrong. Most bcs years you really only needed 4 teams to solve most disputes anyway

Or a sign that the committee selects the wrong teams/matchups.

I say increase the field, go back to the composite computer models (a la the BCS), and take it out of the hands of humans who are only looking for ROI. Crown a true champion.

No way ND was a top 4 program, having just been smoked by Clemson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom