CFP Rankings | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CFP Rankings

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Cincy being on the outside looking in is great for so many reasons.

1. Anarchy - The Bearcat fans are pissed. They thought their situation was different from UCF's and I saw them distancing themselves from Knight fans on Twitter, but not looking that way now. They need to Unite, align, and overthrow.
2. Mike Aresco gets to complain and play "not mad" Mike again. Always a fun time.
3. F the new B12. My preference for all the schools joining is that they bring .500 or less records with them. I'll need a Cincy collapse at some point.
4. Lawsuit - Some day a G5 school will go all Blumenthal and sue. The drama for an outsider like me will be great.

I'd like to see Cincy continue to win for this year and maybe drop further out of the top 4. That would cause riots in Cincinnati.
Attica! Attica! Attica!

Reaction Score
If Alabama goes, it will because they will have beaten the best team in the country, Georgia. And beaten four teams in the current top 25 and played five...

Cincinnati has played Notre Dame.....It is a heck of a lot easier to win your one top 25 game than to wade through five of them.

It is what it is....Alabama would blast through Cincinnati's schedule...Heck, even FSU took the Irish to overtime.
Alabama is a super strong team that can be anybody. They lost to A&M which is a mediocre team. Cincy can beat any Big10 team on any given day. They are built similarly. They probably couldn’t hang with Alabama except on an off day. Georgia would be a real tough go as well. The problem is there is no objective consistency. They want to pick who they want based on their opinions and cherry pick info. The thing is a proven sham.

Reaction Score
Just eliminate the committee all together by expanding the playoffs to at least 12 (10 conference champs and 2 at large). You want to play in the playoffs win your conference. Like literally every other GD level of football except the cartel known as D-IA

Reaction Score
Alabama is a super strong team that can be anybody. They lost to A&M which is a mediocre team. Cincy can beat any Big10 team on any given day. They are built similarly. They probably couldn’t hang with Alabama except on an off day. Georgia would be a real tough go as well. The problem is there is no objective consistency. They want to pick who they want based on their opinions and cherry pick info. The thing is a proven sham.
Fortunately, Georgia is going to have a field day with Alabama which should knock them out of the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Just eliminate the committee all together by expanding the playoffs to at least 12 (10 conference champs and 2 at large). You want to play in the playoffs win your conference. Like literally every other GD level of football except the cartel known as D-IA
Your right as that is the only clear remedy. You have a big 10 guy heading it up, and somehow all these big 10 teams end up highly ranked vs other teams who have beat honestly better teams particularly in the OOC schedules. I'm not a ND fan at all, but how Michigan can be 3 spots better than ND when their only loss is to Cincy who is #2 in both coaches and ap poll is a head scratcher particularly given ND's sos is better. Another self padded proclamation that a loss to MSU is not really a big deal because all of the sudden MSU is great even though they have zero top 25 wins(outside of UM strangely enough). The Oregon selection is obviously an homage to Nike and/or a west coast inclusion and by the way it helps OSU's ranking as it makes their loss look less of a tilt. It's a beauty contest both for pr and more importantly money. ND would beat Michigan because their qb is bad, and Harbaugh is cursed.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Here's all to need to remember the CFP will be the following

1. SEC #1
2. B1G #1
3. PAC #2
4. SEC #2
5. B1G #2 if its MSU
6. Cincinnati if they are undefeated.

To move up to #4, they need Bama to lose twice more, OSU to run the table and MSU and Michigan to lose another game and Oklahoma to lose another game.

The kick in the nuts will be #4 coming down to Cincy and ND and picking ND on SOS.

This is a full on 3 card monte system. You have to go undefeated, you need a good win, no you need to pass the eye test, no you don't play a tough enough schedule. No, we won't tell you how we evaluate your schedule. No, you didn't ein some meaningless game be a big enough margin and if none of that works. We just think (SEC Team) is a better team.

Cincy nearly beat GA last season. They have as much of a chance to win a 2 game playoff as the Atlanta Braves did on winning the WS. If they win out they have to be in this year or the entire thing is a sham.

(It's a sham)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Notre Dame should win out which is good for Cincy but bad for the committee who might like to sneak them in. Oregon is good despite a bad loss.

But I'll go with:

Georgia
Michigan State
Cincy
Oklahoma

as undefeateds based on best wins

Then:

Oregon
Bama
OSU
Michigan
Wake Forest
Notre Dame

They had to push Cincy down now which is a total fraud on the system. Except the system was rigged to do just this.

CFP Committee: Loss to lousy Stamford team...NDB. Tight win against Tulsa...not CFP material.

They can't even keep their story straight.

Reaction Score
The level of conspiracy theory here is impressive. Are you all posting from Dealey Plaza?

Reaction Score
Cincy has a shot. Oregon or OSU may lose another game and no way Bama is beating Georgia. So it is possible that 2-4 could lose 1 more time before the end of the season.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Cincy has a shot. Oregon or OSU may lose another game and no way Bama is beating Georgia. So it is possible that 2-4 could lose 1 more time before the end of the season.
If Oklahoma state or Oklahoma win out they’re likely in, and big 10 winner (unless they blow a game) is in. I can see the committee keeping bama in the top 4 if they lose a close one because this is just an invitational designed to draw the most viewers for ESPN. They’ll use every justification to keep Cincy out. I can even see them putting ND in over them which would be hilarious.

Reaction Score
If Oklahoma state or Oklahoma win out they’re likely in, and big 10 winner (unless they blow a game) is in. I can see the committee keeping bama in the top 4 if they lose a close one because this is just an invitational designed to draw the most viewers for ESPN. They’ll use every justification to keep Cincy out. I can even see them putting ND in over them which would be hilarious.
I'll bet if Cincy got it, that'll be the most watched game of the first round. They've been talked about all year as having a slight chance and I think a lot of people would want to watch and root for that Cincy team. Cuz if not, we'll basically have the same playoff as last year minus Clemson + tOSU.

Reaction Score
Msu ranked behind Michigan even though they beat them two weeks ago. LOL. They should stick a fork in that committee. Michigan has all those "big wins" as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom