CFP Games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CFP Games

Reaction Score
Isn't the principle the same as when any part of the ball crosses the plane of the goal? If that's a touchdown, then the call you're referencing also has to be correct.
That's my point, I don't think it is the same as on the goal line. If it was the same, then every pass thrown toward the sideline and caught by a receivers hands out of bounds or even partially out of bounds but with both feet still planted in bounds, would have to be ruled a non catch, and that clearly isn't the case.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Have a tough time believing a freshman pocket passer like Lawrence can beat Bama.
If he could transfer in from California and lead the newly desegregated Williams High Titans to the state title after they lose their star DE he can do anything.

Reaction Score
That's my point, I don't think it is the same as on the goal line. If it was the same, then every pass thrown toward the sideline and caught by a receivers hands out of bounds or even partially out of bounds but with both feet still planted in bounds, would have to be ruled a non catch, and that clearly isn't the case.

But if the ball is ruled down, while touching the out of bounds line in any part, it is out of bounds.

The ball can be over the line if receiver's foot is in bounds and ball is in the air...because nothing has yet touched down out of bounds.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
ND should never make the CFP again...
Should have stopped here.

Game was not compelling at all. The second game was less so. I would have thought that to be impossible. Looked like OU gave up after the turnover was overturned. Almost like Diaco was coaching...

Reaction Score
But if the ball is ruled down, while touching the out of bounds line in any part, it is out of bounds.

The ball can be over the line if receiver's foot is in bounds and ball is in the air...because nothing has yet touched down out of bounds.
How stupid can you be? Let me explain as you seem to be mentally challenged, a football is not flat like a brick, in one plane it is round but is oval in the other plane 90 degrees opposite, thus when it comes to rest on the field the only part of it touching the field is four or five inches of the middle part, the two or three inches on both ends don't touch the field, and that is precisely what happened in the play in question. The sideline camera clearly showed the middle of the ball only touching the field, but the end of it which was not touching anything on the field except air, did break the imaginary plane of the out of bounds line. Thus no part of the ball touched the out of bounds line. It was a terrible call by the review team in over turning the original call by the line judge, who had it right.

Reaction Score
How stupid can you be? Let me explain as you seem to be mentally challenged, a football is not flat like a brick, in one plane it is round but is oval in the other plane 90 degrees opposite, thus when it comes to rest on the field the only part of it touching the field is four or five inches of the middle part, the two or three inches on both ends don't touch the field, and that is precisely what happened in the play in question. The sideline camera clearly showed the middle of the ball only touching the field, but the end of it which was not touching anything on the field except air, did break the imaginary plane of the out of bounds line. Thus no part of the ball touched the out of bounds line. It was a terrible call by the review team in over turning the original call by the line judge, who had it right.

If I am stupid...you are blind. The ball touched.

The ball turns up after the stripe....It is difficult for on field officials to see plays in real time....we the fans see it in replayed slo mo...and so does the recall booth...who have a far better look with freeze frame, zoom in, and slow motion.

Reaction Score
How about that the ND player that covered the ball leapt on it from out of bounds? Watch the play. He was out of bounds and never touched in bounds until jumping on the ball.
NCAA RULE 4 – Ball in Play, Dead Ball, Out of Bounds – Page 2 – Ruletool

And the ball touched out of bounds. The nose was pointed down. And that one call is not why ND lost. They were beat bad by a way better team.
Google Image Result for https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/clemson-fumble.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
ND should never be allowed to play in another CFP game again. Every year they are overrated. That said they will start next season in the top ten.

Don't worry. Notre Dame will surely crack the CFB Playoff again in 2024 after going 10-2 against another mediocre ACC-based independent schedule because it's their Old Money Club turn. One of their losses will be to UCF, who will then have a nation-leading 94 game winning streak but no Playoff chance because the CFB Committee values schools who were good in 1958 over everything else.

Does anyone else miss the old BCS system as much as I do? At least the BCS games had drama and most of the players played in the games. Sure, there were blowouts too here and there but not like this. This Playoff system is an absolute dud. No reason for anyone who lives outside of Alabama or South Carolina to watch college football at all.

Aside: how did the state of Ala-friggin'-bama become college sports royalty? The state itself does not have a population that much bigger than Connecticut. I would love to see Alabama become the next great women's basketball empire after Geno retires and see if the national media dopes storm that castle too.

Reaction Score
Don't worry. Notre Dame will surely crack the CFB Playoff again in 2024 after going 10-2 against another mediocre ACC-based independent schedule because it's their Old Money Club turn. One of their losses will be to UCF, who will then have a nation-leading 94 game winning streak but no Playoff chance because the CFB Committee values schools who were good in 1958 over everything else.

Does anyone else miss the old BCS system as much as I do? At least the BCS games had drama and most of the players played in the games. Sure, there were blowouts too here and there but not like this. This Playoff system is an absolute dud. No reason for anyone who lives outside of Alabama or South Carolina to watch college football at all.

Aside: how did the state of Ala-friggin'-bama become college sports royalty? The state itself does not have a population that much bigger than Connecticut. I would love to see Alabama become the next great women's basketball empire after Geno retires and see if the national media dopes storm that castle too.
How? Devotion. After the Ivies deemphasized athletics, as they claim, rednecks were going to build themselves up in college football. What else does Alabama have, on a national scale? In the SEC, only 2 states have 2 schools in the conference. Tulane, somehow, didn't have the forevision to stay. Or maybe they knew what was coming.

Reaction Score
How about that the ND player that covered the ball leapt on it from out of bounds? Watch the play. He was out of bounds and never touched in bounds until jumping on the ball.
NCAA RULE 4 – Ball in Play, Dead Ball, Out of Bounds – Page 2 – Ruletool

And the ball touched out of bounds. The nose was pointed down. And that one call is not why ND lost. They were beat bad by a way better team.
Google Image Result for https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/clemson-fumble.jpg
I don't think he ever touch any out of bounds surface before recovering the ball, he almost did but I don't think he did. Yes, the nose of the ball was pointed slightly down but was still not touching anything OB from the sideline cam view. The line judge was right there, I don't think there was any clear cut evidence in the replay to over turn his call. Of course they were beaten by a much better team even with Dexter Lawrence not playing, I'm not arguing that at all.

Reaction Score
If I am stupid...you are blind. The ball touched.

The ball turns up after the stripe....It is difficult for on field officials to see plays in real time....we the fans see it in replayed slo mo...and so does the recall booth...who have a far better look with freeze frame, zoom in, and slow motion.
The ball never touched the OB line, I know what I saw. If you want to prove me wrong, freeze a replay of the game and take screen shot. Kelly even argued that call for several minutes, as well as the fumble recovery that was called an incomplete pass, by the crew in the booth. Both overturned calls were incorrect in my view.

Reaction Score
The ball never touched the OB line, I know what I saw. If you want to prove me wrong, freeze a replay of the game and take screen shot. Kelly even argued that call for several minutes, as well as the fumble recovery that was called an incomplete pass, by the crew in the booth. Both overturned calls were incorrect in my view.
Luckily for college football fans your view doesn't matter. Nor does Kelly's.

Reaction Score

Why don't you provide a shot? A freeze frame?

Of course Kelly argued...that's what coaches do. Hurley would have ripped off his glasses and jacket and screamed and stomped. The old Kelly would have as well.

But...the announcers saw the ball, I saw the ball, the replay officials looking in slo-mo, zoom, saw the ball. It hit the field side of the white out of bounds line...barely...but that is all it takes. In a play that takes a 10th of a second, the player reaching for a ball and pulling it towards himself, you have to have a good camera angle...and they did...right down the line.

That incomplete pass was trapped by the ground...we all saw that (well...all but you).

OK...we agree that we disagree...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom