CFP Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CFP Games

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kyle Murray has a chance to go CFB legend tonight. If he can win and run through Bama's D, holy smokes.

He's making the right choice with baseball. He's Mookie Betts sized and Mookie will make more money on his next contract than any NFL player has ever made in their career.

Wow - comparing him to Mookie Betts and the kid hasn't even seen MLB pitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I understand what you are getting at

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
OSU should have been picked over ND. Sure ND was undefeated but so was UCF.

Ohio St definitely didn't belong.

Georgia or UCF would have been better picks.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I know its early but my God does OU look like it doesn't belong
Again, its early but Bama is like a sreamroller

Reaction Score
Are they getting screwed when the final decision is the correct one?
Says you. The Clemson fumble early in the game was not the correct call, just because the middle part of the football is resting on the field inbounds but the end of the ball which is not touching the ground but is breaking the plane of the OB marker is a cheap reason to call the ball out of bounds. That ball was inbounds as it sat on the ground, the line camera clearly showed that. Also thought the ND fumble and recovered, that was called an incomplete pass was also bogus.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Notre Dame was completely undeserving of being in the Playoff. They got in from name recognition only. Completely overmatched in every facet of the game. There is no question in my mind that Ohio State or even Milton-less UCF gives Clemson a much better game than Notre Dame.

Looking forward to 2024 when Notre Dame next gets in after playing a mediocre ACC-based schedule...then whooped 62-10 by whoever they play against. Rinse and repeat.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The ND debacle is about to be overshadowed by the Alabama super power which is making the sport super boring.

Reaction Score
Says you. The Clemson fumble early in the game was not the correct call, just because the middle part of the football is resting on the field inbounds but the end of the ball which is not touching the ground but is breaking the plane of the OB marker is a cheap reason to call the ball out of bounds. That ball was inbounds as it sat on the ground, the line camera clearly showed that. Also thought the ND fumble and recovered, that was called an incomplete pass was also bogus.
No Robert. Says the officials that reviewed the call.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Alabama and Clemson are on a different level from everyone else and I agree, it's making college football incredibly boring. CFB Committee is content to roll out the Washington Generals every year though so here we all are...snoozing away at more blowouts.

Reaction Score

I think the ball was out of bounds. That being said.. I don't think the call should have been overturned. That pylon cam was the only angle that showed the tip of the ball being over the line, but it was some 20 yards away and when they zoomed in on it, the resolution was circa 1995 standard definition television.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alabama and Clemson are on a different level from everyone else and I agree, it's making college football incredibly boring. CFB Committee is content to roll out the Washington Generals every year though so here we all are...snoozing away at more blowouts.

Not commenting about a specific way but Tua has the ability to put a ball in the receivers hands in the one step of the pattern over the first defenders reach and before the over the top safety coverage can make a play.

Reaction Score
So far, Oklahoma looks a lot like ND, an atheltic team that is going to get bullied on the lines by Alabama. The Tide are going to roll in the game as its arleady 21-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. Boring. Why am I even watching this?

And the referees have definitely got the same memo as the refs in the prior games. There have been 3 reviewed calls. The first, which looks to be correct, was overturned in Bama's favor (fumble, runner was down by contact). The second was upheld in Bama's favor for a TD; but, looks looks to be wrong as the Bama receiver did not have control of the ball going out of bound as it clearly bounces into his lap (the ESPN guys were talking over their own analyst, who was trying to say it was incomplete, the entire time. The third call was overturned in OU's favor; but, it should not have been ruled a backward pass (and then fumble for a TD for Bama) in the first place was it was clearly a forward pass by 2 or 3 yards. It looked like OU's coach asked the nearest ref 'are you blind' if I can lip read.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom