CFP Games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

CFP Games

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How stupid can you be? Let me explain as you seem to be mentally challenged, a football is not flat like a brick, in one plane it is round but is oval in the other plane 90 degrees opposite, thus when it comes to rest on the field the only part of it touching the field is four or five inches of the middle part, the two or three inches on both ends don't touch the field, and that is precisely what happened in the play in question. The sideline camera clearly showed the middle of the ball only touching the field, but the end of it which was not touching anything on the field except air, did break the imaginary plane of the out of bounds line. Thus no part of the ball touched the out of bounds line. It was a terrible call by the review team in over turning the original call by the line judge, who had it right.

Are you arguing about a call in one of those two ridiculous games yesterday? Notre Dame got the drubbing it deserved, and if one wanted to be a conspiracy theorist, it almost seemed like Alabama was deliberately trying NOT to blow out Oklahoma. ESPN pays a lot of money for those games, and two bloodbaths just wouldn't do, so we get the most lopsided 11 point game in bowl history.

Reaction Score
Why don't you provide a shot? A freeze frame?

Of course Kelly argued...that's what coaches do. Hurley would have ripped off his glasses and jacket and screamed and stomped. The old Kelly would have as well.

But...the announcers saw the ball, I saw the ball, the replay officials looking in slo-mo, zoom, saw the ball. It hit the field side of the white out of bounds line...barely...but that is all it takes. In a play that takes a 10th of a second, the player reaching for a ball and pulling it towards himself, you have to have a good camera angle...and they did...right down the line.

That incomplete pass was trapped by the ground...we all saw that (well...all but you).

OK...we agree that we disagree...

No it did not hit the out of bounds line at all, only broke the plane, which doesn't count.

The receiver already had control of the ball as he turned, then as he turned he was hit by the defender causing the fumble, which he recovered with the help of the ground. Only a moron like you and the replay booth failed to see that and overturned the original call.

Reaction Score
I agree with you that mistakes are made, even in replay. I just don't think it applies here, other than ND being there in the first place.
Well for once I will agree that Georgia should have gotten in ahead of ND.

Reaction Score
Here is a pic...Looks out of bounds to me.

In that blurry picture I would say it it was very close but still inbounds, and I think the official in the same picture looking right at it saw it as NOT out of bounds, and I'm sure his vision is not as blurry. Lol

Reaction Score
Are you arguing about a call in one of those two ridiculous games yesterday? Notre Dame got the drubbing it deserved, and if one wanted to be a conspiracy theorist, it almost seemed like Alabama was deliberately trying NOT to blow out Oklahoma. ESPN pays a lot of money for those games, and two bloodbaths just wouldn't do, so we get the most lopsided 11 point game in bowl history.
Please go away, I hate Notre Dame, and have already said that there were other teams more deserving as the 4th team.

Reaction Score
That official had no freeze frame...he had a 10th of a second blink as the player gathered the ball in...

Reaction Score
I don't think he ever touch any out of bounds surface before recovering the ball, he almost did but I don't think he did. Yes, the nose of the ball was pointed slightly down but was still not touching anything OB from the sideline cam view. The line judge was right there, I don't think there was any clear cut evidence in the replay to over turn his call. Of course they were beaten by a much better team even with Dexter Lawrence not playing, I'm not arguing that at all.
The ND player that recovered the ball came directly from out of bounds without touching inbounds first. That makes the ball dead even if it had not gone out of bounds.

The ball was out. And it was an incomplete pass not a fumble. Ball traveled 1 yard or more foreword.

Reaction Score
The ND player that recovered the ball came directly from out of bounds without touching inbounds first. That makes the ball dead even if it had not gone out of bounds.

The ball was out. And it was an incomplete pass not a fumble. Ball traveled 1 yard or more foreword.
Maybe in a dream you had?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom