Celts/Heat Dame 7 | The Boneyard

Celts/Heat Dame 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For anyone who isn't sure of the difference of quality or excitement of NBA vs. NCAA, watch t0night.

The quality is top notch from the complexity of the offensive sets and the defensive rotations, the attentiveness to each player knowing his roll on each team and the urgency.

These guys are professionals and know its now or next year and are playing accordingly.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What do the other six Dames look like?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
God I hope Boston tuck these guys in for good for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Really?

I just watched an old Ray Allen come off a curl and coast by three Heat defenders for an easy layup.

Reaction Score
12 minutes left. Tie game. Berth in the NBA finals on the line.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Getting seriously annoyed at this bitch fan that you can hear through the microphones whose cheers sound like a dying kitten

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Only tolerable player on the Heat is Bosh...LeBron, Haslem and especially Wade are insufferable jerks!
ESPN talk radio has been pushing hard the message that the dislike of LBJ is undeserved...what a crock!

Reaction Score
Only tolerable player on the Heat is Bosh...LeBron, Haslem and especially Wade are insufferable jerks!
ESPN talk radio has been pushing hard the message that the dislike of LBJ is undeserved...what a crock!

Disagree to an extent. Haslem and Wade are insufferable jerks. It's hard for me to put that label on James yet, despite The Decision and "not one, not two, not three....." The Big Three era for the Celts is done. I wonder if Ray retires or joins a contender as a sixth man sniper next season.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You're on the wrong board, you can't talk bad about LeBron here!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
They were in control for 40 plus minutes. It's tough to lose like that.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen needs to be sent to the Thunder for next season.

Reaction Score
Disagree to an extent. Haslem and Wade are insufferable jerks. It's hard for me to put that label on James yet, despite The Decision and "not one, not two, not three....." The Big Three era for the Celts is done. I wonder if Ray retires or joins a contender as a sixth man sniper next season.

Haslem??????????

Reaction Score
Give credit to the Big 3-South. They made huge plays on both ends of the floor late while the Celtics had no legs, no answers.

Congrats to the heat.

A lot of uncertainty for the Celtics next year. I think KG comes back on a one year deal around $10 mil. There are NO free agents out there for big $. Allen, on the other hand, I think will walk to try to get one more ring. Two draft picks in the early 20's could net something/someone who can contribute. Bradley and Jeff Green will both be back and I hope Chris Wilcox will be back too. Both Wilcox and Green would be great stories after having heart surgery this season.

Reaction Score
Haslem??????????

He's tough, he's a warrior, yet over the years, I've seen him take more cheap shots than anyone. Question: did you like Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Dennis Rodman, Bill Lambier, Anthony and Dale Davis? I did, but they were insufferable jerks.

Reaction Score
Mucho props to the Celts. They had an awesome series, and they did quite well, considering how much age and talent-on-paper they were giving up. I love Rondo. Love his game. I'd think hard about making him the point on my dream team of active players.

Props to the Heat. They got it done. Essentially, they didn't back down, didn't get down, and never gave up. Ultimately, they simply outlasted the Celtics. It was as if the 4th quarter was their time, and they knew it. The C's were shooting Ray Ray off balance 3s, KG long twos, and Pierce desperation drives. Those three guys have huge heart. 35, 36, 36 is it? Man, that is old for the NBA. Really awesome that they gave the Heat the challenge that they did.

LeBron looked awesome when it mattered - 4th quarter. Just decided it was his. Drive. Drive. Bomb. Drive. Guy simply blows by defenders. It's unreal.

I think we can be pretty sure that the finals are going to be high scoring. I got the Heat in 6 or 7.

I thought the officiating was all over the place. Not in favor of any team - just wild, and sometimes seemingly arbitrary and/or random. Hate to be a ref in the NBA. Oughtta be a T if you flop or exaggerate contact - it's just too tough for refs to see.

Reaction Score
I'm just glad the Heat won so now we can see a 5 or 6 game series instead of a sweep.

Reaction Score
They had no answer for Lebron James, period. I'm not sure any team in this league does if he really wants to dominate. The guy is, even beyond Michael Jordan, the single most gifted player to see the NBA court in almost anyones lifetime. He may not have the same intangibles as an MJ as far as will to win, but my god, the guy looks like an immortal on the basketball court. Between size, athletecism, strength, he may be a one in a 100 year type of player. He's a gladiator out there. His treatment is generally unfair, expectations are unreal.

Now it's a team sport and as far as that goes, the Thunder are a better team top to bottom. They cover just about every point needed on a basketball team - scoring, big bodies, defense, chemistry. They have role fillers all over the place whereas the Heat are 3 guys and a bunch of randoms. It's going to be interesting to see how the matchups take shape and who they put on James. Do they throw the smaller defender on him, a Sefalosha, or an Ibaka? Who defends Durant? A fun entertaining series with loads of talent.

I didn't hold out much hope for the Celts - their chance to win this thing was in game 6 on crowd adrenaline and when an old team like that lays an egg in their chance to tie off an improbably series on their home court because they looked tired/lifeless, it didn't seem like it was going to get much better in a game 7 away. Nice season, time to rebuild, unless they're content with semi's max for a year or two more.

Reaction Score
He's tough, he's a warrior, yet over the years, I've seen him take more cheap shots than anyone. Question: did you like Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Dennis Rodman, Bill Lambier, Anthony and Dale Davis? I did, but they were insufferable jerks.

You must have him confused with some other cheap shot guy. Haslem is definitely not known for that.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
He is not beyond Michael Jordan. Please stop it. I think people really forget the high quality of play, leadership, and killer instinct Michael Jordan had on the court. A perfect 6-0 in the finals and has never been swept. It's an absolute joke when people try to compare LeBron to MJ.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You must have him confused with some other cheap shot guy. Haslem is definitely not known for that.

Haslem does take cheap shots. Chalmers is another one.

Reaction Score
He is not beyond Michael Jordan. Please stop it. I think people really forget the high quality of play, leadership, and killer instinct Michael Jordan had on the court. A perfect 6-0 in the finals and has never been swept. It's an absolute joke when people try to compare LeBron to MJ.

+1. Imagine MJ 3 inches taller and a little heavier. That's what people want to see in Lebron but he just isn't as good as MJ.

If these guys went head to head in their prime MJ would have physically and emotionally abused him. He would have literally sent LBJ to the looney bin with insecurity and frustration. MJ was the total package and he was outrageously strong for his size. I am still waiting for the next version of MJ, but LBJ is not it.

Kobe is slipping now, but he was the closest thing to Jordan I've seen.

Reaction Score
LeBron never had the quality supporting cast or superior coaching Jordan had. When comes to LeBron people seem to forget it is a team sport. He played mist of his career on teams that didn't have one other legitimate all-star. The guys to whom he is most often compared played with Hall of Farmers. Jordan is still the GOAT, but LeBron's talent set is superior and he is still only 27. Let's compare in 6 or 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom