Celeron | The Boneyard

Celeron

Reaction Score
I saw it on a recent comment and looked it up and saw it was an apartment complex close to campus.

Been a long, long time since I was in Storrs.

Is it a noisy (hear everything through the walls)party place, or supervised?
Are the rentals just during school year, or are they yearly?
Do non-students rent there?
Is it in high demand?

Apartments looks a little small , but then again that is par for newer construction.

Is this the gold standard for off campus housing, or are there better ones?

Just trying to catch up on what is going on there.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I'll add the only thing I can, since I did a lot of bicycling on campus while it was empty: There's a nice trail from there that takes you through the woods into campus. A good shortcut on foot or bike.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'll add the only thing I can, since I did a lot of bicycling on campus while it was empty: There's a nice trail from there that takes you through the woods into campus. A good shortcut on foot or bike.
690D7312-7BF0-42B9-8B06-2BC7ADF2495C.gif

Reaction Score
The celeron I know is not the celeron today. Parties use to be off the hook. Many late nights with selvie and Robertson in coogan if I remember correctly

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The celeron I know is not the celeron today. Parties use to be off the hook. Many late nights with selvie and Robertson in coogan if I remember correctly
God, I remember parties there with seemingly thousands of people flowing through apartments, lots and lawns. I remember more than one occasion where a guest had their car flipped. We'd remind them we told them to move their car.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I saw it on a recent comment and looked it up and saw it was an apartment complex close to campus.

Is it in high demand?

Apartments looks a little small , but then again that is par for newer construction.

Gold standard is knollwood.

Reaction Score

Is it in high demand?

I loved there for three years 91-94. It was nice back then. The upper story had high ceilings and were spacious. It was close to campus and you could walk from Teds. I rode my bike to campus. I loved it there...but that was a long time ago.

Reaction Score
I spent a NYE in Celeron in a blizzard. Walked to Carriage House to my place for more wine with my friend. Our girlfriends said we stayed there too long.

Celeron was the nicest place on the block back in my day.

Reaction Score
Well I was a freshman at UConn for the last real Spring Weekend (‘09) and Celeron was the Friday night spot, as if it were a tradition. Carriage was Thursday and X Lot was Saturday. It was that lineup every year, I was led to believe. Maybe that started in the earlier 00s?

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I spent a NYE in Celeron in a blizzard. Walked to Carriage House to my place for more wine with my friend. Our girlfriends said we stayed there too long.

Celeron was the nicest place on the block back in my day.
Now I’m kinda wondering what you and your friend were doing in Carriage that night.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Well I was a freshman at UConn for the last real Spring Weekend (‘09) and Celeron was the Friday night spot, as if it were a tradition. Carriage was Thursday and X Lot was Saturday. It was that lineup every year, I was led to believe. Maybe that started in the earlier 00s?
It was ‘01-05 at least.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Wonder if it started around/after the first ‘ship because I’m seeing someone posting ITT who was there in the early 90s who make no mention of Spring Weekend festivities
Would make sense. It felt new to us.

Reaction Score
Would make sense. It felt new to us.
I also didn’t grow up in CT so I didn’t grow up around the legends and didn’t live stories of kids from all over the state going to campus to party. Didn’t see or hear that until it was right in front of me, a river of thousands along the ‘Trail

Reaction Score
Now I’m kinda wondering what you and your friend were doing in Carriage that night.
Wine, music, hearty walk in the blizzy. Your usual. Probably smoking butts and stuff too. It did not feel long to us. We looked a bit confused as to why they thought that. I mean, it does take an hour to walk from Celeron to 18C right? Perhaps they were a bit upset we brought back less then we did. :rolleyes: Amd now that I think about it, we were out of booze and my bartender roommate had wine at the bar in our place, which was the impetus to go there. This is what friends and roommates do, right?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was ‘01-05 at least.
That's when I lived there. Saw the cars get flipped. Got my first taste of pepper spray, even though I wasn't one of those perpetrators. Our apartment window was right above the end of the trail. Would watch 1,000's of people stream in from campus.

I believe it went:

Thurs: Kill-a-keg in Carriage
Fri: X-Lot
Sat: Celeron

Reaction Score
Wonder if it started around/after the first ‘ship because I’m seeing someone posting ITT who was there in the early 90s who make no mention of Spring Weekend festivities
Kill a Keg Thursday, X Lot Saturday mid to late 90's when I was there if I recall the timing right. Kill a keg rocked and then once folks started fires and car damage and stuff in X Lot it got bad. But then again, it is Spring Weekend.

Reaction Score
The year before my freshman year was the riots in '98. My freshman year was the ship. They started to try to control things after that. Shortly after I left I heard it had all been qualmed. Kill-a-keg was around way before that though.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Wine, music, hearty walk in the blizzy. Your usual. Probably smoking butts and stuff too. It did not feel long to us. We looked a bit confused as to why they thought that. I mean, it does take an hour to walk from Celeron to 18C right? Perhaps they were a bit upset we brought back less then we did. :rolleyes: Amd now that I think about it, we were out of booze and my bartender roommate had wine at the bar in our place, which was the impetus to go there. This is what friends and roommates do, right?
Not where I thought we were heading.

Reaction Score
my Brother was there from 92-96 and I was from 99-04 and spring weekend was in full force for both of us. Pretty sure the carriage , celereon , x lot nights were tradition for many many years until it became a point we’re most of the damage was being done by non students and a couple unfortunate deaths put a end to it.
my favorite part was “kegs and eggs” at huskies sat morning
nothing beat that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom