Celeron | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Celeron

Reaction Score
Not where I thought we were heading.
Nope. Just texting my old roommate at the time (not whose wine I drank) and we laughed like it was yesterday.

N.B. I apologize if any Clereonians found a golf ball or two in their wayward way in their courtyard. I, we, I mean, someone I know, may have had some time to kill on a sunny Spring day with a pitching wedge. Yours faithfully, Spring in Storrs.

Reaction Score
my Brother was there from 92-96 and I was from 99-04 and spring weekend was in full force for both of us. Pretty sure the carriage , celereon , x lot nights were tradition for many many years until it became a point we’re most of the damage was being done by non students and a couple unfortunate deaths put a end to it.
my favorite part was “kegs and eggs” at huskies sat morning
nothing beat that
I was there for the UConn kid getting knocked out and dying. 2010 I believe. That, and crummy weather the next two years, along with years of non-UConn-kids trashing the area, were the last nails in that coffin.

Reaction Score
I saw it on a recent comment and looked it up and saw it was an apartment complex close to campus.

Been a long, long time since I was in Storrs.

Is it a noisy (hear everything through the walls)party place, or supervised?
Are the rentals just during school year, or are they yearly?
Do non-students rent there?
Is it in high demand?

Apartments looks a little small , but then again that is par for newer construction.

Is this the gold standard for off campus housing, or are there better ones?

Just trying to catch up on what is going on there.

LOL that’s what Intel named the dumbed down versions of their X586 microprocessor.

Reaction Score
Lived in Wetzel my Junior and Senior years (09-10). I loved it. But I can only imagine how lame Celeron and Carriage are today. Was very happy I went out having real spring weekends.

Reaction Score
I spent a NYE in Celeron in a blizzard. Walked to Carriage House to my place for more wine with my friend. Our girlfriends said we stayed there too long.

Celeron was the nicest place on the block back in my day.
That sounds like an awesome memory. Made feel nastalgic.

Reaction Score
I was there for the UConn kid getting knocked out and dying. 2010 I believe. That, and crummy weather the next two years, along with years of non-UConn-kids trashing the area, were the last nails in that coffin.
I was there at the same time - definition of the last nail. I believe that all went down outside of Sgrt. Peps

Reaction Score
That's when I lived there. Saw the cars get flipped. Got my first taste of pepper spray, even though I wasn't one of those perpetrators. Our apartment window was right above the end of the trail. Would watch 1,000's of people stream in from campus.

I believe it went:

Thurs: Kill-a-keg in Carriage
Fri: X-Lot
Sat: Celeron
I was ‘00-04, it was Kill-A-Keg Thurs at Carriage, Celeron on Friday and Sat was X-Lot after the concert. Great times, pretty dangerous now that I look back on it. Flying bottles, fireworks in the middle of the parking lot, everyone blacked out, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom