Celebrating G-ma Sales | The Boneyard

Celebrating G-ma Sales

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
After the game, UConn handed out a "100" mask to all the players and they all sang happy birthday to Grandma Sales. I thought it was a very nice recognition of the UConn woman's basketball family.

Reaction Score
This is one of the reasons I love Uconn. Their informality and love for each other. Nykesha Sales was an all time great at Uconn and the tribute to her Grandmother at 100 years old was heart warming and a grand gesture. Uconn is the best. GO HUSKIES!!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
133DBB0B-8453-4A1F-8A56-001E733E06E8.jpeg

Reaction Score
I've always thought Nykesha gets less credit than she deserves in discussions of the all time great UConn players. I know, she is hardly forgotten but she played at the beginning of Uconn's emergence as a powerhouse program and most of the greats followed her.

I lived in West Hartford at the time and knew of her Bloomfield High days just from reading about her in the Hartford paper. She was a great shooter at UConn - averaged more than 50 % FG percentage for her career. She was smooth and quick and aggressive, and could light an opponent up. She was Maya light, but not that light. She is still 7th on the all time scoring list. Non-Conn fans would mostly remember her for breaking Bascom's scoring record at a Villanova game while in a boot. She was one point shy and her injury ended her college career so Geno and his good bud Harry Perretta, the Villanova coach, agreed to give Nykesha an uncontested layup to start the game and give Harry's team an uncontested layup so the game really started at 2-2. The press screamed about the integrity of the game but I was ok with it, as was Bascom and the Big East Commissioner.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The national response to this gesture was unbelievable, with all media talk shows weighing in on what had happened. There shouldn't have been, no national record, no conference record, just a UConn record. Before they did it, Geno asked Kerry Bascom (current record holder at the time) what she thought of it and she gave her blessing. It should have not been a national issue, but it was.

Reaction Score
The national response to this gesture was unbelievable, with all media talk shows weighing in on what had happened. There shouldn't have been, no national record, no conference record, just a UConn record. Before they did it, Geno asked Kerry Bascom (current record holder at the time) what she thought of it and she gave her blessing. It should have not been a national issue, but it was.
The only reason it was an issue is because it was UCONN any other team and no one would have paid attention, you just have to love the UCONN haters they never stop!! The fact that they don't just means we are still a very relevant team:):)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom