CD on Post-Game | The Boneyard

CD on Post-Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
  • The team was terrific tonight despite Pacific being over-matched
  • Pressing helped increase the intensity level; bench players increased the intensity level which is what you want to see
  • Brianna Banks was terrific
  • Bria Hartley is happy because she didn't have any turnovers but CD thinks that's because she shot the ball every time she touched it
  • Kaleena is a better basketball player than CD thought; labeled a shooter but can do so much more
  • Kaleena is very physical, doesn't mind physical play which will help her when teams try to play her physically
  • Stanford game will be a good test; the O sisters could get 30 offensive rebounds if their not careful
  • Stanford is a different team than last year particularly at the guard spot which UConn might be able to take advantage of

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
One other thing CD talked about: Kelly's pass to Caroline that had everyone holding their breath. CD said it was a terrible pass and that they remind the players not to make that pass if the player up ahead has moved past the foul line. They call it the Shea Ralph pass because it was that kind of pass that led to Shea's injury as a freshman. I think CD said Nykeesha made the pass to Shea. I think Kelly said something to Caroline about it afterward, hopefully something like: "I promise I'll never do that again."

JS

Reaction Score
One other thing CD talked about: Kelly's pass to Caroline that had everyone holding their breath. CD said it was a terrible pass and that they remind the players not to make that pass if the player up ahead has moved past the foul line. They call it the Shea Ralph pass because it was that kind of pass that led to Shea's injury as a freshman. I think CD said Nykeesha made the pass to Shea. I think Kelly said something to Caroline about it afterward, hopefully something like: "I promise I'll never do that again."
I cringed when I saw it because it reminded me of the long pass that resulted in one of Caroline's prior ACL injuries. As I recall, on that occasion the pass was high and she had to do a hard jump-stop to keep from continuing past the end line.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

For real! I about came out of my chair watching that play: "Can we PLEASE not have any long outlets like that to Caroline?!?!? The kind where she is tempted to lay out and/or take a big leap on the dead run ?!?!? PLEASE?!?!"

Reaction Score
Are Geno's and CD's comments on a video somewhere on the web? If so, please provide the link(s). Thank you!

• The team was terrific tonight despite Pacific being over-matched
  • Pressing helped increase the intensity level; bench players increased the intensity level which is what you want to see
  • Brianna Banks was terrific
  • Bria Hartley is happy because she didn't have any turnovers but CD thinks that's because she shot the ball every time she touched it
  • Kaleena is a better basketball player than CD thought; labeled a shooter but can do so much more
  • Kaleena is very physical, doesn't mind physical play which will help her when teams try to play her physically
  • Stanford game will be a good test; the O sisters could get 30 offensive rebounds if their not careful
  • Stanford is a different team than last year particularly at the guard spot which UConn might be able to take advantage of

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One thing about Kaleena vs Maya. I expect Kaleena to go to the foul line more than Moore. Maya had an almost innate ability to adjust and AVOID contact in the air. Kaleena almost seems to relish it. Free shots!

Reaction Score
One thing about Kaleena vs Maya. I expect Kaleena to go to the foul line more than Moore. Maya had an almost innate ability to adjust and AVOID contact in the air. Kaleena almost seems to relish it. Free shots!
If Kaleena does go to the free throw line it would be in contradiction to her entire history as a basketball player. She has been a player that takes very few FTA. And through 2 games in UConn uniform she has taken the most FGA on the team, while attempting only 1 FTA. That's actually in line with her history. Kaleena's offensive mentality is actually very similar to Maya's in that she is a perfectionist and doesn't put herself in situations where she is playing on the edge of control and creates fouls. She'll improve over her career at getting to the line just as Diana and Maya both did, but she's very unlikely to go to the line regularly the way I have seen some people predict.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
CDs comments are part of WTIC's feeds. I watch hoopstreams and have WTIC on just in case and for half time and post game.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I particularly noted this on her last two shots, she was in a lot of traffic with a lot of contact and still made the shots.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
For real! I about came out of my chair watching that play: "Can we PLEASE not have any long outlets like that to Caroline?!?!? The kind where she is tempted to lay out and/or take a big leap on the dead run ?!?!? PLEASE?!?!"
I agree, that pass scared me. I like the Shea Ralph rule, let's make sure it is followed.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I agree, that pass scared me. I like the Shea Ralph rule, let's make sure it is followed.
And I hope Caroline learns to let passes like that go.... even if it results in a turnover.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Possibly the rule's namesake will take the guards aside in practice tomorrow and reinforce the point.....:mad:

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I cringed when I saw it because it reminded me of the long pass that resulted in one of Caroline's prior ACL injuries. As I recall, on that occasion the pass was high and she had to do a hard jump-stop to keep from continuing past the end line.
Same here. Ironically, had the old uber aggressive Caroline (sans knee brace) been tracking that pass last night, it had deja vu written all over it. As awkwardly as she turned to adjust to the pass and then landed, the brace (fortunately) inhibited her full range of motion. Chalk-up one for the brace.

Reaction Score
Same here. Ironically, had the old uber aggressive Caroline (sans knee brace) been tracking that pass last night, it had deja vu written all over it. As awkwardly as she turned to adjust to the pass and then landed, the brace (fortunately) inhibited her full range of motion. Chalk-up one for the brace.

There may be a few plays during the season where the brace helps her - most likely helping to avoid some sort of sprain or possibly if some out-of-control player falls into the side of her knee. But unfortunately when it comes to female non-contact ACL injuries, at best a brace may prevent about 5% of them.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
There may be a few plays during the season where the brace helps her - most likely helping to avoid some sort of sprain or possibly if some out-of-control player falls into the side of her knee. But unfortunately when it comes to female non-contact ACL injuries, at best a brace may prevent about 5% of them.
Just curious where you came up with that number. I know that women are more prone to acl injuries, but this brace is very unique in that it's build for her specific leg. I'm not saying it will prevent future ACL injuries, but 5% seems fairly arbitrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom