CBS WNBA Mock Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

CBS WNBA Mock Draft

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good luck with that. Realistically, what do you think the chances of the both coming back are? I say 10% X 10% = 1%. But even if each one was 50/50 it would just be 25% for both

Well neither participated in senior day. So that was a positive sign. Both are excellent students who may have a eye towards getting a Masters next season.

Reaction Score
Well neither participated in senior day. So that was a positive sign. Both are excellent students who may have a eye towards getting a Masters next season.
Yup. Masters. That's what the BY'ers said about Tuck.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Moving target? She only played 2 years. She was productive as a rookie. It wasn't lack of athleticism (your original premise), it was injuries that ended her career. Even if she averaged less pts/game than the ROY the year before and the year after her, scoring 15/game is a significant contribution in the WNBA. Don't see how you can possibly try to spin that otherwise. Maybe you could just admit you were wrong when you said Stiles wasn't athletic enough to make it in the WNBA.
Maybe you could just admit that I'm as entitled to my opinion on a subjective premise as you are to yours and stop trying to prove I'm wrong?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken. A player has to be 22 before entering the draft. Russell won't be 22 intill after the draft.

Reaction Score
I believe she (Russell) will get her degree this spring. I've read that she will be draft eligible this year.

Reaction Score
I thought if you were 22 the year of the draft, you could come out. I may be wrong.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
YW.

That's how Jewell Loyd was able to go out after her junior year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken. A player has to be 22 before entering the draft. Russell won't be 22 intill after the draft.
The rule is 22 or you have spent four years enrolled at one or more universities (the class you enter with is graduating - so any red shirt or transfer player who sat out a year is eligible after their third year of eligibility.)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The rule is 22 or you have spent four years enrolled at one or more universities (the class you enter with is graduating - so any red shirt or transfer player who sat out a year is eligible after their third year of eligibility.)
Thanks.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
The consensus among a lot of WNBA folks is that both DeShields and Russell received bad coaching during their college careers and could do well in the right WNBA systems. DeShields almost certainly comes out. Russell is 50 – 50, but I won't be surprised if she does and goes in the first five picks. A lot of teams would be happy to take a 6”6” player that needs some better coaching.

If I was the Stars, I think I might try to make a deal with Seattle to send Plum their way in exchange for a pile of players or next year's picks and then another deal with the Mystics to give them Walker-Kimbrough. I doubt if the Sky would make such a deal... but maybe.

I don't see Coates going at three. And I have to admit I didn't see much of Nia Coffey this season.

Overall, I agree that the draft is thin, very thin if certain players don't elect to come out. But there is probably a gem or two in the lower first round, there almost always is.

Reaction Score
It wasn't an anomaly, that's the WNBA rule. A player that is 22 years old prior to the start of the WNBA season is eligible for the draft in that season. Lloyd met the criteria, just like Amanda Zahui B from Minnesota. While Lloyd had nothing left to prove in college, Zahui B should have stayed in school, as every analyst with a brain said she should.

That's not a proper statement of the rule. You just have to be 22 anytime during the year of the draft, not necessarily 22 years old before the draft.

As far as Zahui goes, she just got drafted by the wrong team. Dallas is inept at player development

Reaction Score
I haven't seen much of Osahor, but I can't imagine why the pros would want her. She has size, bulk, and apparently, good hands. But she's about as mobile as a zombie. I have to believe the pro game is too fast for her.

McCarville was the #1 pick. Was the pro game too fast for her? I could see Osahor as a nice role player

Reaction Score
I get why Loyd was able to leave. My point is she did leave. Piph left for Europe before she was 22. Not what I'm interested in. My question is who (besides Monique Currie) stayed? Does that really happen much? Does anyone who's WNBA-ready really stay? (Particularly redshirts with degrees - not "early 22" juniors who don't graduate)
Brittany Sykes

Reaction Score
OK. About where do you think she would have gone in the draft if she had come out after her junior year?
CBS projects her as #7 this year ... so I would guess a 10 or a little lower last year's stronger class. Sykes has WNBA game ..... she will be a real good get for any team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who are the realistic first round WNBA-eligible propects who actually did come back for a final NCAA year??

Well Lexie Brown is coming back..... I checked the Duke Twitter Feed.... and she just got accepted into Duke's Fuqua School

dance.gif

Now just waiting for Greenwell to announce something

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom