CBI | The Boneyard

CBI

Reaction Score
With the NIT now being officially out of the question (getting to AAC final and losing would put us 16-17) do we consider a CBI bid?

I know this is a depressing and gross question but for a young team the more experience the better, especially in tournament formats.

P5/AAC teams have played in it. Tulsa, VCU, Oregon, Pitt, and Oregon St have all won it.

Could build momentum, VCU went from CBI champ to the Final Four in the next year. Pitt and Nevada both went from CBI champs to the NCAAT in the following year.

Reaction Score
The season is now about getting more reps for the guys who will be here going forward. The more, the better. In two years, no one remembers Uconn's CBI trip if they are back in the second weekend of the NCAA tourney.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
With the NIT now being officially out of the question (getting to AAC final and losing would put us 16-17) do we consider a CBI bid?

I know this is a depressing and gross question but for a young team the more experience the better, especially in tournament formats.

P5/AAC teams have played in it. Tulsa, VCU, Oregon, Pitt, and Oregon St have all won it.

Could build momentum, VCU went from CBI champ to the Final Four in the next year. Pitt and Nevada both went from CBI champs to the NCAAT in the following year.
The major factor for me would be how exhausted the players are from this season. No need for another injury. That would outweigh experience the younger players could get from additional games.

Let's see what happens in the tournament. If Steve and Juwan look like extra playing time will help and Jalen, Vance and Christian are fully recovered and have some step to their game than I would hope they go to get more experience.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
jim mora.jpg

Reaction Score
This season can't end soon enough. We need to move on to next year and get the players that are coming back to get in early this summer and bust ass.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Read somewhere that you have to pay to participate in the CBI. I think at this point we just call it a season, let our guys get some rest and head to the off season.

I don't mean to come off arrogant - especially after our season - but the CBI is really beneath us as a program.

Reaction Score
It's utterly embarrassing for a program of our stature, but I think it couldn't hurt to get guys like Enoch, Durham, Vital, Vance, and Adams a few more games together. Assuming everyone is up for it, health-wise and mentally, of course.

Reaction Score
Has there been a team to win the NCAA, NIT, and CBI? As much As I can't wait for next season I love UConn basketball so any games are cool by me. But maybe AB, RP, and KF want time off to prepare for the draft.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
We can't send 7 players (three playing hurt)
To the CBI to get blowned out by Devry.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The NIT should be the floor for postseason play. It has historical significance, and there are usually enough middle-of-the-pack P5/A10 teams to give you a decent game. The CBI and CIT offer none of that.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Maybe they can play in a post-season Connect 4 Tournament. I hear Bob Jones University has a guy who can really tear it up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pitt is very, very proud of the 2012 CBI championship banner that hangs in their rafters. By itself. All alone. With nothing around it. Alone.

Biggest name in the CBI last year was probably Nevada. UConn's not picking up the phone for that call.

Reaction Score
Has there been a team to win the NCAA, NIT, and CBI? As much As I can't wait for next season I love UConn basketball so any games are cool by me. But maybe AB, RP, and KF want time off to prepare for the draft.

Okay so just had to say that last sentence made me spit out my drink laughing. All 3 are D-Leaguers or Euros at best. Maybe KF can get a call up with a 10 day contract but no way are they going to get drafted. Hope I'm wrong but just don't see it, especially this year.

On the CBI, no. Not worth it. Guys that need extra reps can get it in other ways.

Reaction Score
If financially it makes any sense I say do it. Even the CBI has helped prepare teams for the following year. All the game time possible is good for the young guys and I'm sure they'd like to win something.

Reaction Score
Okay so just had to say that last sentence made me spit out my drink laughing. All 3 are D-Leaguers or Euros at best. Maybe KF can get a call up with a 10 day contract but no way are they going to get drafted. Hope I'm wrong but just don't see it, especially this year.

On the CBI, no. Not worth it. Guys that need extra reps can get it in other ways.
Ok I shoulda used this :rolleyes::rolleyes:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You guys ever heard of a school called Robert Morris before 2013?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Play in the CBI or any other possible tournament. Enoch, Durham, Jackson, Vital & Jalen need as many reps as possible and the game is the best teacher.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's utterly embarrassing for a program of our stature, but I think it couldn't hurt to get guys like Enoch, Durham, Vital, Vance, and Adams a few more games together. Assuming everyone is up for it, health-wise and mentally, of course.

Your optimism is adorable.

Reaction Score
Honestly, what types of teams would they be playing and would it really matter or help? Seems like a waste of time for the Seniors. All 3 will likey play overseas somewhere so why risk an injury.

The major factor for me would be how exhausted the players are from this season. No need for another injury. That would outweigh experience the younger players could get from additional games.

Let's see what happens in the tournament. If Steve and Juwan look like extra playing time will help and Jalen, Vance and Christian are fully recovered and have some step to their game than I would hope they go to get more experience.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'd be happy if we played in the CBI or CIT and we only played younger players and they were motivated to win it. I would not be happy if we decided to do it without consulting the team to see if it was something they wanted to do or not first and we go out unmotivated and lose to Houston Baptist at Gampel. Basically if the team wants to play, lets do it.

Edit-- I'd be interested in making this thread into a poll and seeing the percentages.

Reaction Score
I think if you have an opportunity to play more games, health isn't an issue and the team is motivated you take it.

Reaction Score

Nope. No way, no how.
Too many banged up players. The ones who aren't banged up are used up.
Your thoughts on getting the young players more seasoning don't hold water, IMO. The young uns have been playing 20, 25, and 30 minutes a game.
Hopefully we beat USF. Then we have a game vs Houston. That's 2 tournament style games of experience. Frankly, the last dozen games of the season have more or less been "must win" games.
Plus, not to be a snob, but we won a NC just a few years ago. Appearing in the CBI is beneath us. Jesus, I sound like a snob.

When is opening day?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom