Cavaliers vs Orange | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cavaliers vs Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It sucks but it is what it is the aren't us but they are a great program both our programs are great.

Reaction Score
Cavs choked. Gonna hold my nose and cheer for UNC. Two of the most cheating programs in college basketball between Cuse and UNC.

How the hell did Cave lose that game?

Reaction Score
I don't care. They are in the Final 4. That is an absolute disgrace.
Championships are what matters. Only Cuse fans count final fours. And they'd have to go through UNC and probably Oklahoma to win.

I still like the odds of them losing.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Dual championships for Syracuse this year. Ban @August_West
Don't blame me. Blame turkey. When Syracuse beat us on thanksgiving it should have been clear to all. Turkey=bad. All of UConn nation should have sworn off Turkey for the remainder of the season. You all didn't, we're out, they're in. I mean this obvious fact is beating you all over the head but it's easier to make me the patsy. That's taking escalators, not stairs and we are paying the ultimate price.

Reaction Score
Good for cuse pulling it out...they had a cake walk until Virginia but they took the game from virginia...all I can hope for now is notre dame to win and then Oklahoma to take the chip...can't believe Virginia just got out coached by that guy

Reaction Score
Hope we beat the crap outta VA and Cuse in football next year just on principle.

VA deserves this for blowing that lead. Cuse goes to full court press and VA goes into the fetal position. Choke artists.

Reaction Score
Hope we beat the crap outta VA and Cuse next year just on principle.

VA deserves this for blowing that lead. Cuse goes to full court press and VA goes into the fetal position. Choke artists.

I can't believe a #1 seed could be that bad against the press.

Reaction Score
This tournament has taught me that we just need to press more. I've never seen so many teams just absolutely have no idea what to do with a press. Here I was thinking it was just Uconn. Basically most teams don't have 5 good offensive players, so it's okay if they break it and have a 2 on 1 because there is a good chance they just pull it back and set up the offense or screw up the close shot.
We actually look pretty good against the press compared to some of these teams, the incompetence and choking in this tournament is unlike anything I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Virginia choked simple as that they took Brogdon out of the game and then Syracuse went into that press and they didn't have the ballhandlers to deal with it and they allowed Syracuse to speed them up and they took quick shots which appeared to be open and if they missed the lay up it sparked a fast break before Virginia had a chance to set up their defense and by the time they recovered it was too late and Syracuse had momentum and Virginia was rattled. They should have slowed it down and run their offense when they got past the press at least they could've burned time and set up their defense which they couldn't score on when it was set up.

Reaction Score
I think Brogdon just missed again.

Next time, you peeps gotta listen to me. A pedestrian one seed with a lot of pressure and vulnerabilites against a team with nothing to lose and suddenly riding some confidence is a combustible mix. We saw it ourselves 10 years ago. We saw it with Davidaon-Kansas, with VCU-Kansas. The plucky, gritty underdog has a chance when they get this far unless the high seed is just too damn good to be beaten by a lesser team. Virginia is clearly not UConn '04.

Now we probably are in a position of having to hope North Carolina beats ND and plays the role of Florida '06 in the semis -- which would otherwise known as the Academic Fraud Classic. Makes me feel dirty just thinking about it.

Reaction Score
Syracuse a rather mundane offense scored 47 points on them in the second half
I admit to being right for 30 minutes of the game - I thought Virginia would abuse them and they did.
I still can't believe the last final 9 minutes though..so kudos to gurley

Reaction Score
Syracuse a rather mundane offense scored 47 points on them in the second half
I admit to being right for 30 minutes of the game - I thought Virginia would abuse them and they did.
I still can't believe the last final 9 minutes though..so kudos to gurley

I really was hoping to be the one giving you the kudos. I wanted to be wrong. I just feared this one since I wasn't sold on Virginia. I'd have felt more comfortable with Michigan State due to the mix of Vakentine and their ability to crash the boards. Izzo chunked away the MTSU game by not adjusting defensively.

Virginia - like Gonzaga - even had a guy shooting the lights out of the gym and coulsnt take advantage.

Reaction Score
Hope we beat the crap outta VA and Cuse in football next year just on principle.

and run up the score if possible

Reaction Score
We actually look pretty good against the press compared to some of these teams, the incompetence and choking in this tournament is unlike anything I've ever seen.

To be fair with respect to the press, the choking sound in the ND v. Wisconsin game was primarily from the refs swallowing their whistles.

Reaction Score
Don't blame me. Blame turkey. When Syracuse beat us on thanksgiving it should have been clear to all. Turkey=bad. All of UConn nation should have sworn off Turkey for the remainder of the season. You all didn't, we're out, they're in. I mean this obvious fact is beating you all over the head but it's easier to make me the patsy. That's taking escalators, not stairs and we are paying the ultimate price.

Why, you, son of a b----.

7e221a7e72b9e0159d335696e1ea1a52345bb912f2db025e97f378f7019438a7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member