Cavaliers vs Orange | The Boneyard

Cavaliers vs Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Think there's a chance Tony Bennett has had communication with Jim Calhoun about how to solve the Orange zone at all? I know JC's teams had success and also hearing them talk with each other on the Mike and Mike show this past week, they seem to get along real well.

TB will have a great game plan attacking their zone so if the players perform UV will be heading to Texas as their defense locks Obinouje and Cooney down.

I don't think either game today is all that exciting by the last 10 minutes, but could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Orange finally have to face a good team in this tourney. Let's see what they're all about. Get your T-shirts now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Have to say, I thought Gbinije was a nice piece, but not a kid whose history or game to date suggested stardom, while Lydon wouldn't be a big contributor until next year. But those two guys are carrying Cuse. They'll lose Gbinije after this year, but Lydon is going to keep them competitive for awhile.

Reaction Score
Our offense is pretty good against the zone, but cuse zone is always tough. Got to get perrantes, brogdon and hall hitting threes early to space out then let gill and tobey take over down low.

Brogdon will probably be on gbinje, and if he can shut him down like he did to Morris on ISU we should be in real good shape

We're prone to long offensive droughts so got to lock down on D and make sure they don't let Cooney start nailing a bunch of 3s

Go HOOS!

Reaction Score
Have to say, I thought Gbinije was a nice piece, but not a kid whose history or game to date suggested stardom, while Lydon wouldn't be a big contributor until next year. But those two guys are carrying Cuse. They'll lose Gbinije after this year, but Lydon is going to keep them competitive for awhile.

Cooney gone too? Malachi seems to be getting better and has real nice potential.

Reaction Score
Think there's a chance Tony Bennett has had communication with Jim Calhoun about how to solve the Orange zone at all? I know JC's teams had success and also hearing them talk with each other on the Mike and Mike show this past week, they seem to get along real well.

TB will have a great game plan attacking their zone so if the players perform UV will be heading to Texas as their defense locks Obinouje and Cooney down.

I don't think either game today is all that exciting by the last 10 minutes, but could be wrong.
At first when I saw this thread I thought it was AW proposing a game between the Orange and Cleveland once Syracuse wins the tournament.
Now regarding A conversation with JC. Bennett has played SU enough recently. And when he's not doing duets with Lady Gaga Tony Bennett does a really good job coaching. I think he'll have a sound game plan.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If this was 2006 I'd definitely be stressing over Syracuse's joke of a path to the Elite 8, but 3 championships later I really don't care anymore. I hope they lose but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. They are just at this point so far beneath us as a program in terms of legacy and postseason success that I actually enjoy watching them get their hopes up thinking they are like 2014 UConn in that they may win it following a ban with a low seed. It'll all be so much more satisfying when they inevitably fall short.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
At first when I saw this thread I thought it was AW proposing a game between the Orange and Cleveland once Syracuse wins the tournament.
Now regarding A conversation with JC. Bennett has played SU enough recently. And when he's not doing duets with Lady Gaga Tony Bennett does a really good job coaching. I think he'll have a sound game plan.

At this point I'd expect Stephen Curry to shoot 2-18 against this juggernaut 2-3 zone.

Reaction Score
Syracuse has yet to score against Virginia's set defense (unless you count second chance points).

Virginia isn't losing this game. People discount them because they don't have any sexy players, but they play championship level defense and they are going to break a pretty ordinary Syracuse offense.

Reaction Score
Hey Virginia, feel free to not play like total at any time.

Reaction Score
And the Syracuse women are heading to the Final 4!

Gulp. You know it's coming.
Who cares? I guess it could be fun to watch UConn beat them by 60 in the title game.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm actually rooting HARD for the Syracuse women to win their FF game vs UW. It would be a public humiliation.

Reaction Score
Syracuse might want to run London Perrentes off the three point line, he's made 5 of them from the exact same spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom