Casuals. A message for you. | The Boneyard

Casuals. A message for you.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’m happy for @temery and board traffic, and hopefully a bunch click on @Huuuusky

And help us all with NIL

By the way, huuuusky is as big a fan as there is. Not a casual. I don’t know him personally but I have been his awesome parents guest at games numerous times through 3 coaches while he was pretty damn far from Gampel. This is the right guy spearheading the right movement at the right time.

That is all.

In May I will turn into my usual pumpkin and yell at you all. Right now I’m sedated with the opiate glow of #5. If you would like to avoid my future ire, I suggest we all make a donation at any amount and if you put “boneyard” in the form and confirm it in this thread I promise you get a pass from me berating you for all of next season. I will sing your praises and agree with everything you post.

Alternatively, I recognize a segment of society leans masochistic and hasn’t had the chance to be berated by me. It’s not likely, usually, but there are so many new names here that it’s entirely possible. Well if that’s the case. Make a donation with “boneyard” in the form and post “ roast me Adub” in this thread. I’ll fulfill that wish for you. My pleasure.

You want that 2G we are all salivating over? How about keeping another we all wish for? Get it done.

Let’s go Huskies!

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I’m happy for @temery and board traffic, and hopefully a bunch click on @Huuuusky

And help us all with NIL

By the way, huuuusky is as big a fan as there is. Not a casual. I don’t know him personally but I have been his awesome parents guest at games numerous times through 3 coaches while he was pretty damn far from Gampel. This is the right guy spearheading the right movement at the right time.

That is all.

In May I will turn into my usual pumpkin and yell at you all. Right now I’m sedated with the opiate glow of #5. If you would like to avoid my future ire, I suggest we all make a donation at any amount and if you put “boneyard” in the form and confirm it in this thread I promise you get a pass from me berating you for all of next season. I will sing your praises and agree with everything you post.

Alternatively, I recognize a segment of society leans masochistic and hasn’t had the chance to be berated by me. It’s not likely, usually, but there are so many new names here that it’s entirely possible. Well if that’s the case. Make a donation with “boneyard” in the form and post “ roast me Adub” in this thread. I’ll fulfill that wish for you. My pleasure.

You want that 2G we are all salivating over? How about keeping another we all wish for? Get it done.

Let’s go Huskies!
Your words moved me to donate to this excellent cause. Things like this make me love the Boneyard and this duck___ed up family of UConn fans.

While I typically filter my posts with the express purpose of avoiding the ire of Adub, things have been going a little too well lately and I could use a dressing down by the best in the biz. So Adub, I humbly ask that you roast the ever living shartt out of me (like the Slow Roasted Beef available at your local Arby’s!).

Let’s. Go. Huskies.

August_West

Reaction Score
Your words moved me to donate to this excellent cause. Things like this make me love the Boneyard and this duck___ed up family of UConn fans.

While I typically filter my posts with the express purpose of avoiding the ire of Adub, things have been going a little too well lately and I could use a dressing down by the best in the biz. So Adub, I humbly ask that you roast the ever living shartt out of me (like the Slow Roasted Beef available at your local Arby’s!).

Let’s. Go. Huskies.
This is a tough one because I recognize you and like your stuff normally . But I got some for you, because your dad is spending your inheritance on lottery tickets and we are just scratching the surface. Give me time.

August_West

Reaction Score
Donated and forgot to find the comment field to enter "Boneyard"
That’s not surprising. But thank you. :) Well done. I love your content.

Reaction Score
20220924_151839.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we donated before this thread came up can we berate you anti math nerd?

Also maybe a few people can donate to The Boneyard.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball. They couldn’t have done it without fans like you.
Thanks it’s been more of a passion than interest going on 53 years of emotional attachment. When I lived in Chicago, back during the first years of DirecTV, I would climb on my roof to clean the satellite dish, at great peril, when it had snow or ice on it so I could watch the game. Before that my best friend would clip articles from the local papers and mail them to me. Tape the games on VHS tapes and mail with the clippings. I moved out of state right after the dream season. I knew we were building something special. The year we won the NIT we beat Syracuse for the first time. I had never prayed before that game but asked God for just one favor. Please let us win this game. I have young boys 14 and 8 and my wife played high school bb for Bristol Eastern. Myself I played against Corny in high school. Now my boys even though they are growing up in FL will always be UConn fans. And yes I am pretty old to have a 14 and 8 year old but my wife is much younger:)

August_West

Reaction Score

I’ll allow it. For rest of month. After may 1st have at it but proceed with caution.

So yeah give it to me

August_West

Reaction Score

Tom would tell you ( I think, I can’t speak for him.) to go bleedblue right now.

BY server costs are always important, but I think I paid the bills this year clicking on the ads for Eastern European wives.

Reaction Score

And help us all with NIL

That is all.

Let’s go Huskies!
So.. I have had a problem with the term "casuals" since I came on the Yard as a Covid hobby in 2020.. Is casual time on the Yard? Is casual X's and O's skill set??And not having that?? Is casual how many years you've been a fan? Is casual how critical and cynical you can be? Is casual using a sense of humor ??Or not? Is someone not casual because they can(or cannot) GIF or cut and paste a quote/news clip from public /social media and represent it to be their own deal??

I have a professional designation in Charitable Planning.. I am all in about promoting/financing worthy causes.. Like UConn oriented causes.. I'm not casual. Even if your definition of casual doesn't fit me.

Please don't bust my stones because the Yard definition of casuals is what it is ..

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
One more thing done (yeah, "Boneyard"), as I continue to resist stepping into to 2 storage spaces to load the car with household items to go to Louisville with me.

Driving off in the morning after meeting a pal at Coffee An' in Westport.

During my CT week, I spent time with key family and super-select friends (hey they provided beds & such); enjoyed art by biking to Colorblends and checking out the CT Handweavers Guild show at Farmington Valley Arts Center en route to visit my dad's grave to talk about #5 (he died during KEA's 1st semester); went to Park City Music Hall's Jeff Beck Tribute last night after a Frito Pie burger & a Michter's bourbon across the street at Road Runner (source of the coasters); walked St Mary's by the Sea a couple times, and Silver Sands barefoot at low tide this afternoon; fed my Bridgeport hosts a variety of surprisingly tasty Commerce Drive Pepe's pizzas after flinching on trying nearby Sally's; read "One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish" to a 6-month old great nephew; got my teeth cleaned at the dentist today and my oil changed at the dealer on Monday; and got a better sense of the year ahead as more 'out of CT' than 'into KY' ("Start low, go slow").

Cincinnati's Jungle Jim's Intl Grocery on the trip here, and Taft Museum on the return (Memories & Inspiration | Coming Soon!), with Audubon Park's Dogwood Festival on Saturday, Taco Week starting on Monday, and everything about the Kentucky Derby Festival ramping up for the next couple weeks.

I figure to be back in the Nutmeg State next month, and, yeah, I'm still loving the NC afterglow, not posting a whole lot. Too much else going on.

Screenshot_20230413-200051.png

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
So.. I have had a problem with the term "casuals" since I came on the Yard as a Covid hobby in 2020.. Is casual time on the Yard? Is casual X's and O's skill set??And not having that?? Is casual how many years you've been a fan? Is casual how critical and cynical you can be? Is casual using a sense of humor ??Or not? Is someone not casual because they can(or cannot) GIF or cut and paste a quote/news clip from public /social media and represent it to be their own deal??

I have a professional designation in Charitable Planning.. I am all in about promoting/financing worthy causes.. Like UConn oriented causes.. I'm not casual. Even if your definition of casual doesn't fit me.

Please don't bust my stones because the Yard definition of casuals is what it is ..
We are all the same. UConn fans!

Bleedblue! Call me a casual all next season! Click link!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom