Casual Fan Reprimand | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Casual Fan Reprimand

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Need to refocus you on actually solving real problems - you must have been hanging around the state capital the last two decades.

That was humor, which flies over your head, as per usual. When you purport to be the biggest UConn fan and insider on the planet, and disparage most others here in attention whore fashion as somehow lesser UConn fans than you are, you beg to be made fun of.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Chief, have a beverage with uconnphil. Nothing wrong with having a casual beer with another BYer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Trying to guilt people in to going ain't gonna work. It's on Edsall and Lashlee and Crocker to build some excitement and it's going to take a long time and some consistency to turn it around. We didn't get here in a day, it took 6 years to sink this low... win, be exciting, sprinkle in interesting OOC games, and do it consistently over time... that's when casual fans will feel compelled to come back.
I liked this but I think it can happen quicker than you'd expect. We've got an O and D both geared up to make big plays. That means exciting football with plenty of highlights. This team is designed to be "casual fan" friendly.

Last edited:

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
People in CT have a propensity to get fixated on trivial minor issues and not address structural issues - which may create disruption to solve - yet it's so necessary.

Being right or wrong about a time zone or game time two years ago occupies your time rather than fixing a problem that is digging a huge hole for UConn Athletics. Chief deals with the tough issues head-on.

I'm confused.

Is the problem people don't know what time the game starts in their timezone or they don't know what state the game is being played in?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I got a block of 100 tickets several years ago - donated by UConn to a city rec program. If the tickets are free and maybe deeply discounted - the NCAA views as a benefit - for HS kids who could be theoretically recruited - hence you need to certify they are not of HS age.

I think I can handle the logistics for this. You keep dealing with the tough issues head on.

upload_2017-8-31_12-56-10.png

C

Chief00

God bless you for doing that. UConn though will work with you - especially for blocks of tickets for inner city kids, assuming they are under HS age and you are willing to do the paperwork and take responsibility.

C

Chief00

Chief, have a beverage with uconnphil. Nothing wrong with having a casual beer with another BYer.

I would but having some college kids at tailgate so it will be non alcohol tonight - UConnPhil is one of my favorite posters so I will take a rain check. Doing my part tonight. I got a list of things to do last weekend! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

That was humor, which flies over your head, as per usual. When you purport to be the biggest UConn fan and insider on the planet, and disparage most others here in attention whore fashion as somehow lesser UConn fans than you are, you beg to be made fun of.

If you are not a casual fan being reprimanded - this thread still applies - time to influence others - not coerce but gently encourage friends to step up. It would be nice if this isn't necessary but it is.

Note KO's post today on social media - we need to fill the Rent! Not just for football but for basketball recruiting and conference upgrade. I am just saying the facts - we all need to make this happen.

C

Chief00

Many years ago the Giants always played one preseason exhibition game at the Yale Bowl. My dad and I always attended that game. My sister was planning a big wedding one year, and then abruptly announced she had decided to elope. Of course, being totally oblivious to sports calendars, she picked the day of the Giants - Vikings game to get married by a JP in New Hampshire. Of course, we went ahead and attended the Giants game.

When my oldest nephew was being christened, the 1999 Final Four was taking place in Tampa/St. Pete. Guess where my son and I were? My family understands that there's UConn, and them, in that order. They accept things as they are and always will be.

Beautiful post - I am going to talk to Benedict about a fan hall of fame - stories like this will inspire others - Kudos

C

Chief00

Y
I'm confused.

Is the problem people don't know what time the game starts in their timezone or they don't know what state the game is being played in?
None of that matters - don't fall prey to the CT pastime of distraction from solving real problems - get your butt to The Rent tonight!

C

Chief00

Nothing makes my casual fan friends want to go to games more than being reprimanded for scheduling vacation with their families.
There's 6 home games a year - and maybe 18 MBB home games - plenty of other time to spend with your family until they are sick of you!
In fact, my kids often go with me - bring them up from a young age like that - and stop making excuses.

C

Chief00

In all seriousness though, Chief is not wrong. If we want UConn athletics to close the money gap between us and the P5 with the big east money drying up, we need to sell tickets. Most importantly, we need to sell football tickets. If we pack the Rent, it will only help the university and the team. Recruits want full stadiums, and the University needs the gate - bottom line
Excellent post!

C

Chief00

Bonehead will be attending and all 8 season tickets will be used.
Bonehead also bought 4 others as Boneheads kids and friends wanted to come.
Bonehead didnt need to reprimand or guilt his children or their friends into going to the game.

#SuperCasualFansSection130

Great job! Good example to others.

Reaction Score
If you talk about yourself in the third person one more time, I will hunt you down and multiple "Fishy throat punches" are probable.

That would make Jimmy (me) very happy. :rolleyes:
Classic. LOL

C

Chief00

I hope they can tell time better than you.

Stay focus on the key issues. Psychologically, mastering trivia may make you feel superior for your self esteem and that's fine - but we've have a big attendance problem that we all need to work toward solving.

C

Chief00

This has been a very disruptive, off the rails but ultimately productive thread. Thanks for all who participated. Some of the stories of personal prioritization of UConn games were truly heart warming. Nothing like a personal story to drive the issue home in the emotional IQ. The long drives to games and skipping family weddings etc were really great stories of sacrifice for UConn Nation.

Now onto the game and wishing Randy the best. Also a shoutout to Coach Chill - reel the tuna in!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think this means Chief is signing off. Chief is now preparing to attend this evening's game. Chief may make himself available for more interaction later with The Boneyard. Chief thanks his fans for their support and encourages them to make their way to the game at this time and bring a friend. Chief out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom