Casual Fan Reprimand | The Boneyard

Casual Fan Reprimand

C

Chief00

Contrary to what some may post, Chief has always been a strong supporter of the Casual Fan. I have consistently said UConn needs them and UConn Nation welcomes them with open arms. If they are really there for the tailgate, marching band at halftime or because they like to socialize - that's ok.

Where Chief draws the line is when they don't show at all. According to The Courant, UConn has only sold 21,000 tickets and that includes the casual fans who get season tickets but did not appropriately plan their vacation.

Quite frankly, I have 2 in my group that fall in that category. As a program, we can NOT accomplish our goals with fans who lack a minimal threshold of awareness not to schedule vacation or other activity on the 6 home games of the year.

We need to do better! Casual Fans deserve our love and support but sometimes we just got to quite frankly tell them - get your act together! The coaches and players deserve better than that level of commitment.

Reaction Score
021.jpg

Reaction Score
my goD i dOn't think yoU Could be a bigger *ssHat if you triEd.

Reaction Score
Where did you get the 21,000 figure from? Is that season tickets sold or total tickets for the Holy Cross game?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Okay, at some point he needs a warning or something. I've been given a warning for "drive by negativity," whatever that means. Yet this dude posts his own thread ripping on everyone, and has ruined too many threads to count with his other BS bunky/causal fan nonsense. I'm not for banning anyone, but someone should at least stop him from derailing future threads that aren't his own.

Reaction Score
Probly not selling because no one wants bring spend $15 and have to spend another $5 for processing fees and $2 for tax for the cheapest tickets in the house.... plus parking $10.

Cincinatti is paying $5 in their nosebleeds for a home opener. I say u try rolling the dice on the big games like USF, Missouri, or Memphis and see who bites. Then again what do I know I'm just another broke guy scrounging up his left over cash to catch a GOT-DANG GAME!

Reaction Score
Okay, at some point he needs a warning or something. I've been given a warning for "drive by negativity," whatever that means. Yet this dude posts his own thread ripping on everyone, and has ruined too many threads to count with his other BS bunky/causal fan nonsense. I'm not for banning anyone, but someone should at least stop him from derailing future threads that aren't his own.

The problem is he doesn't really exist. He is a bot program developed by Syracuse and PC grads to drive the BB board nuts.

Unfortunately he sometimes gets lost and wanders over here.

Reaction Score
Probly not selling because no one wants bring spend $15 and have to spend another $5 for processing fees and $2 for tax for the cheapest tickets in the house.... plus parking $10.

Cincinatti is paying $5 in their nosebleeds for a home opener. I say u try rolling the dice on the big games like USF, Missouri, or Memphis and see who bites. Then again what do I know I'm just another broke guy scrounging up his left over cash to catch a GOT-DANG GAME!
That's pretty much the situation I'm in... Plus having to deal with the headache of getting out of work early to make the trek from Fairfield County. Got a 3-pack this year plus BC. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That's pretty much the situation I'm in... Plus having to deal with the headache of getting out of work early to make the trek from Fairfield County. Got a 3-pack this year plus BC. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

I'm back on board after a two year hiatus. Will be trekking from the very bottom of FF County and it wont be fun. Leaving work a bit early - relying on my seniority and all those years of extra effort! What should be a 1:15 drive will probably be 2hrs.

C

Chief00

Where did you get the 21,000 figure from? Is that season tickets sold or total tickets for the Holy Cross game?
Cross game per Courant. Season tickets around 16k. Not pretty.

C

Chief00

Consider it a motivational post. It's not negative.

C

Chief00

If you talk about yourself in the third person one more time, I will hunt you down and multiple "Fishy throat punches" are probable.

That would make Jimmy (me) very happy. :rolleyes:

I can be a bad dude - you probably don't want to try that.

Reaction Score
By definition, doesn't a casual fan NOT plan their vacation around a game? Esp holy cross on a thurs night before a holiday w/e? Isn't that what makes them casual in the first place?

Contrary to what some may post, Chief has always been a strong supporter of the Casual Fan. I have consistently said UConn needs them and UConn Nation welcomes them with open arms. If they are really there for the tailgate, marching band at halftime or because they like to socialize - that's ok.

Where Chief draws the line is when they don't show at all. According to The Courant, UConn has only sold 21,000 tickets and that includes the casual fans who get season tickets but did not appropriately plan their vacation.

Quite frankly, I have 2 in my group that fall in that category. As a program, we can NOT accomplish our goals with fans who lack a minimal threshold of awareness not to schedule vacation or other activity on the 6 home games of the year.

We need to do better! Casual Fans deserve our love and support but sometimes we just got to quite frankly tell them - get your act together! The coaches and players deserve better than that level of commitment.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Consider it a motivational post. It's not negative.
Honestly TLDR but my point stands. Please stop taking threads off the rails, even if you think it's contributing.

C

Chief00

By definition, doesn't a casual fan NOT plan their vacation around a game? Esp holy cross on a thurs night before a holiday w/e? Isn't that what makes them casual in the first place?

Fair question. The jest of my post is that I have cut the casual fans a lot of slack - been very supportive and welcoming - while holding them to fairly low expectations. But, given the situation - they need to step up and at least attend the games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom