Castle reminds me of Marcus Smart | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Castle reminds me of Marcus Smart

Reaction Score
The point is Butler was always an elite mod-range shooter.
Stats go almost far enough back these days.

At Marquette:
His freshman year wasn't tracked.
His sophomore year he shot 33/105 on "Far 2s", which is 31.4%.
His junior year he shot 61/166 on "Far 2s", 36.7%.

Far 2s include anything that isn't a layup, dunk, or tip.

He got to be really good around his 4th year in the NBA.

Castle his freshman year was 23-66, 34.8%. Not great, but nothing to say he can't follow Butler's track.

Reaction Score
Not great, but nothing to say he can't follow Butler's track.

Except no team is going to have him develop it. But point taken!

If he can develop into Butler with a bag from 3, he's all All-Star.

Reaction Score
A rich man’s Marcus Smart is very good player which I think he can be. I think his lead guard/combo guard ability is underrated because of the role he played here. His game at Baylor or Kentucky would had people drooling.

A lot of projections have him going to charlotte, which UConn has bad history with lol ,but it’s a new ownership and his fit in the lineup is damn near perfect. I think he is the leader charlotte needs on top of his all round game and ability.

Reaction Score
I think the comps are actually pretty good- not sure what you are looking for in a comp- lol….
Uhh players that actually compare … smart ? Butler? Like really those are trash comps not even close

Reaction Score
His ceiling is way way higher with an offensive game. I won’t say his name, but what iconic face comes to mind when you think of a player who is an equal defensive and offensive dog type mentality??? And the kid has that player’s mentality too. He is that big an upside with an offensive game.

Reaction Score
A rich man’s Marcus Smart is very good player which I think he can be. I think his lead guard/combo guard ability is underrated because of the role he played here. His game at Baylor or Kentucky would had people drooling.

A lot of projections have him going to charlotte, which UConn has bad history with lol ,but it’s a new ownership and his fit in the lineup is damn near perfect. I think he is the leader charlotte needs on top of his all round game and ability.

For the love of God, no Charlotte. It's a black hole for basketball talent. I don't care who is sitting in the front office.

Reaction Score
For the love of God, no Charlotte. It's a black hole for basketball talent. I don't care who is sitting in the front office.
They have actually developed talent last few years if you look closely. Lamelo just can’t stay healthy , Miller was a hit , Malik Williams is good, miles bridges is a good player. Adding castle makes sense

Reaction Score
They have actually developed talent last few years if you look closely. Lamelo just can’t stay healthy , Miller was a hit , Malik Williams is good, miles bridges is a good player. Adding castle makes sense

Rationally, I know this is true. But I can't get my body to not feel like puking when you mention it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom