Castle draft status? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Castle draft status?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Got it. I think I was giving too much credence to the questionable athleticism. I just saw him throw down a tomahawk in a highlight.
Sheppard’s a good athlete. People here are just confused because he’s white.

He’ll be a top 5 pick. Hopefully castle will be, too.

Reaction Score
Sheppard’s a good athlete. People here are just confused because he’s white.

He’ll be a top 5 pick. Hopefully castle will be, too.
I don’t know about top 5 but should be top 10. He gets a lot of steals but also gets dusted a ton on D. But he’s lights out and has a really refined all around offensive game.

Poe

Reaction Score
Could Castle end up the #1 pick?

Scouts must be drooling over him. Legit 6'6 with serious on court strength. He finishes though contact as well as you'll see. He has great vision. He's a lockdown defender who can guard 1-4. And he's now showing his shooting. He's a great player/prospect as is and when you factor in how smart a player he is it makes him even more unique.
Why not? We’ve had a 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,14, just add a #1 to the list (#6 wouldn’t be so bad either)

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I don’t know about top 5 but should be top 10. He gets a lot of steals but also gets dusted a ton on D. But he’s lights out and has a really refined all around offensive game.
I’d be shocked if he’s not top 5. Kid’s the best college shooter since Steph, has a 2.5/1 a/to ratio as a freshman, averages 4.2 stocks (3.2 steals & 1 block) per 36 and maxes out all the underlying metrics on both sides of the ball. Add in how calipari’s guards always underperform in college relative to their NBA success, and it feels like CJ McCollum is this kid’s floor.

About the only knock on him is his wingspan, which is just 6-foot-3. But Brunson and Kyrie are 6-foot-4 and they’re both pretty good, so…

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If you’re 19 and shoot 54% from 3 in a major conference, scouts will overlook a lot of stuff for sure. But I agree; even on that team, it seems like Dillingham has more NBA upside as an undersized guard.
Dillingham is pretty much another Immanuel Quickley/Tyrese Maxey

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Think Castle can be the first college player off the board. Would really love for him to start taking over games when he starts feeling it. He should start transitioning into being THE guy at this point.

Reaction Score
His stock slipped a bit earlier when he wasn't scoring or shooting as well as hoped.

But since both have picked up, he'll likely move back to where he was, which is top 10ish. I could see him going in the Anthony Black-range from last year, 6th.

But it's a weak draft, so who knows. I don't think his athleticism is quite high enough to take him at #1, which is generally a place where teams want to swing for the fences on upside, unless he really shows even more than he's shown so far this year.

Reaction Score
I was surprised how low usage he was. And he seems a lot more like an opportunistic defender with great instincts than a very good defender. Meanwhile Dillingham would likely drive me nuts at times but that kid has the most aesthetically pleasing game, at least to me, a guy who who loved the Lou Williams and Jamal Crawfords of the world.

Reaction Score
Here are the EvanMiya overall rankings in college basketball:

Sheppard 6
Castle 12
Dillingham 91

If you are a top 20 ranked EvanMiya player as a freshman, you are probably a lottery pick.

caw

Reaction Score
Reed Sheppard is one of the best defenders in college basketball and all the analytics say he is way better than Castle defensively and offensively.

Sheppards defensive stats are really good but he gets lost on any off the ball movement and I mean bafflingly lost.

He’s by far the best though on UK but UK is a horrid defensive unit. Comparing him to his peers there is like comparing a severely bruised apple to a bunch with worms in them. A team with that many athletes should not rate outside the top 100 on Kenpom for defense. Ever.

That said, if he were playing for a coach who pushed defense to the forefront, he would be outstanding because he does have good tools. Not as good as Castle but very good.

Reaction Score
His stock slipped a bit earlier when he wasn't scoring or shooting as well as hoped.

But since both have picked up, he'll likely move back to where he was, which is top 10ish. I could see him going in the Anthony Black-range from last year, 6th.

But it's a weak draft, so who knows. I don't think his athleticism is quite high enough to take him at #1, which is generally a place where teams want to swing for the fences on upside, unless he really shows even more than he's shown so far this year.
Don’t think his athleticism is an issue

Reaction Score
I don't think his athleticism is quite high enough to take him at #1, which is generally a place where teams want to swing for the fences on upside, unless he really shows even more than he's shown so far this year.
Is the NBA really making that same mistake anymore? The best of the best players in the league now aren't great run jump athletes outside of Giannis and Anthony Edwards. Castle is plenty athletic to be a star player.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Sheppards defensive stats are really good but he gets lost on any off the ball movement and I mean bafflingly lost.

He’s by far the best though on UK but UK is a horrid defensive unit. Comparing him to his peers there is like comparing a severely bruised apple to a bunch with worms in them. A team with that many athletes should not rate outside the top 100 on Kenpom for defense. Ever.

That said, if he were playing for a coach who pushed defense to the forefront, he would be outstanding because he does have good tools. Not as good as Castle but very good.
Sheppard can defend point guards and players his size well. He is listed at 6’3”. Maybe he is that big. But he is not guarding a two or three at the nba level he just is not big enough. That is what the nba is looking for position-less players. I really can’t see how Sheppard can go higher than Castle.

Reaction Score
Is the NBA really making that same mistake anymore? The best of the best players in the league now aren't great run jump athletes outside of Giannis and Anthony Edwards. Castle is plenty athletic to be a star player.
Yup. Athleticism in the context used for the draft just means explosive jumping but athleticism is so much more than that. And castle is more than explosiveness enough.

Reaction Score
"I feel like my teammates pretty much picked me up confidence-wise and told me I'm here for a reason and to show that," Castle said. "So I've been trying to do that the last couple of games."

Reaction Score
"I feel like my teammates pretty much picked me up confidence-wise and told me I'm here for a reason and to show that," Castle said. "So I've been trying to do that the last couple of games."

It’s honestly bizarre that, especially through Newton, this team feels like they’ve all been playing together for three years. Credit to Spencer and his IQ to fit right in and become an immediate crucial catalyst for DH’s system. We’ve been blessed with some amazing leaders and I think Newton has been underrated in that regard. It’s so apparent in his demeanor, now more than half way through the season, the energy he carries. Championship DNA flows through him. And Castle deserves a ton of credit for assimilating into what has clearly been a well established culture. Something tells me your average UK rental doesn’t fit into the DH system as well.

caw

Reaction Score
It’s honestly bizarre that, especially through Newton, this team feels like they’ve all been playing together for three years. Credit to Spencer and his IQ to fit right in and become an immediate crucial catalyst for DH’s system. We’ve been blessed with some amazing leaders and I think Newton has been underrated in that regard. It’s so apparent in his demeanor, now more than half way through the season, the energy he carries. Championship DNA flows through him. And Castle deserves a ton of credit for assimilating into what has clearly been a well established culture. Something tells me your average UK rental doesn’t fit into the DH system as well.

Never really thought about it before but you are right. Only Johnson has been playing for Hurley for three years. Everyone else is basically at two or fewer. That is kind of crazy to think about. It certainly feels like the team has been playing together for three to four years.

Reaction Score
Incredible shooter but he can't even guard anyone in college and he's small.
Yea he is going to be real good down the line but right now he is not ready. He is a steaky
Could Castle end up the #1 pick?

Scouts must be drooling over him. Legit 6'6 with serious on court strength. He finishes though contact as well as you'll see. He has great vision. He's a lockdown defender who can guard 1-4. And he's now showing his shooting. He's a great player/prospect as is and when you factor in how smart a player he is it makes him even more unique.
What are you talking about ???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom