Castle draft status? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Castle draft status?

Reaction Score
At this trajectory, this would qualify as the best freshmen season in modern program history, right?

Rip had a very good freshman year but on a mediocre squad. El Amin obviously comes to mind. i don't count henefeld. Drummond was good but inconsistent. Who else would be up there for consideration.
It’s definitely up there. Off the top of my head, Rudy Gay and Bouknight both had decent freshman years too.

Jerome Dyson also had a very slept on freshman year. Honestly Dyson’s whole UConn career could probably use a little more recognition

Reaction Score
Could Castle end up the #1 pick?

Scouts must be drooling over him. Legit 6'6 with serious on court strength. He finishes though contact as well as you'll see. He has great vision. He's a lockdown defender who can guard 1-4. And he's now showing his shooting. He's a great player/prospect as is and when you factor in how smart a player he is it makes him even more unique.
I agree, except that after seeing him slow down Soriano in the paint at one point, it looks like he might be able to guard 1-5 at the college level. I simply did not ever expect him to be such a defensive presence. What a player.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the mock drafts all seem to love him. I don’t think he’s a lottery pick but a lot of guys whose job it is to speculate about this seem to think so.

I haven't watched much of Sheppard this year and I'm looking forward to their game tonight. But in limited viewing time, I don't really get the lottery hype. His game sounds like a younger Cam Spencer. Cam is obviously an incredible college player and better currently and Sheppard is much younger. But slow footed, 6'3 guards don't typically go lottery, even when they are high IQ lights out shooters. Does he have an absurd wingspan, or is he more athletic than I am giving him credit for? What's the catch?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I haven't watched much of Sheppard this year and I'm looking forward to their game tonight. But in limited viewing time, I don't really get the lottery hype. His game sounds like a younger Cam Spencer. Cam is obviously an incredible college player and better currently and Sheppard is much younger. But slow footed, 6'3 guards don't typically go lottery, even when they are high IQ lights out shooters. Does he have an absurd wingspan, or is he more athletic than I am giving him credit for? What's the catch?
Sheppard is very good. I’m not sure how his game translates to the nba with his size but he is a good athlete. He regularly gets dunks, blocks shots, and gets a ton of steals and deflections

Reaction Score
Sheppard is very good. I’m not sure how his game translates to the nba with his size but he is a good athlete. He regularly gets dunks, blocks shots, and gets a ton of steals and deflections

So he is more like an average NBA athlete whereas Cam would be at a large deficit. Makes sense.

Reaction Score
I get it were all die hard uconn fans. Castle Is turning into a complete game changer. But come on #1 overall? Can he be a top 5 pick? Absolutely if gets his 3 point shot to keep falling. Shooting almost 38% from 3 in the past 10 games. He's definitely one of the best defenders in college ball....but the NBA no longer cares about defense. 136 to 125 and a 133 to 122 games last night. Steph is a great person met him a couple times. Do I hope he goes #1 yup and signs a 2nd max contract. Some reason the NBA loves drafting foreign players. With that said LETS GO STEPH!!!!!
A good % of the BY, just 4 games ago, wasn't even considering him a top 10 pick, nor a big piece of this team. Clingan, AK, Cam and Newton were our guys. Now we all seem to agree Steph is at least top 10 if not top 5 nba pick. It'd be foolish to think he has reached his ceiling this year.
If he's top 5 now, who can say he won't rise to possible #1 or #2.
We fans (myself easily included) are notoriously awful with early and mid season predictions.

Reaction Score
Before we anoint Stephan let’s see if his shots continue to go down. He certainly has become more confident and comfortable. Kid is strong, athletic and gets to the line just like Newton.

Reaction Score
It's a weak class but I think Sarr is the frontrunner and have a hard time imagining that changes

Lot of international/G League Ignite players at the top of mocks, but if Castle keeps playing like this (big ask / sky high expectations) then he should have a case for the #1 NCAA prospect

Reaction Score
Top 5 currently. My guess is one of the Big Guys will go #1. Can't coach size.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous take
It's kind of apt now, at least for the regular season. The NBA has decided they no longer want defense in the regular season.

Reaction Score
Sheppard is over 4 years younger than Cam and shooting like 10% better from 3 on the year in addition to having a bit more athleticism. His 3 point shooting this year has honestly been absurd. If it is sustainable, it’s hard to tell where his ceiling could be, which is the reason why he’s getting so much hype.

Reaction Score
Sheppard is over 4 years younger than Cam and shooting like 10% better from 3 on the year in addition to having a bit more athleticism. His 3 point shooting this year has honestly been absurd. If it is sustainable, it’s hard to tell where his ceiling could be, which is the reason why he’s getting so much hype.

Got it. I think I was giving too much credence to the questionable athleticism. I just saw him throw down a tomahawk in a highlight.

Reaction Score
I hope the Hornets take him early in the draft to take Terry Rozier's spot on the roster.

Reaction Score
If the draft was tomorrow, Steph is top 5 and Reed Sheppard is absolutely first round

Reaction Score
Before we anoint Stephan Stephon let’s see if his shots continue to go down. He certainly has become more confident and comfortable. Kid is strong, athletic and gets to the line just like Newton.
Ugh, now the name misspellings on here are happening with Stephon. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom