Castle draft status? | The Boneyard

Castle draft status?

Reaction Score
Could Castle end up the #1 pick?

Scouts must be drooling over him. Legit 6'6 with serious on court strength. He finishes though contact as well as you'll see. He has great vision. He's a lockdown defender who can guard 1-4. And he's now showing his shooting. He's a great player/prospect as is and when you factor in how smart a player he is it makes him even more unique.

Reaction Score

Scouts must be drooling over him. Legit 6'6 with serious on court strength. He finishes though contact as well as you'll see. He has great vision. He's a lockdown defender who can guard 1-4. And he's now showing his shooting. He's a great player/prospect as is and when you factor in how smart a player he is it makes him even more unique.
Yes

Reaction Score

If he just plateaus at this current level of great play, he’ll be an easy Top 5-10. If he keeps improving (I’ll bet on this being more likely), he could definitely go #1

Reaction Score
He’s gotta be trending upwards for sure. His shooting looks more comfortable and he’s defending at a high level.

I think Sarr and probably those 2 wings from France end up going before him. Hard to say no to a 6’10 wing with a 7’4 wingspan that is a sniper from 3. Then you still have Buzelis, all the guys in college basketball (Williams, Knecht, Sheppard, etc). If I was an NBA gm, I’d personally take him over any player in college basketball right now, but it depends a lot on fit too.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I was down on Castle because he wasn’t shooting confidently or consistently and didn’t always finish strong at the rim but that has recently changed and I thought he’s been our best player the past 2 games. If he keeps improving, oh my gosh.

Reaction Score
He’s gotta be trending upwards for sure. His shooting looks more comfortable and he’s defending at a high level.

I think Sarr and probably those 2 wings from France end up going before him. Hard to say no to a 6’10 wing with a 7’4 wingspan that is a sniper from 3. Then you still have Buzelis, all the guys in college basketball (Williams, Knecht, Sheppard, etc). If I was an NBA gm, I’d personally take him over any player in college basketball right now, but it depends a lot on fit too.
Sheppard as in Reed Sheppard?

Reaction Score
Yeah, the mock drafts all seem to love him. I don’t think he’s a lottery pick but a lot of guys whose job it is to speculate about this seem to think so.
Incredible shooter but he can't even guard anyone in college and he's small.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Top five at this point. A lot can change by the first week in April he has room to go up and I don’t see him going down at this point.

Reaction Score
Castle is such a great defender and now that his shot is falling he is being more aggressive on drives as players have to respect his outside game. He always had a great stroke. Just needed time to get his stroke together. Also, noted in the game by Jim Jackson sometimes players coming back from injuries are hesitant to go full tilt. It seems like Castle now is confident after the injury and we are see the resulting aggressiveness. What a fun player to watch.

Reaction Score
Incredible shooter but he can't even guard anyone in college and he's small.
If you’re 19 and shoot 54% from 3 in a major conference, scouts will overlook a lot of stuff for sure. But I agree; even on that team, it seems like Dillingham has more NBA upside as an undersized guard.

Reaction Score
I get it were all die hard uconn fans. Castle Is turning into a complete game changer. But come on #1 overall? Can he be a top 5 pick? Absolutely if gets his 3 point shot to keep falling. Shooting almost 38% from 3 in the past 10 games. He's definitely one of the best defenders in college ball....but the NBA no longer cares about defense. 136 to 125 and a 133 to 122 games last night. Steph is a great person met him a couple times. Do I hope he goes #1 yup and signs a 2nd max contract. Some reason the NBA loves drafting foreign players. With that said LETS GO STEPH!!!!!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Freshman pg doing a great job D’ing up an all conference center and that’s a footnote on his performance

Reaction Score
Yeah, the mock drafts all seem to love him. I don’t think he’s a lottery pick but a lot of guys whose job it is to speculate about this seem to think so.
Recently listened this podcast with Sam Vecenie hoping they discussed Clingan and Castle. Neither was mentioned, but Vecenie was gushing over Reed.

Reaction Score
I get it were all die hard uconn fans. Castle Is turning into a complete game changer. But come on #1 overall? Can he be a top 5 pick? Absolutely if gets his 3 point shot to keep falling. Shooting almost 38% from 3 in the past 10 games. He's definitely one of the best defenders in college ball....but the NBA no longer cares about defense. 136 to 125 and a 133 to 122 games last night. Steph is a great person met him a couple times. Do I hope he goes #1 yup and signs a 2nd max contract. Some reason the NBA loves drafting foreign players. With that said LETS GO STEPH!!!!!
I think you need to take another look at the other guys at the top of the draft. It's a very weak class at the top

Reaction Score
At this trajectory, this would qualify as the best freshmen season in modern program history, right?

Rip had a very good freshman year but on a mediocre squad. El Amin obviously comes to mind. i don't count henefeld. Drummond was good but inconsistent. Who else would be up there for consideration.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom