Cassell Jr. Injured | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cassell Jr. Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dyson in 2009!! Worst ever.
I seem to recall there may have been a case made by some people that the team was... better? ... without Dyson.

Don't quote me on that. Maybe I imagined it

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I seem to recall there may have been a case made by some people that the team was... better? ... without Dyson.

Don't quote me on that. Maybe I imagined it

People thought that with Dyson being out it allowed Stanley to become a bigger part of the offense.

I guess they figured he wouldn't have it Jerome was there. I don't buy it.

The team was ranked 1 nationally when JD went down at Gampel to Cuse.

Reaction Score
People thought that with Dyson being out it allowed Stanley to become a bigger part of the offense.

I guess they figured he wouldn't have it Jerome was there. I don't buy it.

The team was ranked 1 nationally when JD went down at Gampel to Cuse.

The loss of Dyson hurt more against top defensive teams like Pitt and later against Michigan State. Without Dyson we had no other outside threat beside AJ- I relaize Dyson wasn't a great deep threat but he was streaky who could def get hot. Austrie was servicable off the bench but was overwhelmed as a starter. AJ got cold against Michigan State and that killed UConn and we would have def needed Dyson against that North carolina team that won it all.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The bench on that team without Dyson was thin.
When we got into foul trouble, I believe Beverley and Edwards had to play significant minutes. .As a Sophomore and junior those two were not ready for prime time.

A young Kemba Walker was there on the bench too. It didn't help that he didn't have a good game after leading the Huskies with 23 in the previous game vs Mizzou to get them to the final four (a sign of things to come in 2011). With Dyson they were playing like the best team in the country (although Pitt was their kryptonite). I really loved watching that team.

Reaction Score
A young Kemba Walker was there on the bench too. It didn't help that he didn't have a good game after leading the Huskies with 23 in the previous game vs Mizzou to get them to the final four (a sign of things to come in 2011). With Dyson they were playing like the best team in the country (although Pitt was their kryptonite). I really loved watching that team.

They hadn't played Pitt yet with Dyson though, I personally think Dyson could've been another defender to throw at Sam Young and potentially swing those games in UConn's favor, Young just destroyed them both games. SRob bit on every single pump fake no matter how telegraphed they were, and Adrien was too slow to keep up with him on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Interesting note
The ACC ,the B1G, and the Big East each had 7 teams in the tourney in 2009
The Big East had 17 wins
Both the other leagues had 9 wins
When you consider UNC won it all ,and MSU got to the finals ,their respective league mates were awful.

C

Chief00

Absolutely because we would have won it all!

Quite frankly, I never have bought into that narrative - how a guy who never won a post season game would have led us to the NC.

Reaction Score
Wish him a speedy recovery...That said, I'm in the camp that its time to shorten the rotation.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I never have bought into that narrative - how a guy who never won a post season game would have led us to the NC.
I doubt we beat UNc but we definitely play them in the NC game. There is no doubt that team missed him. When Beverely actually saw minutes in the semi game you knew we were hurting.
Simply because he was a great athlete ,that year he knew he wasn't the go to guy they already had AJ . His problems the following year were a result of a conflict with Kemba, unfortunately Kemba as a Soph was a better decision maker than JD as a senior. If that team was given to Kemba , with JD as a complimentary player that team was good enough to make the NCAA tourney.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Quite frankly, you're a idiot.

Aren't you having lunch with Sinatra today?

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This board is just hilarious...hahahaha

Entertainment value +1,000 :) I need an 0904 recap badly with a bullish prognostication.

Reaction Score
Huh? He did win one post season game big man! Look it up before spewing false statements! We definitely would have challenged NC and would have beat Mich St. if we had Dyson in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom