Casey deserves his shot. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Casey deserves his shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Not that talented? What are you a member of the press corp? The kid was one of the best High school QBs in the history of the state. Good grief. Give him a chance before you totally diss him.

Actual question...what is the belief that Cochrane can't be effective based on? Spring game? It can't possibly be what the beat guys are saying....we know they don't have the answers. He hasn't taken a snap in a game at the college level, yet it seems like people have given up on him. Is there something I am missing?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Chandler has to own his mistake Saturday. It was a big one at a bad time. But, you can't tell me that anyone else would have hit Davis on the TD that wasn't, hit Davis again in traffic the next play, hit Parker for a TD or hit McCombs with, if you watch the replay, a perfect touch pass over two defenders for the 2nd touchdown.

The kid isn't Tom Brady, can't escape pressure well, and makes a few bad decisions. I just described 90% of college QB's.

He seems to have a good connection with all of our WR's and spreads the ball well. I'd rather the line and running backs take a little more pride in keeping him upright and he'll be fine.

Both Boyle and Cochran are pocket passer, same as CW. They'll have the same issues. If either were a better option they would have won the job. As we remember, CW was clearly the best in preseason and hasn't shown so badly that I see a need to replace him with a complete unknown.

Reaction Score
Whitmer isn't getting it done. Boyle is still wearing a redshirt.

We were excited to get Casey. Let's see what he can do. Of course, at the glacial pace that Pasqualoni makes decision, it will probably take him a few more games watching Whitmer to make a move.

Casey has to earn his shot. He doesn't 'deserve' anything

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bingo!

It amazes me that people don't see what the true problem on this team is; the fact that the OLine isn't functioning properly in the run game or the pass protect. And the RB's aren't good enough to correct for a deficient line. Pretty simple, really...
Can't there be more than one problem? I like Whitmer but he's got some significant liabilities...lack of mobility and looking his passes all the way in are the two biggest. If he just works through all the reads, his performance goes up dramatically. The fact that he still doesn't is troubling.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Chandler has to own his mistake Saturday. It was a big one at a bad time. But, you can't tell me that anyone else would have hit Davis on the TD that wasn't, hit Davis again in traffic the next play, hit Parker for a TD or hit McCombs with, if you watch the replay, a perfect touch pass over two defenders for the 2nd touchdown.

THIS!!!!

This paragraph should be mandatory reading for everyone in this thread right now. This is the absolute truth. He had a horrible decision he needs to own, but he made some gems of throws, including dropping one right into the bucket for Lyle on the TD. My goodness, people...

Reaction Score
Whitmer is not the issue. We could have Aaron Rodgers back there and still be screwed because of the horrendous play of the O-line

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Whitmer is not the issue. We could have Aaron Rodgers back there and still be screwed because of the horrendous play of the O-line

100% false. Whitmer is just not a good QB. If we had Aaron Rodgers we'd be 3-0.

Reaction Score
THIS!!!!

This paragraph should be mandatory reading for everyone in this thread right now. This is the absolute truth. He had a horrible decision he needs to own, but he made some gems of throws, including dropping one right into the bucket for Lyle on the TD. My goodness, people...

He is completely inconsistent and his blown plays outweigh his good plays IMHO. There is no harm in giving someone else a chance to show what they can do. If they suck, then Whitmer will, to some extent, be vindicated. However, if they play well, even with no prior experience, then we at least wil have a partial solution. Again, I'm not saying bench Whitmer, just give someone else a chance for a quarter if Whitmer is showing his current lack of poise and intelligence.

C

Chief00

Whitmer can't throw on the run and he can't see the field in the pocket.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
CC has had hus redshirt. No reason not to let him have a series or 2, maybe first possesion of 2nd qtr? And don't say we shouldn't dusrupt our mojo or rythym as we have neither.

Reaction Score
If a young Aaron Rodgers was (or is) on our team its 75 -25 that P would nail him to the bench.

Reaction Score
Casey has to earn his shot. He doesn't 'deserve' anything

Exactly.

Many of us wanted to see Cody Endres playing over Frazier. It was clear he was the better player, he put up better numbers in very limited action. Nobody could figure out why he wasn't starting. Then we learned why.

I am not saying Cochran has the same issues. But we have no idea what happens behind the scenes that keeps guys off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom