Casey Cochran - Thanksgiving eve | The Boneyard

Casey Cochran - Thanksgiving eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had the chance to watch niece/nephews HS football game (Masuk vs Newtown) Wednesday evening. It was for the league marbles.

Masuk, lead by Casey Cochran, came into the game averaging over 50 points a game. Newtown held Masuk scoreless (four punts) in the first quarter for the first time this year. Casey did not throw too much, and most of it consisted of sideline passes to backs out of the backfield. The one long throw I saw him do was intercepted at or near the goal line.

Most of the second half he was handing the ball off to his backs.

Not the same Casey Cochran I was so high on a year ago. In fact, the Connecticut Post seemed to highlight the fact that the passing attack was under 200 yards.

However, Newtowns QB, a sophomore, may have the opportunity to develop into a fine QB by the time he's a senior. Threw a lot of deep balls, but has to work a little more on timing and accuracy......but potential may be there.

Reaction Score
I read the Post article but didn't see the game. Sounds like Cochran had an off night against a very good Newtown team. Masuk adjusted and went with what was working and they blew Newtown out again. Off nights will happen to anyone.

Reaction Score
Masuk's playoff bracket is loaded with good teams. It'll be interesting to see how they do in their playoff run.

Reaction Score
Evaluating talent has got to be one of the hardest things to do. Great players can have very ho hum performances, even in high school. I saw Ray Allen as a senior and thought he would be a star. I saw Kobe Bryant as a junior and said "he's way overhyped".

You can't take much from one or two games. Further, the physical abilities of a player can have a disastrous or incredibly positive effect at the next level. Players with athletic ability usually end up better than expected even if their skills are less refined in high school.

Casey is a refined football player but not a freak athlete. My hope is that his composure, skill set and lifelong coaching from his dad can compensate for that. I am very comfortable with him as a person and player. The kid is first class.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Masuk-Newtown is also a rivalry game. Strange things happen in those games.

Reaction Score
Could it be that the running game was working well , so Masuk ran it?

Reaction Score
Casey is a refined football player but not a freak athlete. My hope is that his composure, skill set and lifelong coaching from his dad can compensate for that. I am very comfortable with him as a person and player. The kid is first class.

your description sounds a lot like kellon moore, hopefully we'll ahve similar results

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Anybody know where there might be highlights of the Masuk-Newtown game?

OT- BTW Nan don't know where your avatar is from but its freakin' me out...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Had the chance to watch niece/nephews HS football game (Masuk vs Newtown) Wednesday evening. It was for the league marbles.

Masuk, lead by Casey Cochran, came into the game averaging over 50 points a game. Newtown held Masuk scoreless (four punts) in the first quarter for the first time this year. Casey did not throw too much, and most of it consisted of sideline passes to backs out of the backfield. The one long throw I saw him do was intercepted at or near the goal line.

Most of the second half he was handing the ball off to his backs.

Not the same Casey Cochran I was so high on a year ago. In fact, the Connecticut Post seemed to highlight the fact that the passing attack was under 200 yards.

However, Newtowns QB, a sophomore, may have the opportunity to develop into a fine QB by the time he's a senior. Threw a lot of deep balls, but has to work a little more on timing and accuracy......but potential may be there.

I have a hard time being critical of a QB that just won a game 46-7

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So we've gone from players transferring out because he was on the way to already giving up on him... all before he graduated high school. That is full circle.

Reaction Score
You guys are too much. TD's telling you what he saw and it might be of interest to some of us. We don't need people mis-characterizing each other for the sake of stirring the pot and upsetting potential scholarship athletes and their families. If you've got that much extra time on your hands my wife has a list of chores I couldn't get to this week.

BTW - Saw Boeing Brown play this week but I'm not tellin' nothin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom