Carrier Dome no more: Syracuse cancels lifetime naming contract | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Carrier Dome no more: Syracuse cancels lifetime naming contract

Reaction Score
It was an outdated naming contract and they were loosing out on money for years. Carrier knew they were making out like bandits and it caused a rift between Syracuse and carrier. I think Syracuse even removed them from their media guide as a sponsor
I believe Carrier is no longer in Syracuse after the spinoff from UTC. Didn't they move the plants to Mexico?

Reaction Score
Nothing's worse than Bridgeport's brand new music venue named the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater.

Way to market your city.
I drove by that venue howerever and it looks terrific. Hartford Healthcare is huge. Probably got a good price for it.

Anyhow, we can't throw stones after Gampel's name and Pratt and Whitney Stadium, which I am not sure if Pratt paid any money for it at all or it is just negotiated for the land deal.

Reaction Score
I believe Carrier is no longer in Syracuse after the spinoff from UTC. Didn't they move the plants to Mexico?
Not positive I think they still have a presence in Syracuse. Kinda funny how they never put air conditioning in the carrier dome for 40 years and Syracuse had to do it themselves 2 years ago. I hope they used their biggest competitor hvac system to do that

Reaction Score
It can't be as bad as here in Omaha. We have the CHI Health Center. Still can't figure out who the head nitwit was that pushed that one through. Yep, you can watch a basketball game or maybe get a colonoscopy, or both.

Watching us play sometimes seems like a colonoscopy... Try the veal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyhow, we can't throw stones after Gampel's name and Pratt and Whitney Stadium, which I am not sure if Pratt paid any money for it at all or it is just negotiated for the land deal.
"Rentschler Field" came with the land deal, naming rights to the stadium weren't allowed for a period of time. After that time was up is when the PAWS came, at a price I'm almost 100% sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom