Caron Butler played for 9 teams in his 16-year @NBA career. Today, he’s retiring... | The Boneyard

Caron Butler played for 9 teams in his 16-year @NBA career. Today, he’s retiring...

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
From the Courant: Caron Butler, Former UConn Great, Announces His Retirement From NBA

When it came to Jim Calhoun’s attention that the Wahlberg brothers, the prominent Hollywood producers, were planning to make a movie about the life of Caron Butler, Calhoun immediately contacted his former player and submitted a formal request.

“I told Caron only one thing,” Calhoun said. “I’m a 28-year member of SAG [the Screen Actors Guild] and there is only one person who can play Jim Calhoun. Unfortunately, it would take a little makeup, but the voice is still there.”​

Reaction Score
Dang! Wow, makes me feel old. I had a lot of fond memories watching him play when I was in HS. Not much older than me and already retired. Whenever I see these stories I always think "wow, shoulda learned how to put a ball through a hoop or how to throw a football." But, just the same, one of my top 10 Huskies, a hard worker who really turned his life around. A solid role model and someone to look up to.

Reaction Score
I have so much respect for this man. I loved him as a player and have followed his outstanding career. His book is a must read!

Reaction Score
If Ben Gordons layup does not get stuck between the rim and the backboard, Caron makes it to the final 4 and probably beyond.

Poe

Reaction Score
Great to also see Caron transition to a new careeer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom