Caron Butler & Mark Wahlberg to Make Big Budget Movie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Caron Butler & Mark Wahlberg to Make Big Budget Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn/Calhoun is only a small part of the book but I'd make it a major part of the film as it was critical in Caron's journey to responsible adulthood. Keep in mind that if Marky-Mark bought the rights, he likely is eyeballing a part. That would seem to be Calhoun.

So you start out with Caron's mom worrying about him ending up another thug from the neighborhood. Make the gun shot the first transformative event. Have his mom do a "I raised you to be better than that. You are better than that." speech. Then drift into his early success in basketball.

Move forward to Calhoun (Wahlberg) coming to Racine. It was a huge deal at the time and Calhoun was the only coach to make the trip. Have him do the "Don't have your son come to Connecticut to become a better basketball player, have him come to Connecticut to become a better man" speech. Show Calhoun riding him and Butler eventually winning his trust. End with him being drafted (foreshadow that as the unattainable dream when he was kid in Racine) and then do a post script about the NBA and maybe his son JC. Roll the credits over actual pictures of Caron and Calhoun.

You're welcome Wahlberg.

I heard that Wahlberg got to keep the prostethic unit from "Boogie Nights". If he does indeed decide to play JC in this film, I do hope that prosthetic makes an appearance.

Reaction Score
UConn/Calhoun is only a small part of the book but I'd make it a major part of the film as it was critical in Caron's journey to responsible adulthood. Keep in mind that if Marky-Mark bought the rights, he likely is eyeballing a part. That would seem to be Calhoun.

So you start out with Caron's mom worrying about him ending up another thug from the neighborhood. Make the gun shot the first transformative event. Have his mom do a "I raised you to be better than that. You are better than that." speech. Then drift into his early success in basketball.

Move forward to Calhoun (Wahlberg) coming to Racine. It was a huge deal at the time and Calhoun was the only coach to make the trip. Have him do the "Don't have your son come to Connecticut to become a better basketball player, have him come to Connecticut to become a better man" speech. Show Calhoun riding him and Butler eventually winning his trust. End with him being drafted (foreshadow that as the unattainable dream when he was kid in Racine) and then do a post script about the NBA and maybe his son JC. Roll the credits over actual pictures of Caron and Calhoun.

You're welcome Wahlberg.

Just thought of another likely Wahlberg role... the cop who wisely doesn't charge Caron with a drug crime while he was working for BK. It could be nice and small, which would allow Wahlberg to be in his own movie but not distract attention by being a major central role that he has no business filling (aside from his coming from the Boston area)

Why don't we branch out, anyone got good casting ideas for the rest of the team? Justin Brown? Taliek? Emeka? Ben? Hazelton!?

Reaction Score
Why don't we branch out, anyone got good casting ideas for the rest of the team? Justin Brown? Taliek? Emeka? Ben? Hazelton!?
While I realize you're most likely joking, I couldn't help myself. Taliek Brown = Leslie Odom Jr.

Taliek.jpg

Reaction Score
It's a good try, but Odenkirk is still too short. It would be almost as bad as if some moron cast Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher.
they make people tall all the time! Movie magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom