Carolyn Peck outdoes herself again... | The Boneyard

Carolyn Peck outdoes herself again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm watching the SC-UT game and Peck states that regardless of the outcome of the game both Tennessee and South Carolina should be #1 seeds along (over Maryland) with UConn and ND. The rationale for this bit of wisdom? Tennessee's outstanding record against top 25/50 teams. So I looked it up...

if Tennessee loses and Maryland beats Ohio State...

Maryland 10-1 and 17-1 against top 25/50
Tennessee 7-4 and 13-5 against top 25/50

Does this woman have anything between her ears but dead air?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
LOL, Peck based her comment on RPI. Where's Dobbs?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
She should just confine herself to broadcasting in the SEC which she loves. And she shouldn't even even comment about the rest of the Country. She is totally clueless.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Peck is a Tennessee and SEC homer.

Having said that, she should stick to the game analysis.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Almost as ridiculous as Muffet saying Loyd was the best player in the country. We all know that isn't so!
Side note about that - one of Jewell Loyd's "stated goals" is to win NPOY. At least that's what the announcers said during the ND-FSU game. If UCONN players ever feel that way, it's not something they ever seem to discuss with the media, or anyone with the ability to "quote" them.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Loyd's comments. It's just that you ALWAYS here UCONN players talking about winning the NC. And winning it as a team. You hear them say "I will do whatever it takes to help my team win". Bria Hartley is the poster-girl for that comment - embracing coming off the bench in her junior year when she was coming back from her ankle injury.

Reaction Score
Wow. I like Carolyn Peck. But the lovefest with the Lady Vols has to stop! Jeez. They should not be a #1 Seed. UConn, ND, Maryland, and South Carolina are the #1 seeds.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Almost as ridiculous as Muffet saying Loyd was the best player in the country. We all know that isn't so!
Missed most of the 2nd half, but Antonelli must have said at least 5 times that Loyd was either the best player or best guard in the country. Total BS. The best backcourt player in WCBB is Moriah and Breanna is the best player.

toadfoot

Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo said she thought Loyd was going to be the Player of the Year over Stewart....

Not sure if Lobo is bending over backwards trying not to show UConn bias, but the numbers just don't support that opinion.

FG% 3FG% FT% Rebounds Assists TO Blocks Steals Avg. Efficiency
Stewart .540 .295 .822 7.1/game 100 62 83 52 17.3 1.38/shot attempt
Loyd .466 .337 .825 5.4/game 102 83 15 50 20.5 1.34/shot attempt

Jefferson .574 ..500 .826 2.8/game 154 48 5 86 12.0 1.45/shot attempt

Clearly she's not even the best guard, let alone NPOY player.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Checking in Nan, after the game, and I agree with CPeck that since she once played the outside linebacker position for a sorry Commodore unit, too many brain puddlings have left her unable to make a cogent thought, so clearly the top 4 seeds in the WCBB should natch be USCar, UTenn, KY, and Missi State. After that I don't know, maybe some non-SEC teams like maybe Notre Dame, Maryland, and that team to the south of Massachusetts could be put in, but really you have to give Arkansas, LSU, Vandy, and Ole Miss first preference.

Reaction Score
Missed most of the 2nd half, but Antonelli must have said at least 5 times that Loyd was either the best player or best guard in the country. Total BS. The best backcourt player in WCBB is Moriah and Breanna is the best player.
Moriah is quicker with the ball than any one I've ever seen in Women's College Basketball. Jewell is stronger and can jump quicker and higher than anyone aside from Gabby Williams! Oh, Jewell scores more because she has to but, IMO, Moriah can get a shot anytime she wants but doesn't need to as she seems more interested in setting up teammate Breanna Stewart, the POY. So, the way I sees it, if Jewell Lloyd wants to be POY then she has to come to Uconn and play with Moriah Jefferson, the best PG in the Women's game. Hope that's as clear as Muffet and Carolyn are who both love to blow out the Husky candles so their choices can glow brighter. Believe the God's call their whining ... Jealously!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo said she thought Loyd was going to be the Player of the Year over Stewart....
As much as I love Lobo... that's ridiculous. I guarantee with one question I could get her or anyone else to change their answer if they were thinking about choosing Lloyd over Stewie. I dare you to ask any coach in America (while strapped to a lie detector test) if you had to play 2 v 2... yourself and one elite player in the nation vs your spouse and one elite player in the nation and you get to choose first and you can only choose Lloyd or Stewie who would you choose?

The Answer: Stewie all day...

Why? Because she effects the game at BOTH ends of the court. Frankly, if you can't see that Stewie is the more COMPLETE player... you should get your eyes checked.

Am I lying?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Tennessee does not deserve a No.1 by ANY measure. Period.

B. Stewart is THE best player in women's college basketball. Period.

To expand further is merely a waste of time.
Yep, and beyond that, the fun begins. There will be surprises, there will be blood, there will be #10.

Reaction Score
I'll go further. Loyd is not even the second or third best player in the country. As good as she is, and she is very good. KML and MoJ are better. There are other players (on other teams) as good as Loyd, but she happens to be the best player on the 2nd/3rd best team in the country, so she gets the extra boost. I don't buy the 3 to see garbage and "what's best for the game" BS. It is what it is. UConn just so happens to have the 3 best players in the country, end of story.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Not sure if Lobo is bending over backwards trying not to show UConn bias, but the numbers just don't support that opinion.

FG% 3FG% FT% Rebounds Assists TO Blocks Steals Avg. Efficiency
Stewart .540 .295 .822 7.1/game 100 62 83 52 17.3 1.38/shot attempt
Loyd .466 .337 .825 5.4/game 102 83 15 50 20.5 1.34/shot attempt

Jefferson .574 ..500 .826 2.8/game 154 48 5 86 12.0 1.45/shot attempt

Clearly she's not even the best guard, let alone NPOY player.

I think these stats are much more telling than just ppg ... but who knows what others look at. Stewie is a complete player. Period.

toadfoot

Reaction Score
Just one last comment... I find Muffet's campaigning for Loyd to be telling. A NPOY candidate shouldn't need her coach proselytizing on her behalf. I suspect even Muffet doesn't really believe Loyd is the best player in the country.

toadfoot

Reaction Score
I think these stats are much more telling than just ppg ... but who knows what others look at. Stewie is a complete player. Period.

I didn't even include the eye test on defensive ability because there simply is no better on-ball defender than Jefferson. She is relentless. And Stewie changes as many shots as she blocks.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Go watch all her interviews during March of last season, guarantee you will hear the same exact talk of Kayla McBride last year. Obviously, we all knew ND didn't have a NPOY last year either. Honestly, sometimes Muffets comments make her sound so amateur.

Reaction Score
I still think KML is underrated and should receive some of the discussion
Absolutely. KML's outside game is the best in the country. What is even more underrated is her inside game. Her inside game is as good or better than Loyd. She does not need to use it, given her lethal 3 point shooting. No doubt about it. She is better than Loyd and the closest to Stewart, than anyone.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Go watch all her interviews during March of last season, guarantee you will hear the same exact talk of Kayla McBride last year. Obviously, we all knew ND didn't have a NPOY last year either. Honestly, sometimes Muffets comments make her sound so amateur.
Act like you've been there before. But as much as ND's program is "similar" to UCONN's (really good offense, spread the floor, pass a lot, etc), Muffet does sound somewhat like a harpy at times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom