Caroline | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Caroline

Reaction Score
I am not suggesting anything but nice of you to take something that Chris Dailey said, as recently as yesterday, and twist it to suit your needs. Time for me to go.

For those interested, here are the untwisted facts.

CD was .301 after the Creighton game on 2.2. She returned from her injuries on 2.18 vs Xavier. The following is her overall 3pt %, after each game, since her return:

2.18 Xavier .306
2.20 G'Town .304
2.23 Marq .297
2.25 St. Js .292
2.27 PC .287

Reaction Score
No, HuskyNan didn't, as she explained in her follow up post. Neither did you note on the post-game thread that, while criticizing Caroline for her defensive failings, Nika was charged with 4 TOs (and I think it might have been more). I also saw Paopao drive right past Nika several times. Caroline wasn't the only one who got burned on defense.

To the point about TOs, to me Caroline's were generally committed when she tried to make things happen on offense. Nika's were simply bad passes. And then, there was that rather conspicuous reality that Caroline scored 22 points while Nika was scoreless until her nearly last-minute three.

Regarding Conndog's correct assertion above that Caroline is still turnover prone, I will note that she's averaging fewer TOs per minutes played than Nika through today's game.
Prone is the wrong word. She makes they. Name one pro, male or female, that hasn't made turnover at the worst possible times. If you ever played you made turnovers. Is the up side of Caroline better than her down side? I'll let Geno speak to that--he said, "Id like 6 more just like her (Caroline)! Nika, is speed on wheels. She has one speed FASTEST. She makes errors but like Caroline she has a huge upside.

Reaction Score
It's March. CW is now at .371(39-105) while CD is now at .287(29-101).

I'm very happy for CW- she's stepped-up her 3pt shooting in the home stretch of her UCONN career- a very Senior thing to do.

As said previously, if CW, PB, and CD can improve their 3pt %, we've got a great shot at the FF.
In regards to CWill, she definitely has stepped up her shooting efficiency. She has played 24 games. If my numbers are right then the following applies: At this point half of her games were before her COVID.

Before being out: 3pt% 17-52 is 32.7%
After coming back: 3pt% 22-53 is 41.5%.

Before being out: f/t% 22-33 is 67%
After coming back: f/t% 17-23 is 73.9%.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I bet for some of you guys, if you were handed a diamond you’d spend all your free time looking for flaws.

Our diamond, Caroline, is still developing. Her upside is huge and I’m thrilled with her development to date. We’ve seen people come through the program that didn’t add as much value to the team as juniors that Caroline does as a freshman.

2E471E11-E15C-48AE-99BF-13497CE7E5FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
100% on target with that comment! This kid plays with more skill, fire, confidence, and guts than anyone UConn is putting on the floor right now !
I have stated before that Caroline is going to be one of the big three, Paige, Caroline and Azzi. When Paige went down all she did was take over the team and saved their season. Does anyone not think that without her scoring that we would have lost 4 more games.I don't. The kid will be the new face of UCONN before she is done. GO CAROLINE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
For those interested, here are the untwisted facts.

CD was .301 after the Creighton game on 2.2. She returned from her injuries on 2.18 vs Xavier. The following is her overall 3pt %, after each game, since her return:

2.18 Xavier .306
2.20 G'Town .304
2.23 Marq .297
2.25 St. Js .292
2.27 PC .287
It's so funny how people demand facts for some arguments and ignore them for others? Also, I love how your stating facts was apparently bashing Caroline. Also, no words were twisted IMO either. Well done!

Reaction Score
I bet for some of you guys, if you were handed a diamond you’d spend all your free time looking for flaws.

Our diamond, Caroline, is still developing. Her upside is huge and I’m thrilled with her development to date. We’ve seen people come through the program that didn’t add as much value to the team as juniors that Caroline does as a freshman.

View attachment 73861

Certain starter next year. She'll be, as Coach Geno often says, "reelly, reelly good!?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

I have been looking for an acceptable phrase to post about some posts in this thread but now I can stop, yours is fantastic. Thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom