Caroline in Concussion Protocol | The Boneyard

Caroline in Concussion Protocol

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
:mad:
1672775257063.jpeg

This is just getting surreal.

Reaction Score
Seems like Caroline's head is magnetic to other people's elbows................I certainly wish her a quick recovery.............at least the timing of the injury was good as the next two games should be manageable without her on the court.........l.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Is this her 3rd in 2 years?
Second possibly. I say possibly because it is unclear if she had a concussion in February of last season. Geno said at one point last season that she didn't actually have a concussion.

Reaction Score
Didn't she get hit in the head two games ago? Wasn't she seen with an ice bag on the back of her head? And now an acknowledged concussion in practice? These are cumulative, and with each successive concussion, one can become concussed more easily.

So sad to hear this news. Really hope she gets back to normal soon, and isn't hurt again.

Reaction Score
Wearing soft helmets may be a good idea. Is this her 3rd in 2 years?
Stinger has it right. There should be an all out search for a head covering/helmet/??? that gives some extra protection. No problem with using a face mask. I think all the big companies can come up with a product that can be used at all levels of play for anyone who wants to prevent an injury or make it almost required to wear something when you have your first concussion. Caroline should be first in line with her history.

Reaction Score
Do the concussions cause permanent damage like in football?
Not a Doctor. But I do know they are accumulative. They are not getting hit hard like the force of a football game. However, an elbow is an elbow and that certainly can concuss.

Reaction Score
Feel badly for her. She was starting to find a groove and get back into rhythm. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Let’s hope some combination of Aubrey and Azzi are available for this road trip.

Reaction Score
Wearing soft helmets may be a good idea. Is this her 3rd in 2 years?
Especially for practices! Still would like to know if injury was from a fall to the floor, an elbow to the head, or what exactly.

Reaction Score
Do the concussions cause permanent damage like in football?
Stanford had a star volleyball player medically retire after several concussions. It did not turn out well for Stanford, as she sued the school. Wishing the best for Caroline

Reaction Score
I know this thread is about Caroline’s concussion protocol, but could this lead to Azzi seeing some action sooner?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stanford had a star volleyball player medically retire after several concussions. It did not turn out well for Stanford, as she sued the school. Wishing the best for Caroline

I believe they also had a basketball player, Jamie Carey, who was ruled out for her career by their medical staff, but wound up playing at Texas.

Reaction Score
So if Azzi is out today, does that make 65 points (+ Ice) on the bench?

Reaction Score
I believe they also had a basketball player, Jamie Carey, who was ruled out for her career by their medical staff, but wound up playing at Texas.
Toni Kokenis, a Stanford guard, retired due to concussions back in 2012. Here is a link to an article about her experience and work Stanford football did on concussions last decade.

Some information from the CDC about concussions:

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
yup. carey went on to play in wnba i believe, she was good.

i think she might have sued stanford too ... or threatened to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom