Caroline Ducharme on CBS Sunday | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme on CBS Sunday

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Clearly Geno believes what I believe. When you have bigs up front you surround them with shooters. Teams want to collapse the court and make it a quarter court game. Shooters force teams to make it a real half court game, and when you play four and five out it makes it impossible to defend and tough on zones. It isolates your forwards one on one on the block as well. Also shooters with length on the perimeter force the opposing offense to drive into length. Yes, athleticism on the wing is great, but if they can't shoot the defense will collapse inside making the job hard for forwards and making the dribble drive hard. Athleticism on the wing is great for your transition game, but in conference championships and during the tourney the better teams limit fast break opportunities...and when you need a shot where does it come from? Given the choice of recruiting a slightly less athletic shooter or an athletic wing that is a less than average shooter, I take the shooter most every time. Most. It's nice though to have both. Of course, having bigs that consistently finish at the rim then becomes another key.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As Caroline zoomed up the rankings and we read more about her game and saw additional video, I switched from thinking that she is a good shooter (like Saylor) to thinking that she might be an elite shooter (like Azzi). This may be my answer. On the other hand, a kid in a boot finishing second must be really, really good.

Reaction Score
As Caroline zoomed up the rankings and we read more about her game and saw additional video, I switched from thinking that she is a good shooter (like Saylor) to thinking that she might be an elite shooter (like Azzi). This may be my answer. On the other hand, a kid in a boot finishing second must be really, really good.
To be quite honest after only watching her highlight videos posted by esteemed BYers I can't really get a good pulse on how good she reall is. I mean when Caroline committved to UCONN many had her in the 20s and 30s rankings and then Hoopgurlz had her up to top 5. I believe some on the board (I think CoCo) may have said she's closer to top 20 than top 5. Do we have any more insight into this. I think Raven Johnson has also seen a big jump in ranking and hype.

Reaction Score
Do you happen to know if a foul was called then? Is there video? Perhaps on Mulkey twitter?
1617137782501.gif

Here is video of the suspect!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To be quite honest after only watching her highlight videos posted by esteemed BYers I can't really get a good pulse on how good she reall is. I mean when Caroline committved to UCONN many had her in the 20s and 30s rankings and then Hoopgurlz had her up to top 5. I believe some on the board (I think CoCo) may have said she's closer to top 20 than top 5. Do we have any more insight into this. I think Raven Johnson has also seen a big jump in ranking and hype.
Caroline is the 3rd highest rated recruit in the list of 4 coming to UCONN in the composite ranking
  • 5 - HG
  • 11 - PN
  • 7 - BS
  • 9 - ASGR
  • 15 - Prep Girls
  • 14 - World Exposure Report
Composite ranking - 10.2. For reference, Azzi is #1 (unanimous across the board), Amari 6.2, and Saylor 16.7...

I put this in a thread a while ago, but recruit for recruit, UCONN's are higher than SC's. Meaning our #1 is higher than theirs. our #2 is composite higher than theirs, etc. It's one reason I laugh every time somone from ESPN talks about the #1 class coming in next year as SC's class. Theirs is good, just nowhere near as good as ours (composite). We will see 5 years from now when all are seniors and we can compare their careers...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom