Carlton Interview, looks like he means business. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carlton Interview, looks like he means business.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I really like Carlton and think he showed a lot more last season than his freshman year.

Really need a big year from him as the front court is dangerously thin.
The way he came on at the end of last season, I won’t be surprised if we get it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The way he came on at the end of last season, I won’t be surprised if we get it.

I'm not sure where the doubt comes from. He dominated at times late last year. He has added 25 pounds of muscle and is now 265. At 6'11 265 he'd be one of the bigger guys in the NBA. He lacks explosive athleticism. No question. But his skill level around the basket is well above average and nobody in the college game is moving him off the blocks now.

We will need to feed him. And he will need to avoid fouls. But if we do those two things he's a high teens and 8-10 rebound a game guy.

Reaction Score
To be an NBA guy, he’s going to have to be able to show the ability to step away from the hoop and knockdown shots. Unfortunately, I don’t know if this year we’ll have the luxury of being able to allow him to expand that part of his game

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I really like Carlton and think he showed a lot more last season than his freshman year.

Really need a big year from him as the front court is dangerously thin.
Op talks about two things. One is that he references a good article about Carlton putting in the work. The second is his opinion that it could get Carlton into the NBA.

The Boneyard goes off on the opinion and not over the kid working hard to improve his play.

Just love it.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure where the doubt comes from. He dominated at times late last year. He has added 25 pounds of muscle and is now 265. At 6'11 265 he'd be one of the bigger guys in the NBA. He lacks explosive athleticism. No question. But his skill level around the basket is well above average and nobody in the college game is moving him off the blocks now.

We will need to feed him. And he will need to avoid fouls. But if we do those two things he's a high teens and 8-10 rebound a game guy.
Do you really think he's a legit 6'11 265 lbs. and would be one of the biggest guys in the NBA?

I hope he has a big season but come on, some of the Carlton posts are over the top.

Reaction Score
Do you really think he's a legit 6'11 265 lbs. and would be one of the biggest guys in the NBA?

I hope he has a big season but come on, some of the Carlton posts are over the top.
If he goes 6’11” and say 285 with + 20 lbs. he would be plenty big enough. Remembermuch less intimidating Travis Knight making lots of dough in the NBA? We used to scream to get him OUT of gameswhen he was a sophomore/junior at times.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If he goes 6’11” and say 285 with + 20 lbs. he would be plenty big enough. Remembermuch less intimidating Travis Knight making lots of dough in the NBA? We used to scream to get him OUT of gameswhen he was a sophomore/junior at times.

That was a loooooong time ago. The game has changed completely.

And not for nothing, but he just put on 25lbs or so, might be hard for him to carry another 20 without losing anything.

Reaction Score
Big Carlton fan and I’m not doubting he has a chance to play in the NBA. He’s bigger and stronger than last year but he’s not 6’11 265. MAU may have more accurate mausurements but my guess 6’9.5” / 250 something

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think he’s a legit 6’10. He’s clearly grown. He’s also much stronger. Suffice to say his measurements are no more exaggerated than anybody else he will face.

Reaction Score
Big Carlton fan and I’m not doubting he has a chance to play in the NBA. He’s bigger and stronger than last year but he’s not 6’11 265. MAU may have more accurate mausurements but my guess 6’9.5” / 250 something

I believe your mausurements to be very accurate imno I'm on the same thought process. If he gained 15-20 lbs of muscle he will be tougher but even more important another year of finding his way around the hoop offensively, footwork could be very impressive. After all 2nd half of the year showed a real nice jump. Very interested to see him again could be a special college player for us. Staying out of foul trouble a big key also but he did well for the most part last year, smart kid.

Reaction Score
He’s still got 2 more seasons. He’s got a good chance. But I think one of the problems was he dominated against the weaker teams in the conference and was average at best against the top teams. That’s something that I expect to see change this year, but that has to do with him being less athletic than the other bigs of top teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe your mausurements to be very accurate imno I'm on the same thought process. If he gained 15-20 lbs of muscle he will be tougher but even more important another year of finding his way around the hoop offensively, footwork could be very impressive. After all 2nd half of the year showed a real nice jump. Very interested to see him again could be a special college player for us. Staying out of foul trouble a big key also but he did well for the most part last year, smart kid.
Carlton has been steadily putting the work in since he got here. Really took him time to find his way, we all saw this, but made great strides last year. Watching his highlights there is so much to like. Josh is on track to kill it this year, he may have an off game here or there, fouls, tough matchups, but on the whole I think he's really going to be an impact player this year. Convinced that for the next two years we are solid at the 5, at least in the respect of the starters minutes.

Reaction Score
Arthur loses a credibility when he lists Steve Enoch as the number five center in the country.
Steve’s going to have a good year. He’s big and powerful. He was young and immature while here and didn’t get the guidance he needed. It probably would have been a different story under DH. Steve really needed that extra year to mature.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Steve did what so many have asked about for other players in the past. He spent the summer on campus working on his strength and skills and this is the result. He should be commended for that alone. I suspect he will be greatly rewarded for his efforts in both character and basketball skills. Hopefully we will see more of this hunger in future years.

Leading by example.

Reaction Score
Wingspan is as important as height for shot blocking and overall center play. Would love to know that number. Doesn't seem like we know any wingspan for UConn players.

Reaction Score
Arthur loses a credibility when he lists Steve Enoch as the number five center in the country.
And right now that's the difference between playing on a team like Louisville and playing on a UConn team that has been off the national radar for 3 years. That changes this year.

Reaction Score
Steve did what so many have asked about for other players in the past. He spent the summer on campus working on his strength and skills and this is the result. He should be commended for that alone. I suspect he will be greatly rewarded for his efforts in both character and basketball skills. Hopefully we will see more of this hunger in future years.

Leading by example.
You meant Josh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom