Carlos Daniel's first tweet | The Boneyard

Carlos Daniel's first tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I loved the team workout video the other day with medicine balls. I realize every strength coacch does that, but they're really great for grip strength, stability, and power. I hope it's a point of emphasis along with a focused diet for these guys.

Reaction Score
I think this is the one coach that NO ONE should be doubting at all.

Disclaimer: I'm not condoning the doubt of any other coach, get hyped.

C

Chief00

I loved the team workout video the other day with medicine balls. I realize every strength coacch does that, but they're really great for grip strength, stability, and power. I hope it's a point of emphasis along with a focused diet for these guys.

"Power" - I used to get ripped in the threads for criticizing Travis for not considering the importance of sheer power.

Reaction Score
Anthony Davis BEFORE Carlos Daniels vs Anthony Davis AFTER Carlos Daniels
upload_2017-6-14_11-18-3.png

Reaction Score
This hire could easily prove to be as important as Chillious. Lack of development of our big men was cited multiple times this spring for one of big reasons of mass exodus... and understandably so. We all saw it and lamented - often loudly - on this board over the last few years. I'm amazed we got this guy to come here and be our Strength and Conditioning coach. That is a coup.

The gymnastics-type workout is great - for gymnastics. Carlos Daniel has proven he can develop strength and muscle on young men given time. I really look forward to seeing what our guys look like (and play like) come November.

Do we dare to dream that Cincinnati will not push us around like rag dolls this year? I like so many of you got sick and tired of watching that crap the last couple of years...

Hey Chief, we are actually on the same side on this one :cool:

Reaction Score
"Power" - I used to get ripped in the threads for criticizing Travis for not considering the importance of sheer power.

You didn't get ripped by me Chief. Anyone that's watched our bigs get pushed around and bullied by SMU and Cincy for 4 years would agree. This S&C hire will also be huge for player development.

Reaction Score
Imagine Brimah with a year of Daniels

Just as much with - Facey. When I think of how many times, particularly late in the year, he was missing bunnies because he was not powering the ball up through defenders. He had a nice build, but was definitely missing the brute strength needed to be a consistent force as a power forward. That was driving me crazy!

As Big Daddy O used to say: "TAKE IT TO THE HOLE SHAQUILLE!!!"

We are all starving to see our big men take it to the basket with "auth-or-i-TAY" again. Please God, make it so.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Facey and Brimah both got bigger and stronger. Brimah lacked any semblance of balance and lateral mobility, plus his weak hands. Facey didn't have an aggressive nature, it's up to the coaches to improve that in players whome it doesn't come naturally. Hopefully Daniel can be a part of that development for our bigs.

Reaction Score
I don't expect too many results just yet. The kids need to be on a program for 2-3 years. That's when I'll expect to visibly see results.

Reaction Score
5-6 months is 100% enough time to put on atleast 5-7 lbs and get exponentially stronger , just from personal experience. Really hope to see a change in larriers physique, because those massive knee injuries aren't just due to "bad luck" , mostly they have to do with not doing the right functional strength lifts/movements in the gym.

C

Chief00

Facey and Brimah both got bigger and stronger. Brimah lacked any semblance of balance and lateral mobility, plus his weak hands. Facey didn't have an aggressive nature, it's up to the coaches to improve that in players whome it doesn't come naturally. Hopefully Daniel can be a part of that development for our bigs.
We need to bury the Travis era of excuses.

Reaction Score
Preaching to the choir - no more girly workouts in his gym. Reminds me a lot of Clyde.
Run them ragged! The best thing my coaches did for myself and everyone else was have us run A LOT and do a lot of conditioning related drills. We ran so much, games were almost like a ¨vacation¨ from the practices.

Hills were the worst but I swear that was what gave us that extra boost in the closing minutes or that extra push at the end of races and probably won us 2nd in states because of how many people we passed in the final 100 meters.

Reaction Score
5-6 months is 100% enough time to put on atleast 5-7 lbs and get exponentially stronger , just from personal experience. Really hope to see a change in larriers physique, because those massive knee injuries aren't just due to "bad luck" , mostly they have to do with not doing the right functional strength lifts/movements in the gym.

For gains, I agree. I am confident that for elite athletes, it'll require a full off-season and season on diet and lifting programs. We could see some results, I'm just not expecting miracles or transformations just yet.

Reaction Score
5-6 months is 100% enough time

Absolutely, especially at that age. Even just 1 month of dedication will lead to surprising results in regards to strength, speed and stamina. I know from experience!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
5-6 months is 100% enough time to put on atleast 5-7 lbs and get exponentially stronger , just from personal experience.
Except for the "get exponentially stronger" part, just from personal experience I know I can easily put on 5-7 pounds in two weeks or less.

Reaction Score
I am proud to say that I am employing the "What would Dogbreath2u do?" analysis to omit the reply I was going to make.

You know what, I've used that analysis in some replies thus far, in other words I haven't replied thinking of Db2u.

Going to do my best, difficult for me, but I seriously will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom