Carla Berube would have to be front runner to replace Geno | The Boneyard

Carla Berube would have to be front runner to replace Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My Blessings too….she makes so so teams better and if she comes to UCONN after Geno and CD she will make good teams great ….make them CHAMPIONS

Reaction Score
Presuming the coaching staff stays as is, CD leaves when Geno goes, one has to wonder what that would do with Jamelle, Morgan and Tonya? Look at what happened with Beth Cunningham when Muffet left, Beth figuring she was due the job..

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Right now she is young enough. When Geno leaves she will be in her 50s probably. Early 50s ok. later 50s makes it harder but when she is in her later 50’s i’ll either be a pile of ashes or non compos mentis (if I’m not already) so it probably won’t matter to me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Presuming the coaching staff stays as is, CD leaves when Geno goes, one has to wonder what that would do with Jamelle, Morgan and Tonya? Look at what happened with Beth Cunningham when Muffet left, Beth figuring she was due the job..
I'm not so sure it's an issue. They've all had the opportunity to be a head coach and none of them distinguished themselves. Being an assistant at Connecticut is a pretty good gig.

For what it's worth, CD may decide to take the head coaching gig for a year or two to allow for a smooth transition.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure it's an issue. They've all had the opportunity to be a head coach and none of them distinguished themselves. Being an assistant at Connecticut is a pretty good gig.

For what it's worth, CD may decide to take the head coaching gig for a year or two to allow for a smooth transition.
CD staying on would defy the odds, to many…. Carla doing a great job with Princeton, no question, but doesn't have the schedule that Temple or Cincinnati’s had when Jamelle and Tonya had their head coaching gigs so not so sure apples to apples. Carla’s recruiting pool and then strategies/techniques for recruiting that pool would need an uptick.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
CD staying on would defy the odds, to many…. Carla doing a great job with Princeton, no question, but doesn't have the schedule that Temple or Cincinnati’s had when Jamelle and Tonya had their head coaching gigs so not so sure apples to apples. Carla’s recruiting pool and then strategies/techniques for recruiting that pool would need an uptick.
Cincinnati never played the #3 ranked team - unless it was UConn and had no choice

Reaction Score
Carla Berube would have to be front runner to replace Geno whenever that may be? She can coach, wins where ever she’s been (810) winning pct.
Uconn would be a big jump for her , Especially in recruiting. I would go Shea if not then an outsider who has proven to recruit big time.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I could see CD staying on as an Associate HC if Shea or Carla or another Uconn connection got the job, to help with the transition for a year or two.

Reaction Score
Clearly those two. Off results without a great deal of talent: Berube. Off experience recruiting top ranked talent in the nation: Ralph. Hence: toss-up. Off looks of each progam, we'd be incredibly well-served with either.

Given what she's done with Princeton: lean Berube.

Clearly the Ivy League academic environment didn't rub off on the reporter: ""If you'RE alma mater calls you..." :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Uconn would be a big jump for her , Especially in recruiting. I would go Shea if not then an outsider who has proven to recruit big time.
Unlike Shea, Carla has coached at two schools (Tufts, Princeton) where the pool of recruits is limited. Players still have to qualify academically and those are two excellent universities.

Reaction Score
Don’t want to upset anyone, but I just don’t see either of them coming here. They’re both in highly stable environments, and UConn is anything but in today’s conference alignment and realignment. Who knows what tomorrow brings?

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Unlike Shea, Carla has coached at two schools (Tufts, Princeton) where the pool of recruits is limited. Players still have to qualify academically and those are two excellent universities.
yes, yet she has been able to 'recruit' players that form teams that win at astonishing rates. that's mighty impressive.

Reaction Score
It's a pick'em situation. Call them both, first one to say "yes" gets the job. There, problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom