Carl -stop being a | The Boneyard

Carl -stop being a

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I want to send a message out to Puppy: tell Lyle to keep fighting the good fight and keep working hard. A great many of UConnNation are pulling for him, and we're wishing him the very best! I hope he breaks his single-game record of 160+ yards against Louisville, and I'll be there with you cheering him on!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
If there was ever a thread that deserved a +1 many times over, this is it.

We can bash each other, good naturedly or not, all we want but the kids and their families are off limits.

Reaction Score
You're clearly a huge fan but calling out a parent on here was very douchey. Crossed a line there.

Really? I called out a parent? I'm pretty sure if that person really is a parent, they just tried to pick a fight with me, over things I"ve written. BTW: I haven't 'called out a parent" for anything, I've been talking about players, and not just a player that I've singled out, a player that was benched by the current head coach for showboating.

If I have broken some rule or law, with the things I write, the moderators of this board need to let me know ASAP. I would like some feedback here.

I have not written anything fabricated, other than what amounts to my own opinon. On Saturday, I was watching the game in my living room, I had a former roomate from UCONN that was in Orlando at the game, and I received messages from friends all around the country. I'll add now that feedback included both uconn general student alumni, and uconn football alumni, and other sports uconn alumni, and we all concurred in our opinions of this team, and specific players, at the time, the summation of which I've put here in my own words.

I do think it's really time that I stop writing around here though, I think it's pretty sad, that so few people, really get what I'm talking about.

Reaction Score
I want to send a message out to Puppy: tell Lyle to keep fighting the good fight and keep working hard. A great many of UConnNation are pulling for him, and we're wishing him the very best! I hope he breaks his single-game record of 160+ yards against Louisville, and I'll be there with you cheering him on!!! :cool:
Carl, you and the Alum are wrong. Plain and simple.
Really? I called out a parent? I'm pretty sure if that person really is a parent, they just tried to pick a fight with me, over things I"ve written. BTW: I haven't 'called out a parent" for anything, I've been talking about players, and not just a player that I've singled out, a player that was benched by the current head coach for showboating.

If I have broken some rule or law, with the things I write, the moderators of this board need to let me know ASAP. I would like some feedback here.

I have not written anything fabricated, other than what amounts to my own opinon. On Saturday, I was watching the game in my living room, I had a former roomate from UCONN that was in Orlando at the game, and I received messages from friends all around the country. I'll add now that feedback included both uconn general student alumni, and uconn football alumni, and other sports uconn alumni, and we all concurred in our opinions of this team, and specific players, at the time, the summation of which I've put here in my own words.

I do think it's really time that I stop writing around here though, I think it's pretty sad, that so few people, really get what I'm talking about.

Carl, let it go...come have a drink at the parent tailgate.
No bad feelings..

THC

Reaction Score

Bye, and tell HuskyFanDan we said hello. Many times when you believe you're surrounded by as, you may in fact be the a.

Reaction Score
Carl, you and the Alum are wrong. Plain and simple.

Carl, let it go...come have a drink at the parent tailgate.
No bad feelings..

Not where I hang out before games. I've been a coach in sports for many years at every level you can imagine. I have been involved with sports as a player, coaching, administration, evaluation, for my entire life. Parents, by far, are the worst part of athletics. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt by the things I've written, if you are who you say you are. I really am, but I think maybe you need to realize that opinions are just opinions and everyone's got one. It's a cultural thing that players shoudlb e off limits for criticism here, and clearly, people are uncomfortable with this kind of criticism. Maybe, just maybe, I've lit a fire bright enough somewhere, that we'll actually play hard enough, long enough and disciplined enough to win a ****** game.

So - thanks for the offer - but no thanks, you think I'm dumb enough to walk into an ambush?

Reaction Score
You're clearly a huge fan but calling out a parent on here was very douchey. Crossed a line there.
What was the post that everyone is referring to?

Reaction Score
Coach Carl, ???

Really, ambush??
Obviously your mouth is writting checks your arse can't cash.
The peace offering still stands though.

Reaction Score
meg·a·lo·ma·nia noun \ˌme-gə-lō-ˈmā-nē-ə, -nyə\
: a condition or mental illness that causes people to think that they have great or unlimited power or importance

Full Definition of MEGALOMANIA
: a mania for great or grandiose performance
: a delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur
— meg·a·lo·ma·ni·ac adjective or noun
— meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a·cal also meg·a·lo·man·ic adjective
— meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a·cal·ly adverb
See megalomania defined for English-language learners »

Examples of MEGALOMANIA
The Boneyard has posters who have an arrogance that borders on megalomania.

Origin of MEGALOMANIA
New Latin/Boneyard
First Known Use: 1887

Reaction Score
I'm going back through the posts and don't see anything. Can you give me the title of the post?

Reaction Score
Okay, I was just curious because of the other posts by Carl about showboating I tended to agree with his thoughts.

Reaction Score
Not where I hang out before games. I've been a coach in sports for many years at every level you can imagine. I have been involved with sports as a player, coaching, administration, evaluation, for my entire life. Parents, by far, are the worst part of athletics. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt by the things I've written, if you are who you say you are. I really am, but I think maybe you need to realize that opinions are just opinions and everyone's got one. It's a cultural thing that players shoudlb e off limits for criticism here, and clearly, people are uncomfortable with this kind of criticism. Maybe, just maybe, I've lit a fire bright enough somewhere, that we'll actually play hard enough, long enough and disciplined enough to win a game.

So - thanks for the offer - but no thanks, you think I'm dumb enough to walk into an ambush?

Wow...just wow. You really are one messed up dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom