Cardoso committed to Cuse

Reaction Score
Committed to cuse just now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191106-220102_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20191106-220102_Instagram.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 450
Reaction Score
wow that's an interesting choice............................they certainly have a history of recruiting foreign born players........................nice to see the talent spread around WBB............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Cardoso is academically eligible yet?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
WOW! That is huge for Syracuse. As a Syracuse resident and season ticket holder, this is exciting.
I am still curious to know if Cardoso is actually eligible for a scholarship yet, or if Coach Q basically took a flier by offering her a scholarship with the hope that she can qualify before the start of next season.

Reaction Score
I am still curious to know if Cardoso is actually eligible for a scholarship yet, or if Coach Q basically took a flier by offering her a scholarship with the hope that she can qualify before the start of next season.
On a similar note, is there a reason E Martinez didn’t play in West Virginia’s exhibition game?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I still see no general report in any mainstream news venue. I would have thought this would be out there by now ??? :confused::confused:

Any links ?

Reaction Score
I still see no general report in any mainstream news venue. I would have thought this would be out there by now ??? :confused::confused:

Any links ?
Her instagram.. she thanked all coaches.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

How does that work if the school (Hillsman) offers her a scholarship, but she fails to meet the minimum requirement to qualify for one?

Is the school under any obligation? Do they allow her to enroll with her eligibility status still up in the air? I would think not since it was offered with certain mutually agreed and understood assumptions.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Any links ?
She announced it on her own Instagram account:

Reaction Score
How does that work if the school (Hillsman) offers her a scholarship, but she fails to meet the minimum requirement to qualify for one?

Is the school under any obligation? Do they allow her to enroll with her eligibility status still up in the air? I would think not since it was offered with certain mutually agreed and understood assumptions.
Basically she could sign scholarship papers but would not be eligible to receive the benefit of the scholarship or participate in basketball activities if she didn’t qualify under NCAA guidelines. I guess there may be exceptions to this.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

I don’t know how it works today but back in 2001 there was a Mr. Football out of FL by the name of Andre Reese who every college wanted until academic issues came up. He didn’t have enough core courses and/or high enough grades on standardized tests. East Carolina was the only D1 school to offer him a scholarship, contingent on Reese becoming eligible. He did not, and ended up at a JC in Kansas, and then a second JC somewhere and that’s the last anyone heard of him.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Basically she could sign scholarship papers but would not be eligible to receive the benefit of the scholarship or participate in basketball activities if she didn’t qualify under NCAA guidelines. I guess there may be exceptions to this.

I guess she could walk on, but who pays her tuition? Mom & dad? Student loans perhaps? No doubt Hillsman will figure something out.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I guess she could walk on, but who pays her tuition? Mom & dad? Student loans perhaps?
I used to live in Syracuse. If you’re not going to play basketball, not sure why anyone would want to face the brutal Syracuse winter where the average snowfall is 124”.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It is worth noting that with the addition of Cardoso, Syracuse’s freshman class next season is now up to 6.

Carnac

Reaction Score
It is worth noting that with the addition of Cardoso, Syracuse’s freshman class next season is now up to 6.

It will be interesting to see how many of those 6 recruits stay there all 4 years, since entering the transfer portal has become the new normal.

Carnac

Reaction Score
perhaps a work/study arrangement where she could sweep the gym after practice? ;)

In most circles folks would call that serious “reach”. Or a bridge too far. :) You can bet Q will come up with something to get her in uniform and on the floor.

Reaction Score
I used to live in Syracuse. If you’re not going to play basketball, not sure why anyone would want to face the brutal Syracuse winter where the average snowfall is 124”.
Remember those winters, people tunneling to get out of their houses, and laughing when people said to me “you’re from Colorado. You’re used to snow.” “Yeah,” I replied. “Melting.”

Reaction Score
I guess she could walk on, but who pays her tuition? Mom & dad? Student loans perhaps? No doubt Hillsman will figure something out.
If she didn’t qualify then she couldn’t play basketball. My apologies if I didn’t understand your comment.

Reaction Score
My daughter graduated from Cuse. She loved her 4 years there. She was a soccer player. I think being from California she just wanted something different.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Cardoso hasn’t qualified yet, I’ll give Q some credit. The Cuse just edged mid-major Ohio in their opener the other night so it could be a long season. They need better players if they hope to compete with ND, Louisville and the other top programs in the ACC. He’s got nothing to lose by offering Cardoso a scholarship and everything to gain if she qualifies academically.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom