Car Wash Has Some Big Deals... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Car Wash Has Some Big Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, all of the "tales from the car wash" threads are clearly labeled. Whether you think they are actually "Quasi-insider information" or fanfiction, a lot of people seem to get a kick out of them.

This reminds me a bit of the poster loves to get on the "non-key tweet" thread and repeatedly and angrily explain to the rest of the board that the sources aren't credible. Personally, I think the rest of us are probably able to figure that out on our own.
You mean I read all 542 pages and 16200 replies of the non - key tweets and it is not true. Oh what a waste of time. I thought if it is on the Internet it has to be true.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You mean I read all 542 pages and 16200 replies of the non - key tweets and it is not true. Oh what a waste of time. I thought if it is on the Internet it has to be true.
Sorry, I should have put a "Spoiler Alert" warning on that post.;)

[Man, I read 500+ pages of that stuff? I really need another hobby.]

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, all of the "tales from the car wash" threads are clearly labeled. Whether you think they are actually "Quasi-insider information" or fanfiction, a lot of people seem to get a kick out of them.

This reminds me a bit of the poster that loves to get on the "non-key tweet" thread and repeatedly and angrily explain to the rest of the board that the sources aren't credible. Personally, I think the rest of us are probably able to figure that out on our own.

You keep saying that but it's not actually true. There are many people who take non-key tweets as having validity. The evidence is all over the board - but instead you keep saying everyone knows it's not true - you know except for the parts they believe.

As for the car wash threads there probably aren't many left but plenty of people thought they were legitimate at the start.

You are completely missing that people want to hear from anywhere what they want to be true. This is why Flugar has such wide support around here even though he has never been right about anything but wrestling. He tweets what the people here want to hear.

For the love of God, Waylon spent a half dozen posts explaining how Flugar was like a journalist and had concocted BTM out of multiple sources. Got a bunch of likes for his post - but yeah no one believes anything on the non-key thread.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You keep saying that but it's not actually true. There are many people who take non-key tweets as having validity. The evidence is all over the board - but instead you keep saying everyone knows it's not true - you know except for the parts they believe.

As for the car wash threads there probably aren't many left but plenty of people thought they were legitimate at the start.

You are completely missing that people want to hear from anywhere what they want to be true. This is why Flugar has such wide support around here even though he has never been right about anything but wrestling. He tweets what the people here want to hear.

I think people are (or should be) smart enough to decide for themselves. They don't need a hall monitor telling them what to believe and what not to. We don't know if the non-key tweets (or even the key tweets) are true, they may or may not be. We know that we can't rely on them as true or accurate or based on any valid information. That's not the same thing as saying that we should assume that they are just always wrong.

Yes, we want good news, so we will gravitate to those who are giving it to us. But the reality is that all the news, good and bad, is equally suspect. So why buy in to the negative?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think people are (or should be) smart enough to decide for themselves. They don't need a hall monitor telling them what to believe and what not to. We don't know if the non-key tweets (or even the key tweets) are true, they may or may not be. We know that we can't rely on them as true or accurate or based on any valid information. That's not the same thing as saying that we should assume that they are just always wrong.

Yes, we want good news, so we will gravitate to those who are giving it to us. But the reality is that all the news, good and bad, is equally suspect. So why buy in to the negative?

Clearly many aren't smart enough to know what the difference between credible and non-credible.

Maybe you remember the 'Fridayish' tweetgate from last week or the week before.

I'll try not to help people understand the difference because it upsets CL so much - but he is completely wrong that people don't believe non-credible nonsense.

Reaction Score
1911ca.jpg

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't take the car wash thread seriously, hence last night. Clearly he's making everything up or he's being played by someone and is gullible enough to a) believe what he hears and b) share it here. I just get majorly annoyed everytime I see another thread on it. It's like a bad joke that's run its course but keeps coming back like a case of herpes.

Nevertheless I apologize for littering the board with a petty back and forth with athlete for no reason. I will just ignore these threads to the best of my abilities from now on.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I don't take the car wash thread seriously, hence last night. Clearly he's making everything up or he's being played by someone and is gullible enough to a) believe what he hears and b) share it here. I just get majorly annoyed everytime I see another thread on it. It's like a bad joke that's run its course but keeps coming back like a case of herpes.

Nevertheless I apologize for littering the board with a petty back and forth with athlete for no reason. I will just ignore these threads to the best of my abilities from now on.

Bravo!

giphy.gif

CL82

Reaction Score
It's like a bad joke that's run its course but keeps coming back like a case of herpes.

Lol, I will be using that analogy at some point in the future.

derek-jeter-nephew-respect-tip-of-cap.jpg

Clearly many aren't smart enough to know what the difference between credible and non-credible.

Maybe you remember the 'Fridayish' tweetgate from last week or the week before.

I'll try not to help people understand the difference because it upsets CL so much - but he is completely wrong that people don't believe non-credible nonsense.

Yeah, I don't know. I sense that most understand that a thread entitled "Non-Key Tweets" doesn't contain "key" information. Posters discuss them because that's the whole point of the thread to discuss non-key tweets.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your forbearance and concern for my well being and I give you this rare foiless Conspiracy Kitty head shot as a thank you.

aging-cat.jpg

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Bravo!

giphy.gif

Lol come on. Apologizing for a brief bout of immaturity is not retreating. In fact I still hold the same opinion I held yesterday!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Lol come on. Apologizing for a brief bout of immaturity is not retreating. In fact I still hold the same opinion I held yesterday!
Matt: It took a man, sure of his convictions yet unsure of his presentation, to bow out gracefully as you did. Sorry of the gif didn't convey that. I was going to use a "falling on his sword" gif but that one was rather bloody.

Reaction Score
But you do realize you DO take this car wash stuff seriously? I couldn't even type all those words even if I did take it seriously.

Reaction Score
I just have to say, I know we shouldn't take these threads seriously, but Athlete is going to need to create a new account if we don't get into the Big XII. Some people might rag on him pretty hard after an announcement is made, but there will be some who will continue to berate him basically forever.

Reaction Score
I just have to say, I know we shouldn't take these threads seriously, but Athlete is going to need to create a new account if we don't get into the Big XII. Some people might rag on him pretty hard after an announcement is made, but there will be some who will continue to berate him basically forever.
Hey, his source said B1G news is possible, too!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I love the car wash threads. With any of this stuff, whether car wash, or Flugaur, or MH3... I think it's much more likely that people know people that hear things than waste their lives making poop up. That doesn't mean I take any of it as gospel, far from it. I also think that information travels at different speeds, so it ebbs and flows. It's entertaining.

The Dude totally makes it all up though, he's a basement dwelling fraud.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
But you do realize you DO take this car wash stuff seriously? I couldn't even type all those words even if I did take it seriously.

I guess in a roundabout way... I don't take the content seriously because it's all a crock but I take the subject of realignment seriously because it is athletic department life or death.

Reaction Score
I guess in a roundabout way... I don't take the content seriously because it's all a crock but I take the subject of realignment seriously because it is athletic department life or death.
The Big Ten, the SEC, etc, are not even done expanding. I doubt the ACC is done. It's not as if ND is the only option for 15 or 16. For now, yes. For the future, no.

CL82

Reaction Score
This is blasphemy!
It's a publicity head shot for her upcoming book "Or is it?" Annie Liebowitz did the photo. She put a foil reflective shield above her head and gave CK considerable catnip. Apparently that was the same approach she had to take with Demi Moore.

Reaction Score

RIP Harambe.

Reaction Score
Word from the car wash WF RR guy is that his source says rumor inside the ACC is that the Big 12 will announce the expansion candidates on or before August 29. I said I hope they're right, the suspense is killing me. UCONN is one of the candidates, TV still drives the bus and the expansion will be 4, not 2. He stands by the 4, UCONN, BYU, CINCY and HOUSTON. There you have it, go UCONN !!!!
OK 94 it has been 2 weeks need an update

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Some people read the National Enquirer and some closely follow WWE story lines, I don't feel any civic duty to tell them not to. When it comes to CR, if the guillotine blade is going to take months to fall, I'd prefer reading, while it's on the way down, that maybe it's going to miss. Besides, arguing about what is or isn't credible on an internet message board is kind of like walking into a neighborhood bar and telling the regulars to quit BS'ing. You may be right but it's not likely to end well for you.

Reaction Score
It's like a bad joke that's run its course but keeps coming back like a case of herpes.
Lol, I will be using that analogy at some point in the future.
Tread cautiously my friend lest some of us run-of-the-mill reprobates conclude you have first-hand knowledge of herpes like a total reprobate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom