caption this pic...dyson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

caption this pic...dyson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Gavin had his best year that year whether he was out drinking or not so that's ridiculous.......
Stanley was just really gifted and much like Roscoe would show, never improved what he needed to for the next level. Still was an impact to the program and was a great story in staying and working hard to get back.
Kemba I agree but it's tough to do that as a sophomore even if you are the PG....he was the leader in the 2nd half and much better.
Instead of pointing at anyone as underachieving, it was the whole team and maybe because they just weren't that good?

My memory (such as it is) was that Dyson tried to take over, play more point, and generally try to do more than he could or should because Kemba was not being very effective as the point guard. Dyson's game came unglued when he tried to do too much.

Reaction Score
Dude, did Mr. Dyson steal your girlfriend or something? And it wasn't in Sticks' makeup to be the man. He was very passive and couldn't create his own shot.
1 got drafted the other didn't. There's a reason why!! If Sticks got the ball as much as Dyson did that year Stanley would have been a at least late first round pick with a guaranteed contract right now!! Its a total shame what happen that year, A complete debacle!!

Reaction Score
At the heart of what I was getting at was that people on this board have referred to him as a locker room cancer and other such things, without ever having met a single player or coach in their life. That's what bothers me.
Im probley Jerome Dyson's hardest critic on this forum. I have never said he was a "locker room cancer" He doesn't seem to come off that way and i wasn't in the locker room to know if he was or not. What i didn't like about him was he was trying way to hard to impress NBA scouts that year. He tried to get himself drafted that year. He knew he had to make up for lost times due to injury and other things that kept him off the court and with a lot of guys leaving from the past year he thought he was a made man and could do what he wanted. Jerome put him self first that year and the team second. The scouts at the games were there for STANLEY ROBINSON or players on the opposing team not him. But he tried to do everything in his selfish power to try to get there attention. It didn't work for him (went undrafted) and didn't help the team. (first round NIT lost at home) In conclusion I think his head got big his senior year and wanted to go to the NBA so bad that he put the team second. That's what bothers me.

Reaction Score
Im probley Jerome Dyson's hardest critic on this forum. I have never said he was a "locker room cancer" He doesn't seem to come off that way and i wasn't in the locker room to know if he was or not. What i didn't like about him was he was trying way to hard to impress NBA scouts that year. He tried to get himself drafted that year. He knew he had to make up for lost times due to injury and other things that kept him off the court and with a lot of guys leaving from the past year he thought he was a made man and could do what he wanted. Jerome put him self first that year and the team second. The scouts at the games were there for STANLEY ROBINSON or players on the opposing team not him. But he tried to do everything in his selfish power to try to get there attention. It didn't work for him (went undrafted) and didn't help the team. (first round NIT lost at home) In conclusion I think his head got big his senior year and wanted to go to the NBA so bad that he put the team second. That's what bothers me.
Dyson would have been a first round pick the year before if he didn't injure his knee... Stanley never lived to his hype. I love Sticks, was a pleasure to watch jump 4 feet above the rim, but he offered little else other than an exciting play once a game.

Reaction Score
Dyson would have been a first round pick the year before if he didn't injure his knee... Stanley never lived to his hype. I love Sticks, was a pleasure to watch jump 4 feet above the rim, but he offered little else other than an exciting play once a game.
ahahahahhaha Jerome Dyson a first round pick in the 2009 draft ahahahahahah your on some serious drugs bro!

Reaction Score
ahahahahhaha Jerome Dyson a first round pick in the 2009 draft ahahahahahah your on some serious drugs bro!
I wish I was. But it's true. You can repaint history anyway you'd like, but he was a stud prospect that season and would have been gone after that season had he not injured the knee
And as far as him being referred to as a cancer- I don't know how to search for specific key words on this board, but I'm sure if you entered "cancer" and "Jerome Dyson" you would find a large number of board members refer to him as such.

Reaction Score
I wish I was. But it's true. You can repaint history anyway you'd like, but he was a stud prospect that season and would have been gone after that season had he not injured the knee
And as far as him being referred to as a cancer- I don't know how to search for specific key words on this board, but I'm sure if you entered "cancer" and "Jerome Dyson" you would find a large number of board members refer to him as such.
I could give you that he could have got drafted but I am doing a little research on nbadraft.net and i only read of Jerome going mid second round at best. Cant find of anything of him going first round at all. I do feel that Jerome was not a cancer but I think he had some selfishness his senior year.

Reaction Score
I could give you that he could have got drafted but I am doing a little research on nbadraft.net and i only read of Jerome going mid second round at best. Cant find of anything of him going first round at all. I do feel that Jerome was not a cancer but I think he had some selfishness his senior year.
Define selfishness... did he try and take over games when his team was (by many fans and media members standards) underachieving? Was that the best thing for the team? I have to assume it was because otherwise I imagine Coach would yank him. If the way he played continued, and he continued to play 30+ minutes, I have to go with the assumption that that is what Coach thought was best for the team.

MAUConn fan may have hit on something before, maybe the team just wasn't that good (paraphrase).
Maybe Jerome was doing as he was instructed, or what he believed would help them win. You see it as selfish, I saw it as a kid who bashed his face into the court, got up, pulled out a few teeth, and kept playing. I loved his heart. Some don't.

Reaction Score
Define selfishness... did he try and take over games when his team was (by many fans and media members standards) underachieving? Was that the best thing for the team? I have to assume it was because otherwise I imagine Coach would yank him. If the way he played continued, and he continued to play 30+ minutes, I have to go with the assumption that that is what Coach thought was best for the team.

MAUConn fan may have hit on something before, maybe the team just wasn't that good (paraphrase).
Maybe Jerome was doing as he was instructed, or what he believed would help them win. You see it as selfish, I saw it as a kid who bashed his face into the court, got up, pulled out a few teeth, and kept playing. I loved his heart. Some don't.
Selfishness as he wanted to be a NBA player so bad so he started to jack up bad shots,gamble defensively to try to get steals,wanted to score more then find open teammates. Calhoun would never just yanked Jerome. I remember his last regular season game against south Florida he benched the starters but never just jerome. He loved him way to much to do that to him. Jerome Dyson underachieved the whole year his team didn't win games and he didn't get drafted. His planned failed. To me there's no discussion here.

Reaction Score
Arguing either side of the Dyson debate should be grounds for an immediate 2 week ban.
Everybody needs to let it go. Both sides.

Reaction Score
Last thing I will say, Dogbreath2U hit the nail on the head as he tried to do too much and didn't play within the system his senior year. Question is was it for the NBA scouts or was it because he thought he could help the team which wasn't performing as well as they thought they should, provide the spark??

We'll never know but we know he played hard in his Husky uni, is trying to get latched on to the NBA as we speak and working hard to do it and we should all root for the ex-Husky in reaching his dreams!!

Done

Reaction Score
1 got drafted the other didn't. There's a reason why!! If Sticks got the ball as much as Dyson did that year Stanley would have been a at least late first round pick with a guaranteed contract right now!! Its a total shame what happen that year, A complete debacle!!

Sticks got drafted because he was an athletic freak of nature. Nothing more. When he did get the ball on the perimeter, he wouldn't do anything with it. This is by no means an attack on Stanley, merely, pointing out that he wasn't suited to being the man and having an offense run through him.

H

Husk-E

This argument is just getting sad. It's like we're a bunch of eight-year-olds arguing over who punched whom. People need to realize that what happened in the past doesn't matter now. We have a Uconn grad competing for a roster spot in the NBA and there are still people that argue over how well he played here. That's just sad.

Reaction Score
This argument is just getting sad. It's like we're a bunch of eight-year-olds arguing over who punched whom. People need to realize that what happened in the past doesn't matter now. We have a Uconn grad competing for a roster spot in the NBA and there are still people that argue over how well he played here. That's just sad.
I hear ya not worth arguing about 3 seasons ago. Dyson is fighting for a NBA roster spot good for him. But there is also Stanley Robinson who has been M.I.A from basketball for a year. It kills me to see all that freakish raw talent Stanley has that isn't being utilized like it could be. I still have hopes for him to somehow someway carve a niche in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom