Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
J_Dyson_behind_the_back_2012.jpg

yes i have a third arm, but calhoun would not let me use it...some ncaa rule

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Yahoo! sports reports UConn is under investigation again, this time for allowing a Transformer to play during Final Four season.

Reaction Score
Seeing Dyson play at the Pro Am recently makes me remember how much "bounce" is in his game. Very nice young man as well. I spoke with him the other day and he was very pleasant. I am thrilled that he worked hard and made the league. Lets hope he sticks.

H

Husk-E

Now we know why he's been going through that shooting slump. he's been blocking his own shots.

Reaction Score
why do people even post topics on this guy? what did he ever do for us winning wise? Ill say it til im gone that 09-10 season should have been Sticks team not this guys!

C

Chief00

why do people even post topics on this guy? what did he ever do for us winning wise? Ill say it til im gone that 09-10 season should have been Sticks team not this guys!

I wish Jerome the best. I have always been honest with him. I talked to him a few weeks ago and I see a growth in wisdom and maturity now. It is tough for young players because they get more attention for a behind the back pass, a high flying wind mill dunk than making the right basic play. Summer Leagues can just cultivate this mentality. Having said that I think with Jerome it is now lesson learned. Could turn into a great story.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Stanley Robinson just wasn't an aggressive player. You can't hand the reins over to a guy who doesn't want to drive.

Reaction Score
Stanley Robinson just wasn't an aggressive player. You can't hand the reins over to a guy who doesn't want to drive.
I beg to differ. Sticks would have been the man if Mr. C wasn't so much in love of Dyson. And where did it get his team his team to? No where but a at home lost in the first round of the NIT to Virginia Tech! Are you kidding me?!?!

Reaction Score
I beg to differ. Sticks would have been the man if Mr. C wasn't so much in love of Dyson. And where did it get his team his team to? No where but a at home lost in the first round of the NIT to Virginia Tech! Are you kidding me?!?!

Dude, did Mr. Dyson steal your girlfriend or something? And it wasn't in Sticks' makeup to be the man. He was very passive and couldn't create his own shot.

Reaction Score

Your argument would have had the slightest iota of legitimacy if you had said Kemba instead of Sticks. How exactly would you design an offense around Stanley Robinson? Stanley was great at certain things, but creating his own offense was not one of them.

Reaction Score
Never understood the vitriol of some on this board towards Dyson. The dude was a friggin warrior out there. Was he part of an underachieving 2010 team? Yes. But anyone around the team that year knows Sticks was an embarrassment, Gavin was a chump, and Kemba hadn't tried to step into a leadership role yet.
It genuinely blows my mind how so many on this board are so quick to insist we don't criticize guys like Oriakhi, who was a bitchass punk who quit on his team, rather than Dyson who busted his ass game in and out.

Reaction Score
Never understood the vitriol of some on this board towards Dyson. The dude was a friggin warrior out there. Was he part of an underachieving 2010 team? Yes. But anyone around the team that year knows Sticks was an embarrassment, Gavin was a chump, and Kemba hadn't tried to step into a leadership role yet.
It genuinely blows my mind how so many on this board are so quick to insist we don't criticize guys like Oriakhi, who was a bitchass punk who quit on his team, rather than Dyson who busted his ass game in and out.

I mean I get he was a warrior but who can take you seriously when you say Stanley was an "embarrassment" (he wasn't everything we expected but was okay and fare from that) , Gavin was a "chump" (he was excellent in comparison to the kid who came to Storrs with little chance) and Kemba hadn't "tried"..........he wasn't the leader yet and as we've seen with so many young guards when given the reigns they have trouble but he was really good at times......especially 2nd half of the year.......

Underachieving? If they were he was as much part of it as anyone. He was not the same player as he was when they went to the FF but he was still talented and a warrior of sorts. I would say they just fell short of expectations.

Reaction Score
I mean I get he was a warrior but who can take you seriously when you say Stanley was an "embarrassment" (he wasn't everything we expected but was okay and fare from that) , Gavin was a "chump" (he was excellent in comparison to the kid who came to Storrs with little chance) and Kemba hadn't "tried"..........he wasn't the leader yet and as we've seen with so many young guards when given the reigns they have trouble but he was really good at times......especially 2nd half of the year.......

Underachieving? If they were he was as much part of it as anyone. He was not the same player as he was when they went to the FF but he was still talented and a warrior of sorts. I would say they just fell short of expectations.
Several things-
I never said kemba didn't try, I said he didn't try and step into that leadership role that we saw the next season.
Gavin had improved drastically every year prior to that. That year he (among others on the team) were out drinking and not going to class. So yeah, he was a chump.
Stanley left school despite being the most athletically talented player I have ever seen. That is embarrassing.
Last- Dyson missed almost half the season that they went to the FF. Calhoun said that if Dyson was there, they win that championship.

Reaction Score
At the heart of what I was getting at was that people on this board have referred to him as a locker room cancer and other such things, without ever having met a single player or coach in their life. That's what bothers me.

Reaction Score
Gavin had his best year that year whether he was out drinking or not so that's ridiculous.......
Stanley was just really gifted and much like Roscoe would show, never improved what he needed to for the next level. Still was an impact to the program and was a great story in staying and working hard to get back.
Kemba I agree but it's tough to do that as a sophomore even if you are the PG....he was the leader in the 2nd half and much better.
Instead of pointing at anyone as underachieving, it was the whole team and maybe because they just weren't that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom