Can't Win with Boyle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Can't Win with Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Im not advocating Boyle. I just dont think its fair to put everything on him. He has ZERO talent around him and has not been properly developed as a result of coaching changes and Diaco being extremely underwhelming. Boyle made a major career mistake going to ucon. In retrospect, im sure he wishes he went the PG route and ended up at a real D1 school where he could be developed and have D1 talent around him[/QUOTE

Welcome Mr. Boyle.

Reaction Score
if you think this is on boyle your crazy. he has NOTHING around him. this team is loaded with garbage that couldnt start at 95% of schools in this country
Boyle brings nothing to the table. Misses open guys with regularity! OPEN RECIEVERS! His third down efficiency is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Well is anyone in Storrs gonna go out and find another QB?

I don't know maybe take some money from Geno's recruiting budget and actually invest in a sport that matters?

Nice.... A - hole comment of the year with out a doubt !!!!!

Reaction Score
Wow you think anyone from this team is playing the league ? Delusional
Boyle is NOT the answer. He has shown nothing. He had time to throw and he overshot wrs all day.

Reaction Score
Tim Boyle got his shot, proved nothing going into next year. Open QB position going into spring ball. That's reality

Reaction Score
Nice.... A - hole comment of the year with out a doubt !!!!!

No there is a QB wiht ZERO p5 offers coming in. Its ok tho he tweets alot about other recruits so he'll be good. GIVE ME A BREAK

Reaction Score
if you think this is on boyle your crazy. he has NOTHING around him. this team is loaded with garbage that couldnt start at 95% of schools in this country
Disagree. Cochran won with this "garbage." 1 TD 11 INTs. What else do you need to see? Another thing, for BD not to let him throw the ball when this is a throw away season at this point, says a ton about BD's faith in him.

C

Chief00

Boyle really had nothing to do with the 5 turnovers that killed us. And as the SMU coach said UConn did not try to establish a passing game. So bottomline I don't know how anyone can evaluate a QB under those circumstances.

Reaction Score
Im not advocating Boyle. I just dont think its fair to put everything on him. He has ZERO talent around him and has not been properly developed as a result of coaching changes and Diaco being extremely underwhelming. Boyle made a major career mistake going to ucon. In retrospect, im sure he wishes he went the PG route and ended up at a real D1 school where he could be developed and have D1 talent around him

Good night Mr Boyle

Reaction Score
Boyle really had nothing to do with the 5 turnovers that killed us. And as the SMU coach said UConn did not try to establish a passing game. So bottomline I don't know how anyone can evaluate a QB under those circumstances.
if the head coach has no confidence to let him throw the ball there is nothing to evaluate he is never going to be the man here. it is clear as day Diaco has no confidence in this kid.

I have said time and time again that he has been mismanaged by two coaching staffs now, but he hasn't shown he can throw a basic pass to an open wr on third down to move chains.

Reaction Score
I agree---NO MAS BOYLE.

I was a big Boyle booster when Whitmer failed to deliver earlier in the season. Wanted Boyle to take his lumps and get the experience he would need for next year. Kind of like what happened with Orlovsky.

That was then. After watching him the last two games, I have lost any confidence that he is the guy. I can only hope that Shireff or whatever his name is or somebody else, a fifth year guy or somebody from UAB , can step in and run the offense. I really don't think the Davis kid from LI can step in as a true Frosh.

BTW, anybody pick up Orlovsky's tweets. Talk about being depressed with the state of the program. He's really discouraged.

Reaction Score
Boyle is not the answer at QB for uconn.

I know it's too soon to tell but I am excited about Tyler Davis's leadership already. I am hoping his take charge attitude - LEADERSHIP (which I consider a tangible at quarterback) includes tremendous dual threat capabilities as well.

Regardless of how good Boyle's arm may be, I see no signs of leadership in his on field mannerisms. What I do see is limp body language and a deer in the head lights look that disturbs me greatly. I will be surprised if he is UCONN's starting QB next year.

He seems like a fine young man, however Steve Addazio knew what he was doing when he passed on Boyle, who would probably do better at the DII level.

At the end of the day, I hope I am dead wrong and Tim Boyle turns out to be an All American and a Heisman candidate. Unfortunately, based on his performance this year, I don't see Boyle as the QB that will take UCONN to the promised land!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Well, if there's one slight silver lining to this season is that we have completely figured out that Tim Boyle should never start for UCONN again. 2015 seems to be an open competition. Again. Sheriffs, Davis, maybe a JUCO/5th Yr Transfer. Boyle should be no higher than 3rd on the depth chart and finally earn that much deserved redshirt by not seeing a single second of action.

Honestly, starting Davis next year excites me 10000x more than the thought of another year with Boyle at the helm. No accuracy. No touch. No presence. No leadership. I feel for the kid because he should have been redshirted his FR year and he's had to go through a coaching carousel here at UCONN. But he doesn't pass the eye test whatsoever. Better to have found this out this season than having to lose our first 4 games next year with him under center.

C

Chief00

Boyle and Whitmer throw completely different balls; it's of course the velocity but it's also impacts how patterns are run and angles etc. The coaching malfeasance and let me very frank ( even though many here shy away from that) - has created a situation where even Casey wasn't being successful despite the numbers he put up last year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know the next 9 months will have at least two saviors crowned.

One is a true freshman nobody else wanted. Lagow's twitter proficiency didn't exactly translate to wins.

The other savior had his last team attempt to move him to fullback.

So maybe let's pump the breaks.

Reaction Score
The other savior had his last team attempt to move him to fullback.

... or Linebacker.

Geez, I remember a time when we had 6 QBs competing for QB - didn't last long eh?

memem.jpg

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Boyle and Whitmer throw completely different balls; it's of course the velocity but it's also impacts how patterns are run and angles etc. The coaching malfeasance and let me very frank ( even though many here shy away from that) - has created a situation where even Casey wasn't being successful despite the numbers he put up last year.

let me be frank. My sources have told me you are a major douchebaag. Major.

Reaction Score
Jimhsr you are way off base. Ucon has above average wrs and rbs. Boyle is not a div 1 QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom