Can't Win with Boyle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can't Win with Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The OL improved dramatically and we have decent receiver talent. Ron Johnson is on the rise at RB. It's not like it's Peyton Manning quarterbacking a Pee Wee team.

Ron Johnson had a 100 yard game against one of the worst rush defenses in the country. Why dont you pump the brakes.

Reaction Score
Well is anyone in Storrs gonna go out and find another QB?

I don't know maybe take some money from Geno's recruiting budget and actually invest in a sport that matters?
If we take money from Geno, we should invest it in the team that plays in the only major conference. The mens hockey team #HockeyEast

Reaction Score
Ron Johnson had a 100 yard game against one of the worst rush defenses in the country. Why dont you pump the brakes.
Why don't you pump the brakes on Boyle. Third down a wide open Geremy Davis and he sails the ball 12 feet over his head the last time we have the ball. You want to dump on every kid on the program and prop up Tim. Here is a hint. Boyle would not start at any other FBS program in the country. Certainly not previously winless SMU, cause that kid was lights out better than Boyle with WRs that dropped the ball all over the place.

Reaction Score
Why don't you pump the brakes on Boyle. Third down a wide open Geremy Davis and he sails the ball 12 feet over his head the last time we have the ball. You want to dump on every kid on the program and prop up Tim. Here is a hint. Boyle would not start at any other FBS program in the country. Certainly not previously winless SMU, cause that kid was lights out better than Boyle with WRs that dropped the ball all over the place.
It wasn't just 12 feet over his head...it was 7 feet behind him too.

Reaction Score
It wasn't just 12 feet over his head...it was 7 feet behind him too.
Yeah it was all kinds of bad. Try not throwing every pass at max rpms. The pass to Delorenzo on the wheel route could have gone for six if it was thrown on target. Sorry at QB you have to have IT. Cochran had his teammates rally around him, Boyle has opposite affect on his teammates.

Reaction Score
Where are all the Boyle has NFL talent people at? Have they finally realized their football IQ is >0? How long until the apologists come out of the woodwork and let us know that Boyle's improved in the offseason and should be the starter next year?
Since ur back in Texas maybe u can get Ryan Agnew up here

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Boyle won't be QB next year. Guaranteed.
Nice. Given how playing time was so oddly dispensed this season, I have a hard time being so confident.

Reaction Score
if you think this is on boyle your crazy. he has NOTHING around him. this team is loaded with garbage that couldnt start at 95% of schools in this country

Including Boyle! He sucks!!

Reaction Score
Since ur back in Texas maybe u can get Ryan Agnew up here
pretty sure that ship sailed, but ya never know, grew up about 20 mins from him, maybe I'll run into him around town lol

Reaction Score
When Whitmer played this year I wanted Boyle. When Boyle played I wanted Whitmer. When Fox played I didn't know what I wanted. Honestly Boyle doesn't look like he wants to be out there.

Reaction Score
When Whitmer played this year I wanted Boyle. When Boyle played I wanted Whitmer. When Fox played I didn't know what I wanted. Honestly Boyle doesn't look like he wants to be out there.
This is life as a UConn fan.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's really sad. I and many others want Boyle to succeed. He is quite possibly the worst starting QB in D1 this season. The coaches were in a tough spot - they knew that playing Whitmer would not help in planning for the future. That said, playing Boyle really brought the team down.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's really sad. I and many others want Boyle to succeed. He is quite possibly the worst starting QB in D1 this season. The coaches were in a tough spot - they knew that playing Whitmer would not help in planning for the future. That said, playing Boyle really brought the team down.

But that's why you don't pick and mix your QB's based on the future. You pick your QB's based on the present. And make no mistake; Diaco knows that Whitmer was the best QB on this squad without a doubt, which is why you saw him warming up with 4 or 5 minutes left to go in this game, because Diaco knew Boyle couldn't win it. He was contemplating making the change to not lose an "unlosable" game, but guess what? Too late...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I guess that is the only proper way to read what has otherwise been a baffling set of ins and outs within the game.

I still don't understand why that genius Cummings didn't fully scrap the read option. Boyle can't run it and never will. With the limited practice time they have, its wasted if players are learning read option that only works for Whitmer and Fox.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
if you think this is on boyle your crazy. he has NOTHING around him. this team is loaded with garbage that couldnt start at 95% of schools in this country

B.S. I was a Boyle booster; but watching him overthrow wide open receivers (see Davis parked in the middle of the defense on 3rd down) is too much. He has no feel for the game. The OL has come around big time; they just need a legit passing threat.

Reaction Score
I think it showed a total lack of class on coach's part to not play Whitmer again after the int. He has given too much to the program to have him remember that as his last play as a Husky.

Reaction Score

Im not advocating Boyle. I just dont think its fair to put everything on him. He has ZERO talent around him and has not been properly developed as a result of coaching changes and Diaco being extremely underwhelming. Boyle made a major career mistake going to ucon. In retrospect, im sure he wishes he went the PG route and ended up at a real D1 school where he could be developed and have D1 talent around him

Reaction Score
Im not advocating Boyle. I just dont think its fair to put everything on him. He has ZERO talent around him and has not been properly developed as a result of coaching changes and Diaco being extremely underwhelming. Boyle made a major career mistake going to ucon. In retrospect, im sure he wishes he went the PG route and ended up at a real D1 school where he could be developed and have D1 talent around him
To say guys Like Foxx and Geremy Davis and others are not D1 Talent is over the top. He has been mishandled by two staffs now I get it. But he is as bad as any starter on offense. It is more accurate to say I'd like to see what the WRs could accomplish with a D1 QB trhowing them the ball.

Reaction Score
Even Whitmer put up better numbers with the "garbage" around him. There's more than enough talent to put up decent numbers and move the football. Boyle has not done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom