Can't Win with Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Maybe he'll replace Nebrich at Fordham

Reaction Score
Boyle's scholarship needs to be pulled. He is not a d1 qb. He may have a strong arm, but 0 accuracy or situational awareness. He was so bad that Diaco was warming up Whitmer to try and come in and win. God I hope Sherieffs is good, hell, I'll take decent in spring ball.

Reaction Score
Just that simple, the OL is even playing better. We have some good young skill players and some defensive talent.

It will all be meaningless if we have Boyle as QB next year.

I'm so relieved this season is over.
If Boyle is QB next year, it will be a repeat of this year.

Reaction Score
if you think this is on boyle your crazy. he has NOTHING around him. this team is loaded with garbage that couldnt start at 95% of schools in this country

Reaction Score
They need to get a JUCO, a graduate transfer, or the UAB QB to come in here and compete with Shirrefs. Just like it made zero sense to continue trotting Whitmer out there when he wasn't coming back and we were losing anyways, it makes zero sense to go into next year with Boyle as your primary QB. He showed nothing when he played, and even worse his teammates don't believe in him. You just see the WRs body language when he is in there. Dudes look like they barely have interest running their routes.

Reaction Score
They need to get a JUCO, a graduate transfer, or the UAB QB to come in here and compete with Shirrefs. Just like it made zero sense to continue trotting Whitmer out there when he wasn't coming back and we were losing anyways, it makes zero sense to go into next year with Boyle as your primary QB. He showed nothing when he played, and even worse his teammates don't believe in him. You just see the WRs body language when he is in there. Dudes look like they barely have interest running their routes.
I hear ya. Pretty sure there is 0 interest, because of two reasons. First, even if they're open, he won't throw to them. Second, if he does see they're open, he sails the ball 15 yards over their head. Hard if you're a receiver to give 100% with that happening imo.

Reaction Score
I thought he sucked after his first game against USF.

Its almost impossible to be as awful as he is out there.
Yes you did. You've been proven right. Yeah, the WRs dropped two ints in that game, but he has gotten worse every start since then. He had a couple of 300 yd passing games against Cincy and UCF last year in BLOWOUTS and his INTS contributed to those being blowouts.

The kid has been mismanaged by two staffs, but at some point you have completely turn the page. He needs to be third string at best next year. If your starter gets hurt, I don't even want him next in line.

Reaction Score
Where are all the Boyle has NFL talent people at? Have they finally realized their football IQ is >0? How long until the apologists come out of the woodwork and let us know that Boyle's improved in the offseason and should be the starter next year?

Reaction Score
I gave Boyle the benefit of the doubt up until the last few weeks because I thought it would be near impossible for any QB to excel with our OL. However, our OL is playing better and giving him time and he can't even complete five yard passes.

Reaction Score
Well is anyone in Storrs gonna go out and find another QB?

I don't know maybe take some money from Geno's recruiting budget and actually invest in a sport that matters?

Reaction Score
if you think this is on boyle your crazy. he has NOTHING around him. this team is loaded with garbage that couldnt start at 95% of schools in this country
You're out of your ever loving mind. How many times was he sacked/hurried today? Foxx and Davis could be in the NFL next year. Ron Johnson as a freshman put up over 100 yards today. Boyle has thrown exactly 1 td in college. You could put almost anyone off the street in there at qb and get the same types of completions.

Reaction Score
You need to change your glasses; he lost the game single handedly.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
As a huge Boyle backer I am very disappointed in his lack of growth this year. I do believe the coaching staff didn't help by not letting him throw more often. It had to hurt his confidence.

There will be a quarterback competition next season without a doubt

Stop with he should give up his scholarship and see what happens in the spring and summer.

I wish some fans would transfer

Reaction Score
You're out of your ever loving mind. How many times was he sacked/hurried today? Foxx and Davis could be in the NFL next year. Ron Johnson as a freshman put up over 100 yards today. Boyle has thrown exactly 1 td in college. You could put almost anyone off the street in there at qb and get the same types of completions.

Wow you think anyone from this team is playing the league ? Delusional

Reaction Score
McEntee > than Boyle. That's hard to type but true. He misses receivers by 5-7 yards consistently and passes the ball with maximum RPM when it needs touch. He was protected all day today. I think he afraid to be be hit.

Reaction Score
Shirreffs. Shirrefs. Shirrefs. Shirrefs. Shirreffs.

Stop selling me Boyle as "the future". Nobody's buying.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
McEntee > than Boyle. That's hard to type but true. He misses receivers by 5-7 yards consistently and passes the ball with maximum RPM when it needs touch. He was protected all day today. I think he afraid to be be hit.

He's had his chance. The staff has to move on in 2015. The book on Boyle should be considered closed - except for playing 3rd string. Next year the staff has to give Sherrifs and the Jan enrollee Davis the bulk of 1st team snaps at spring ball. They need a Juco QB bad.

Reaction Score

The OL improved dramatically and we have decent receiver talent. Ron Johnson is on the rise at RB. It's not like it's Peyton Manning quarterbacking a Pee Wee team.

Reaction Score

I would even say Whitmer > Boyle, but sadly, that goes without saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom