Can't Sleep on Creighton | The Boneyard

Can't Sleep on Creighton

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I couldn’t watch our Huskies today so I watched that game. The DePaul defense was non-existent and they could not make a shot to save their lives. It’s always important to respect an opponent but if the Huskies can play defense at the same level they’ve shown the last few games, there’s nothing to fear

Creighton does have some fearless freshmen that are playing at a high level but, um, so does UConn.

Reaction Score
They knocked off DePaul today on the road so they'll have a little extra spring in their step come Thursday.
Gonna guess that Geno doesn’t sleep on anyone.

Creighton had a great game today. Shot lights out. Rebounded like crazy. That will be significantly harder against UConn, especially with the defense they have been producing game after game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let's not get crazy.

How soon people forget.
The freshman, Emma Ronsiak, had a heckuva game today - she’s developing nicely. Still, it would have been interesting to see how she did if DePaul had tried to guard her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Creighton shot 58/53/94! Yikes!

DePaul shot a pedestrian 38/21/80.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t watch our Huskies today so I watched that game. The DePaul defense was non-existent and they could not make a shot to save their lives. It’s always important to respect an opponent but if the Huskies can play defense at the same level they’ve shown the last few games, there’s nothing to fear

Creighton does have some fearless freshmen that are playing at a high level but, um, so does UConn.
HuskyNan, did you try going to page 21, now page 22, Streaming the games, CTexpatinFL's second post on page 2 and click on the link in blue? I don't even have to log in. The game won't appear until the exact minute it's supposed to start.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think it’s great that Creighton beat Depaul. We want a competitive BE. But with 5 days for UConn to get ready for this game, and the way UConn has been playing defense lately, I would be surprised if the Blue Jays break 50 against the Huskies, and that’s not going to get it done.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They knocked off DePaul today on the road so they'll have a little extra spring in their step come Thursday.
Hello and welcome to the Boneyard fireford. It's always nice to have new people joins us, be they lurkers or active posters. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You never take any team lightly. The ladies will be prepared.

Creighton will not equal today's stats.
You know UConn will get their absolute best! They saw Arkansas knock off the Huskies. They're going to try their luck. They have nothing to lose (except the game). No one is expecting them to win anyway.
FWIW, Massey has UConn winning by 22 points 74-52 with a 97% chance of winning. BOTH teams will see better play on both ends of the floor from their opponent Thursday than they saw today.

Reaction Score
I've been referring to our "new" conference as The Big Least. This is a reflection of my disappointment that we're now a part of something not very different from the AAC. I've been meaning to do a little research to see how the games in both conferences compare for UConn, but I'm not really that interested in stats. I care most about my own impressions, and those are not kindly disposed to our current partnership.
There hasn't been a single moment when I thought the Huskies were in any danger of falling to one of their league opponents. Not one.
The team is also much better than when the season began, so that should add to our comfort zone.
Now just relax. Think of what's to come in the next week as exhibition games. The tests lie ahead past the conference "championships."

Reaction Score
Any league with home & home games that includes UConn will have issues getting many teams into the tournament because they are virtually guaranteed to have at least 2 losses in the league. This happens in leagues that have a very dominant team. Every conference has bottom teams and some good teams. If not a P5 conference it is much harder to get noticed especially in this year where most teams have not had out of conference games. Makes comparisons difficult. The big east has 3 teams that absolutely should make it (UConn, DePaul, Marquette) and 2 others that looked very good at times and could make it (Setan Hall and Villanova). Just because UConn can dominate does not make the rest of the league terrible.

Reaction Score
I've been referring to our "new" conference as The Big Least. This is a reflection of my disappointment that we're now a part of something not very different from the AAC. I've been meaning to do a little research to see how the games in both conferences compare for UConn, but I'm not really that interested in stats. I care most about my own impressions, and those are not kindly disposed to our current partnership.
There hasn't been a single moment when I thought the Huskies were in any danger of falling to one of their league opponents. Not one.
The team is also much better than when the season began, so that should add to our comfort zone.
Now just relax. Think of what's to come in the next week as exhibition games. The tests lie ahead past the conference "championships."
I disagree. It is too bad that DePaul, Marquette, Seton Hall, Villanova and Creighton all had virtually all their out of conference games canceled this year. Come next year I believe all five of them will be working toward a spot in the NCAA tournament.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Any league with home & home games that includes UConn will have issues getting many teams into the tournament because they are virtually guaranteed to have at least 2 losses in the league. This happens in leagues that have a very dominant team. Every conference has bottom teams and some good teams. If not a P5 conference it is much harder to get noticed especially in this year where most teams have not had out of conference games. Makes comparisons difficult. The big east has 3 teams that absolutely should make it (UConn, DePaul, Marquette) and 2 others that looked very good at times and could make it (Setan Hall and Villanova). Just because UConn can dominate does not make the rest of the league terrible.
Doesn't make it but it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom