OT: - Can't believe this fool ..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Can't believe this fool .....

Reaction Score
RI might get a win, except for the people who go to the beach there. It's like Jersey Shore light.

Hey be careful there pal...some tourists reside there too on weekends and stuff. LOL

People at South Kingston and East Matunuck Beaches are pretty normal, the bigger beaches like Squami and Scarborough can have that effect on you occasionally.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hey be careful there pal...some tourists reside there too on weekends and stuff. LOL

People at South Kingston and East Matunuck Beaches are pretty normal, the bigger beaches like Squami and Scarborough can have that effect on you occasionally.

Maybe I'm jaded. I live on the RI border and my daughter went to school in RI for the last 9 years. RI has some weird people in it (and some really good ones). She's in MA for high school this fall and we're thrilled.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm jaded. I live on the RI border and my daughter went to school in RI for the last 9 years. RI has some weird people in it (and some really good ones). She's in MA for high school this fall and we're thrilled.

Maybe you're not but the area we're in really has working class people who like to get away for long weekends, hit the beach and take some nice walks, hang out and have a few, go to a good restaurant or pub later. There's some weird people and some really cool and fun people. But can't we say that about our town or neighborhood we live in all week too?

Maybe weird just thinking Jersey Shore not a good comparison. Actually in the area we hang its more like Hang 10 wannabe's LOL....surfs up dudes!

Reaction Score
Deepster is a public beach guy. Poor poor's.

Not me. I'm a beach snob. I wouldn't even put my toes in the Long Island Sound. Been to Hawaii 4 times and seen 4 different islands there, Aruba 5 times, Mexico twice, Bahamas, Bermuda, St Maarten, St Thomas and a bunch of spots in Florida. North Captiva was last week and we were the only ones on a private beach there 3-4 of the days.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Maybe you're not but the area we're in really has working class people who like to get away for long weekends, hit the beach and take some nice walks, hang out and have a few, go to a good restaurant or pub later. There's some weird people and some really cool and fun people. But can't we say that about our town or neighborhood we live in all week too?

Maybe weird just thinking Jersey Shore not a good comparison. Actually in the area we hang its more like Hang 10 wannabe's LOL....surfs up dudes!

Surfer community stuff would be fine. I dated a girl in Santa Cruz for 3 years, I know that scene pretty well. I'll still never get used to the gross smell of patchouli oil on a beach though. It's just wrong. Maybe I'll go crash your beach...and wear a Kansas jersey.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
RI might get a win, except for the people who go to the beach there. It's like Jersey Shore light.

You're going to the wrong places then. And since you lived there, you know this.

Reaction Score
Surfer community stuff would be fine. I dated a girl in Santa Cruz for 3 years, I know that scene pretty well. I'll still never get used to the gross smell of patchouli oil on a beach though. It's just wrong. Maybe I'll go crash your beach...and wear a Kansas jersey.

I will look for you!

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Absolutely hate, hate patchouli oil smell. And usually dislike the that use it. Don't mind hippies, but that kind is just infuriating. Take a shower and put on some Old Spice like everybody else.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You're going to the wrong places then. And since you lived there, you know this.

I never lived in RI. But you're probably right. I'm a Cape Cod guy though, so don't care enough to fix it.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

The key is to stay away from Misquamicut. Watch Hill has better sand anyway.

As for CT beaches, especially the ones on the western shoreline, nobody is going there to bask in the beauty of the beach ... but shore living is > regular living.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Absolutely hate, hate patchouli oil smell. And usually dislike the that use it. Don't mind hippies, but that kind is just infuriating. Take a shower and put on some Old Spice like everybody else.

Trust me on this. You don't ever want to to to Earth Day in Santa Cruz. The blend of patchouli, BO and pot is enough to sear your nasal passages.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I never lived in RI. But you're probably right. I'm a Cape Cod guy though, so don't care enough to fix it.

Whoops, I thought I read you lived there above. Was somebody else.

Cape is nice. The only thing I don't like is the access. Very tight getting out to the best parts during the summer. September Cape is the best Cape.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Whoops, I thought I read you lived there above. Was somebody else.

Cape is nice. The only thing I don't like is the access. Very tight getting out to the best parts during the summer. September Cape is the best Cape.

I'm not a big fan of the arm actually. Rt. 6 bogs down and there's no other way through. While I've got a White Shark license plate on my car now, I wouldn't go in above my waist anymore at Nauset, Lighthouse, Race Point, Ballston in Truro or the ocean side Chatham beaches. My Sharktivity App popped three times yesterday.

Mayflower/Bayview in Dennis are nice and we go to Old Silver in North Falmouth a lot. It's only an hour from my house.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I wouldn't go in above my waist anymore at Nauset, Lighthouse, Race Point, Ballston in Truro or the ocean side Chatham beaches. My Sharktivity App popped three times yesterday.

Just to not make you feel better, the majority of shark attacks happen in waste deep water...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Just to not make you feel better, the majority of shark attacks happen in waste deep water...

Yes. In Florida, by Bull sharks, Blacktips and others. Great White Sharks can't really swim in 3 feet of water. The Cape has only had the the one attack in Truro so far, and a minor kayak incident with no injury, but it is only a matter of time. Besides, that water is too cold.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Deep's right. CT beaches blow. RI ftw. With some cape and vineyard sprinkled in.
I know right? You'd never find a beach like this in Connecticut.
IMG_0049.JPG

CL82

Reaction Score
Not me. I'm a beach snob. I wouldn't even put my toes in the Long Island Sound. Been to Hawaii 4 times and seen 4 different islands there, Aruba 5 times, Mexico twice, Bahamas, Bermuda, St Maarten, St Thomas and a bunch of spots in Florida. North Captiva was last week and we were the only ones on a private beach there 3-4 of the days.
But how many cell phones do you have?

CL82

Reaction Score
Anyone think it's hysterical that this poor bastard is out enjoying a few days on the beach with his family, benignly unaware that he has a thread about him, going on two pages, on a college basketball forum?

He is the Oklahoma Eric of new generation.

Reaction Score
Anyone think it's hysterical that this poor bastard is out enjoying a few days on the beach with his family, benignly unaware that he has a thread about him, going on two pages, on a college basketball forum?

He is the Oklahoma Eric of new generation.

HYSTERICAL! We went to visit our friends again today because apparently its to much of a haul to go from Point O Woods to White Sands (where the pics were taken) for my wifes friends to visit us..... Long story... but my wife said the same thing last night! In fact, she would not allow any more pictures today!! She caught a glimpse of the thread last night in bed when she looked over at my ipad and saw the pics. She was like: you posted that guy!!!?? LOL! See how munch trouble this damn place gets me in!!??????????????? Serves him right for wearing Kansas gear in CT!!

Reaction Score
Are you at Hatchett's Point?

I fish off Hatchets but can walk there from Point O Woods which is where I am, but these pics were taken at White Sands. Some friends had their parents cottage for a few weeks and were to cool to come visit us..... LOL! The husband is cool and has LOTS of beverages so I tolerate it but she is a piece of work! I offered to take them to Claudios in Greenport in the boat today and she was all high and mighty.... I informed her that she couldnt afford a gardeners shed over there on her best day so get over yourself.... Thaaaaat didnt go over to well with my wife. Her husband said it was true and funny as s#&t though !

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom