Cane Broom | The Boneyard

Cane Broom

Reaction Score
Cane Broome sweeps into town with No. 8 Cincinnati to face UConn
When Cane Broome became available on the “free-agent” transfer market back in March, 2016, he was waiting for one call in particular. “Cane would have gone to UConn if the offer was there,” Broome’s father, June, said on Thursday. “That offer was not available.” The Huskies had McDonald’s All-American Alterique Gilbert coming into the program. They also believed Daniel Hamilton was coming back for his junior year.

Reaction Score
“Kevin told me, ‘Mick’s a friend of mine, he’s a great coach, he’s gonna do him right,’” said June Broome, who got to know Ollie well when the two would watch their sons play against each other in high school, Cane at East Hartford High, Jalen Ollie at Glastonbury.

Nothing like recommending another school in your conference to a kid that wants to go to yours

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
“Kevin told me, ‘Mick’s a friend of mine, he’s a great coach, he’s gonna do him right,’” said June Broome, who got to know Ollie well when the two would watch their sons play against each other in high school, Cane at East Hartford High, Jalen Ollie at Glastonbury.

Nothing like recommending another school in your conference to a kid that wants to go to yours
You have to be joking me

Reaction Score
I was able to chat with April & Sam "June" at the Pro AM. They told me if Cane was a girl they would have named her May. True story. We were eating free bags of Doritos when chit chatting.

Reaction Score
I think it was Borges who had a stat how almost every game a player has put up their career high against us. 150% chance Cane has his game of his life tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Maybe it’s revisionist history, but I feel like it was well-known that DHam was leaving.
It's not.

Everyone knew, even here, that he was not in to school in general. How KO wasn't getting the "vibe" everyone else was getting is alarming, given how close he is to these kids.

Not that I think it's a huge deal we missed out on a 6' Junior who plays 20 mpg and averages 8 ppg given the incoming class. We'd like him here now, but that's only with some incredible hindsight

Reaction Score
If this was medicine it would be malpractice.
Willful, reckless and wanton conduct by KO here as it relates to his recruiting tactics. Is it possible the favor will be returned? Maybe in Vegas?

Reaction Score
It's not.

Everyone knew, even here, that he was not in to school in general. How KO wasn't getting the "vibe" everyone else was getting is alarming, given how close he is to these kids.
That is the problem he IS close to some and others he is NOT close to.

Reaction Score
That is the problem he IS close to some and others he is NOT close to.
He's certainly far closer than any of us. Even just by physically seeing the kids as frequently as he does.

We all saw it coming from our couches and toilets.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Comical. Stockpile talent. Playing time shakes out later. Ollie doing it assbackwards.

Reaction Score

That alone should be enough to give Ollie the axe...soon after it happened...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom