Cancer Walk Donation Question | The Boneyard

Cancer Walk Donation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So I signed up for the Cancer Walk. I'm currently canvassing for donations. I need to give them a donor page. Do I simply give them the general boneyard donation page? And have them write my name in the 'my gift is made jointly with' section?

Or do we get our own donation pages. Please let me know ASAP, so I can start collecting on promises.

Reaction Score
If you're part of the team, it really shouldn't matter. I think the general donation page is probably best but I don't think it's do or die and will all get to the right spot.

Reaction Score
Just wanted to mention that the Boneyard donation page that is linked above by the original poster ( http://www.friends.uconn.edu/the-boneyard , or the longer Convio URL that it redirects to) is unrelated to the NBC Connecticut Jim Calhoun Cancer Challenge Ride and Walk, for purposes of teams, target of donation, etc. The Ride and Walk benefits the Carole and Ray Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, and the fund that Coach requested for the Boneyard donation page this past fall is for the Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center.

The link for the Boneyard's Ride and Walk Team is here.

Just wanted folks to be clear.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just wanted to mention that the Boneyard donation page that is linked above by the original poster ( http://www.friends.uconn.edu/the-boneyard , or the longer Convio URL that it redirects to) is unrelated to the NBC Connecticut Jim Calhoun Cancer Challenge Ride and Walk, for purposes of teams, target of donation, etc. The Ride and Walk benefits the Carole and Ray Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, and the fund that Coach requested for the Boneyard donation page this past fall is for the Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center.
The link for the Boneyard's Ride and Walk Team is here.
Just wanted folks to be clear.

So what are you saying? Use the second link?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Fishy has said that general donations will be applied across participants to cover the $200.00 minimum, so that part should be fine if donations go there.

Reaction Score

If you're asking people to support The Boneyard's team for this weekend's Cancer Challenge Ride and Walk, yes, use that second link.

Yes, they both go to / through the Foundation, but they support different parts of the UConn Health Center. The Ride and Walk supports cancer, and the old general Boneyard donation page from this past fall supports cardiology.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If you're asking people to support The Boneyard's team for this weekend's Cancer Challenge Ride and Walk, yes, use that second link.

Yes, they both go to / through the Foundation, but they support different parts of the UConn Health Center. The Ride and Walk supports cancer, and the old general Boneyard donation page from this past fall supports cardiology.

OK, thanks. I want the cancer Ride and Walk thing. then I'll use the 2nd.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ok so how long does it take to get your name up there in the Boneyard group?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not up to us - with these forms, you're named to the group when they register you manually.

Some got put up today.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Ok so how long does it take to get your name up there in the Boneyard group?

I e-mailed my forms this morning and I was on in about an hour or so.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Dang, I emailed it a couple of days ago and nothing. I'll send it in again now and see what happens.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You can also fax in the form. The number is 860-674-1704. I just sent mine in, they'll grab it in the AM.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
OK! After a little show, I'm live!. And we are off and running (walking).

Looks like we only have $1,790 so far. Time to up that a bit hopefully.

Is it considered bad form to post the link on Facebook? Nothing like hitting up people you haven't seen in 20 years for money.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just hit my HFD donation to the team total. Nobody break any hips.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

I sent in my forms and was up and running within 30 minutes.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
OK! After a little show, I'm live!. And we are off and running (walking).

Looks like we only have $1,790 so far. Time to up that a bit hopefully.

Is it considered bad form to post the link on Facebook? Nothing like hitting up people you haven't seen in 20 years for money.

Post it wherever.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Yeah - post it anywhere that you can get people to give you money. I'll have at least $500 to add to the total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom