cancelled my Scout premium with a couple days to spare, phew..... | The Boneyard

cancelled my Scout premium with a couple days to spare, phew.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just a reminder to all premium members to check there renewal date if they want to cancel as Scout does not give partial refunds

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Thanks - just checked and I have til Nov.

Reaction Score
Is this site going to have a premium side as well?

I sincerely doubt it. What would we need it for? Two college recruit websites are enough. This is just a community looking for a reasonable home to chat about the teams we love, and I think we have one here.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So I had a weird thought: If I posted enough obnoxious and contentious stuff on the premium board on TOS to the point where they had to ban me, would they have to credit me some prorated amount? Could be fun :cool:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I sincerely doubt it. What would we need it for? Two college recruit websites are enough. This is just a community looking for a reasonable home to chat about the teams we love, and I think we have one here.

Well, one little question about our new site is this: Who is paying for it? Is this all for free? Historically, the premium members helped pay for the cost of keeping the site alive. Maybe this site is somehow free without ads or anything. It may be necessary for people to help pay the rent to have this nice new home.

Reaction Score
I have checked the former board a few times over the past week and I cannot believe the extent of the PC invasion. Literally every other post is PC related in some way, whether it be about PC or negatively about UConn...credit is due to the mods who kept that from happening when everyone was over there.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I have checked the former board a few times over the past week and I cannot believe the extent of the PC invasion. Literally every other post is PC related in some way, whether it be about PC or negatively about UConn...credit is due to the mods who kept that from happening when everyone was over there.
Actually, it's 3 or 4 PC posters who are trying to make it look like the move was a failure or that site would be an alternative in order to deceive a few folks who don't check in frequently or aren't very sophisticated to make this board less successful. They've failed miserably obviously but they continue to post. For those of you responding to them - stop! That's all they want - traffic. Stop providing it. Of course there are only a few who don't understand that we have moved, but remember, a lot of folks don't check the board daily or even weekly.

If you feel a need to post over there, post the new site so the stragglers can find their way as they have taken down the pinned posts about the move.

In fact, I think I will do that tomorrow.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Actually, it's 3 or 4 PC posters who are trying to make it look like the move was a failure or that site would be an alternative in order to deceive a few folks who don't check in frequently or aren't very sophisticated to make this board less successful. They've failed miserably obviously but they continue to post. For those of you responding to them - stop! That's all they want - traffic. Stop providing it. Of course there are only a few who don't understand that we have moved, but remember, a lot of folks don't check the board daily or even weekly.

If you feel a need to post over there, post the new site so the stragglers can find their way as they have taken down the pinned posts about the move.

I must admit to finding the PC invasion amusing.

Reaction Score
For a PC fan with something to say, TOB is your only shot at gaining an audience. Their Friar Talk site is comprised of 6 androgynous members posting under multiple names and giggling at each other.

Reaction Score
just a reminder to all premium members to check there renewal date if they want to cancel as Scout does not give partial refunds

Unfortuantely, my renewal date was August 4th so I just blew $90. As most of you know they will not refund, but it IS important to make sure they don't automatically renew and charge your credit card.

Reaction Score
Unfortuantely, my renewal date was August 4th so I just blew $90. As most of you know they will not refund, but it IS important to make sure they don't automatically renew and charge your credit card.
...I was "stupid" and had gone with the monthly charge of $9.95 on my credit card....but in this case it works out ok since I can just stop my membership pronto. No refund needed...

Reaction Score
Thanks for the tip. I won't waste the call. My renewal was 2 weeks ago.

Reaction Score

lol, is this some form of a PSA on your part? You're seemingly posting this everywhere.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
lol, is this some form of a PSA on your part? You're seemingly posting this everywhere.

If everywhere = this thread and 1 or maybe 2 others where people are talking about the old board, then yes, I am posting this everywhere. And yes, it is a PSA on my part. Don't engage and post the new site when people are lost. I don't understand your problem with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom