Cancel the program | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cancel the program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t want the program to be cancelled, but I’ll say this: my other school has a better team by far, and my other school is Kansas. Leading TT by 7 right now. Huskies need to step up.

My other school, Lehigh, has a better team by far. LOL.

Reaction Score
Kansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee are all top-10 ranked Basketball programs whose Football teams have a losing record right now. Should they cancel football too?

Kansas hasn't had a winning season since 2008, and has had just 3 winning seasons in the last 20 years.

Losing sucks, but we'll get thru it. Talks of cancelling the program is just diarrhea of the mouth.

those schools have more money than god - we are spending money we dont have to win 1 game this year and next year the team could be worse

Reaction Score
While I’m not a “drop football” guy, this is def the lowest point I’ve ever seen the program. Lose a homecoming game to UMass in front of 5 people? I get the weather, but let’s be real...it’d be half empty if it was 75 and sunny like it was when I went to the Cincy game.

1-7, no talent, no real recruits coming in, uninspiring schedule, etc. I don’t think we should cancel the football program, but I’m not against dropping down to FCS, if we aren’t even competing at this level what’s the point in hemorraghing money. I’d rather compete in the FCS then get embarrassed week after week in the FBS, esp if it means saving basketball.

NOBODY would ever go to an FCS game. I know that I wouldn't, unless we were somehow competing for an FCS playoff bid.

Reaction Score
What you guys don’t think with up coming Clemson and Tennessee games that we aren’t making money? Randy told us rebuilding is going to be tough. He is right we shouldn’t be surprised. Do u think during rebuilding you should win more games every year to become better yes. To cancel a program will not be a good idea. Even if it means we are spending our money on some bad years. To become better you need to suck first to know how winning feels

Reaction Score
those schools have more money than god - we are spending money we dont have to win 1 game this year and next year the team could be worse

So the spending money we don't have thing - how does it impact you?

Reaction Score

So we drop football, save the few million, and then what? Will that help Basketball get better? Leave AAC for the BE? The new Big East isn't the same one we left. Syracuse and Pitt and Louisville etc are gone, they only have 1 ranked team.

How will cancelling the football program make UConn better?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Scheduling has hurt us. What fans need to show up is a few games per season that they can get excited about regardless of how our Huskies team preforms. Imagine if we had a few more P5 opponents.

Reaction Score
Kansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee are all top-10 ranked Basketball programs whose Football teams have a losing record right now. Should they cancel football too?

Kansas hasn't had a winning season since 2008, and has had just 3 winning seasons in the last 20 years.

Losing sucks, but we'll get thru it. Talks of cancelling the program is just diarrhea of the mouth.
After today I feel like someone had diarrhea in my mouth.

Reaction Score
Long gone are the days of the Big East, playing ND,and Michigan, playing in a respectable conference, this is the future get used to it

In Conference, we play recently-ranked teams likes UCF and USF and HOU and Memphis and Cincy. The top is arguably as strong/stronger now than the BE ever was.
OOC, we have P5 opponents like Clemson, Illinois, BC and Indiana already on the schedule, and talks of adding Tennessee.

We aren't hurting for good competition.

Reaction Score
are you comfortable with how they subsidize the budget to support this shootshow? i'm not.

In theory - no. But the state has a $2B budget deficit. So if we want to get angry about how the state is spending money on anything? This is probably item number 2,474 on the list. Don't want to turn this into a cesspool discussion, but this is a ridiculous line of discussion.

Whether the football team is a top 10 team, the clownshow that is is today, FBS, FCS, D3, non-existent, or whatever - the only measurable financial impact to any individual citizen of CT is whether or not they decide to buy tickets and go to the game. And IF we were a top 10 team, everyone on this board would be ok if the subsidy was double.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
In Conference, we play recently-ranked teams likes UCF and USF and HOU and Memphis and Cincy. The top is arguably as strong/stronger now than the BE ever was.
OOC, we have P5 opponents like Clemson, Illinois, BC and Indiana already on the schedule, and talks of adding Tennessee.

We aren't hurting for good competition.
I don’t think their as good as Pitt, WV, Cuse or Louisville

Reaction Score
There are a few good teams and many more bad teams. We are the worst of the bad. So, based on the statistics alone, we were not going to roll all over UMass. That was the reality, which because of our performance against USF, fooled the fans into thinking we could comfortably beat UMass. Having said that, it is a bitterly disappointing result that, with better coaching, may have ended better than it did.

Reaction Score
Sometimes people need to vent. They are not dropping football. As bad as they are, we keep thinking this is a one recruiting class fix. Why on earth would anyone think that? This is RE's 1st year with his recruits. Quick fix ain't happening(obviously).

Reaction Score
Agree man.. this is embarrassing
Cancelling football is a stupid idea and not going to happen. Word in the athletic department is that Edsall had a 3 year rebuild. We are playing freshmen on defense in case you hadn't noticed. Boys against men. I get the frustration, it's very frustrating. But this cancel football baloney has to stop.

Reaction Score
Too much invested to Drop. You just need to be better.

Throwing good money after bad. Edsal lacks imagination and I doubt that UConn can go through another Ollie-type firing battle. Let's sell Rentschler, go to FCS, and maybe win enough games to fill Veterans' Stadium at New Britain.

Reaction Score
The basketball fans will never change. They’ve opposed the football upgrade forever and will continue to do so. And in a couple of years when we are winning again they will still be complaining. FWIW some of 5hen even complain about upgrading the hockey program.

Reaction Score
The basketball fans will never change. They’ve opposed the football upgrade forever and will continue to do so. And in a couple of years when we are winning again they will still be complaining. FWIW some of 5hen even complain about upgrading the hockey program.
Winning in a couple of years? We don’t even have any solid recruits

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let's just stop this thread right now
This is an ongoing thing after every game
UConn is not cutting football and it is not even up for discussion in any corners of the UConn athletic or administrative offices.
Nobody likes losing and nobody likes losing to UMass or getting killed as this year team has in the first 4-5 games.
They play so many freshmen that it is bound to happen
RE2 has a 5 year window - 1st 2 yrs trying to get over the RD disaster and the final 3 to make steady improvement
IF the team doesn't win at least 4 games next year then perhaps a revisit to his job stability needs to be examined
This year is not the time to do so.
Good news - basketball is around the corner

Reaction Score
2018 season will end with 1 win. we continue to regress. we have 7 FCS level recruits signed for next year with 20+ roster spots opening. Our best player is graduating. Outlook is horrendous. there is no way to spin this positively. just end it
Why in any world would someone who wants to abolish football be here ??? Head bang
Those that have given up and have no interest in UConn football should lessen their anxiety and just go away.
These threads show absolutely no understanding of the program and the overall situation. If the point is to hurt the feelings of football fans then simply beat us up with offers of your not going to be used tickets. ;)

Reaction Score
What you guys don’t think with up coming Clemson and Tennessee games that we aren’t making money? Randy told us rebuilding is going to be tough. He is right we shouldn’t be surprised. Do u think during rebuilding you should win more games every year to become better yes. To cancel a program will not be a good idea. Even if it means we are spending our money on some bad years. To become better you need to suck first to know how winning feels

Can’t wait for Tennessee in 2082

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek